ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
That's the way we spell New York
Post a reply

Re: NYC Toy Monthly

Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:25 pm

Jeez, RussBlue...did you happen to say hi to any of us?

I normally don't engage every customer in a deep conversation, as doing so would make running a business pretty difficult, eh? If you talk to me, I'm more than willing to talk...just ask the folks on this board.

Next time you come in, feel free to to say hi and I'll talk to you about anything your heart desires...I remember you (and your family) coming into the store but I think the staff (and people in general) are hesitant to just start chatting it up with customer who already have folks they are talking to...

I'm the surly looking fellow in black but I don't bite!

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:50 pm

Sorry, last derail...

m3kcomp, sorry I guess I've heard such great things about Toy Tokyo and set my expectations really high. I'm not that talkative myself/on the shy side, so I don't start conversations much. You also look kind of intimidating :lol: I plan to visit again and will try to buy something (my mom doesn't like me spending money on toys) and talk to you if you're there that day. I think I overheard something about sdcc and pushead but I didn't want to be rude :)

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Russblue11 wrote:You also look kind of intimidating

Tell that to the bum who I've been trying to get away from the front of the store for two weeks!

Back on track...no talking for me this week either because I'm away on holiday...not for the same reason as Joe but away nonetheless.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:38 pm

haha, lorne is one of the nicest dudes around! don't judge a book by its cover.

maybe sometime next week would be better for a meetup since lorne and joe are gone. i'm still down if this week works for others though, as i have off the next three days,, woohoo~!!

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:17 am

If anyone wants to meet up THURSDAY night let me know.

Erik Sjoen and Mark Gradwell are both coming to NYC from San Francisco and Pennsylvania (respectively).
Erik posts here and is a well known Collector.
I'm not sure if Mark's made the rounds here or not but he is another big collector.

I'm not sure what we are all getting into, but it seems like it would be a good time none the less.

I'm shooting for East Village around Astor Place and then going to a nice bar/izakaya something like that.
7:30pm?

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:52 am

DAMN, Thurs no good for me. I have to shoot some naked ladies or something.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:08 am

What are you Coop now?

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:17 am

If another date/time works better than offer it up guys!

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:53 pm

we should do a nyc trade fest like they do out west. Maybe at the trophy bar, by the mishka shop. They have picnic tables out back for deal making, And booze to ease the sting of a tough trade.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:09 pm

Mr Grzlli Atom wrote:we should do a nyc trade fest like they do out west. Maybe at the trophy bar, by the mishka shop. They have picnic tables out back for deal making, And booze to ease the sting of a tough trade.

i rly like this idea and could bring a whole mess of stuff!

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:53 pm

exactly. I know I have ALOT of stuff I wont really be selling, BUT could make for some fun trades.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:39 pm

I'm trying to organize something similar in Philly on 09/10, hopefully with some trading as well

http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=39726

Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Hey I'm meeting up with a few board members tomorrow, Wednesday, so wanted to post it up if any one else can make it. Planning on meeting around 7:30 on the lower east side, maybe congregate around Toy Tokyo and head out to a bar.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:19 pm

See you there guy :mrgreen:

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:32 pm

Let's start this back up. Any ideas on a time and a place coming up? Even a centralized meet up spot and then walk to somewhere would work.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:53 am

Is this idea dead? I was thinking of having a big Toy Blow Out in my basement....I live in Brooklyn, anyone interested?
Oh yeah, I got mad toys....I am somewhat of a hoarder and most of all of it is still in the bag and un-opened....and
I have been collecting a little over 15 years.....
Holla!

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:55 am

cesar wrote:Is this idea dead? I was thinking of having a big Toy Blow Out in my basement....I live in Brooklyn, anyone interested?
Oh yeah, I got mad toys....I am somewhat of a hoarder and most of all of it is still in the bag and un-opened....and
Holla!

I'd definitely drive up for something like that.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:36 am

Im interested as well. Any ideas on a day?

Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:38 am

cesar wrote:Is this idea dead? I was thinking of having a big Toy Blow Out in my basement....I live in Brooklyn, anyone interested?
Holla!

Hey Cesar, it was good to meet you at the Cotton Candy Machine event.
I'd be into this.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:27 am

cesar is OG

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:30 pm

cesar is back!
If you have something on a weekend, ryan and i should be able to make it down.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:45 pm

Count me in :)

Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:50 pm

I'm in!

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:55 am

Fuck count me in too.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:30 am

down for this, but depending on day/time as i work crazy hours