ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
That's the way we spell New York
Post a reply

Hurricane Sandy

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:51 am

Pretty minor in my area compared to you guys who may be in evacuation coastal zones. But winds have been snapping off branches in my back yard and they have been falling and breaking apart my fence.

Stay safe everyone.

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:29 am

Same to you joe, Im just above Sunrise highway on the south shore. Everyone below sunrise has been mandatory evacuated. Some cray stuff.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:15 am

It is a wind storm and a half here :evil: gonna lose power... Dj will ross had to evacuate his home in long beach...
he came up to me for a hurricane PARTY!!!!!!

Please be safe guys this is gonna be rough!!!

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:17 pm

Just lost power in Boston. Thank god for smart phones and 3G connections

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:27 pm

what if the cell towers blow over ?!? There is a river near me that will probably overflow but I live in the hills so it shouldn't be that bad.

hope everyone is safe and dry =)

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:35 pm

Yeah, just lost the internet in Brooklyn. Thankfully I just finished downloading the walking dead to keep me entertained for a bit.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:30 pm

be safe, brainers!

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Lookin' pretty bad. I hope everyone stays safe and listens to the warnings. Even with proper preparation, you don't want to mess around with this kind of stuff. By the time it gets here, we are just expecting heavy winds, but I expect a significant amount of power outages due to fallen trees.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:10 pm

Doesn't the media blow every frigging storm way out of proportion though? I use to live in Brookyln and also not far from the southern NJ shore and it never gets evacuating bad. I think this over response is all because of Katrina. Every time I see Chris Christie's fat republican face I want to punch it. :twisted:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:03 pm

LindsayLohan wrote:WHY is everyone in SUCH a panic about hurricane (I'm calling it Sally)..?Stop projecting negativity! Think positive and pray for peace.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Power is out now for some time:-( 70 mile an hour winds... It is fuckin nasty... Hope you all are safe!!

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:05 pm

pyroatheart1.3 wrote:Power is out now for some time:-( 70 mile an hour winds... It is fuckin nasty... Hope you all are safe!!

Ill keep my mouth shut, but ive still got power :shock:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:28 pm

:evil: no power here... Long beach ny is under 4 ft of water... Houses are burning wild in freeport ny and far rockaway ny...
Peolp have died.. Guy in flushing had a tree crush him in his home..
2 children have died due to tree limbs falling on them..

Pretty shitty here... I hope all of us in this shit are ok!!!!

FUCK YOU SANDY!!!!!!

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Stay safe everyone. For everyone that has lost power, try to keep your fridges closed. They are able to keep food and drinks cold for a few days if left closed most of the time.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:39 pm

take every precaution- that thing looks nasty. Hang in there brainers

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:45 pm

NYPD IS FUCKED!!!! http://web.stagram.com/p/313359424171473593_185044285

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:35 pm

Stay safe everyone

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:09 am

And of course, due to my insane boss, I'm at work right now for some ungodly reason... :roll:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:34 am

Wow charlie fuck the boss!!! Shit is worse in the day light... We wont have power for days..

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:55 am

Yeah, he realized there's no reason for us to be open today. So heading back home now thankfully. LI seems to be seriously fucked, glad to see you guys are all ok.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:10 am

Tree crashed through a window @ my parents house. Thankfully that room has been vacant for 15+ years, but still...

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:07 pm

Be safe, all of you.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Wishing you guys the best given the shitty situations!!! Be safe.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:49 pm

Hope everyone is safe, well, or got a really good story out of the deal.
Post a reply