ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
That's the way we spell New York
Post a reply

Re: NYCC 2013

Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Closest airport is Laguardia.
JFK is a $50 flat rate cab ride or a long train ride on the ACE line. - which is fine. But long if you're tired.

Stay at the ACE hotel.
You can get a room for $200-$230 and it easily sleeps 2.
4 if you're rugged.
6 if you're into cuddling.

It's a 10 min walk from the con, 15 mins if you're a fat toy nerd who lives in their parents basement/off there girlfriend

Staying in BK / Queens or jersey is more time spent traveling than chillaxing.
And late night trains are not awesome.

Air BNB isn't a bad route.
Stay in Manhattan though.

Just my 2¢

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:23 am

the Super shuttle is also a good option for traveling from/to the airport to your hotel. google a promo code and its only about $34 round trip. the negative side is there may be several passengers that get dropped off..and might take longer for you to get to your destination.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:32 pm

Fuck yes. I got my pro passes again! Actually I got 4 of them! Muahhahahahaha. Anyways. Ill be the guy there probably only Friday and Saturday (couldnt get off work Thursday, giving passes to friends Sunday) with a baby and annoyed wife.

I have a couch in Newark (i live a few blocks from penn station) if you doesn't mind sleeping with my dog and cat. Possibly even an empty basement apartment that has no furnishings but i could provide an air mattress or two.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:01 pm

Friends and fam let me know if you need a place stay. Very excited for NYCC as always!!!

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:02 am

The Block exhibitor list:
http://nycc13.mapyourshow.com/5_0/exhib ... ilion=BLCK

Not seeing Super 7 or Onell Designs :(

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:54 am

Grass Hut and friends though.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:07 am

:( That's a bummer, fingers crossed that they are both coming.
Especially since Onell also had RxH and Uamou at their booth.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:26 am

That list in not complete... Booth 504 is missing :wink: :wink:

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:33 am

Ahhh, I was wondering why I didn't see a Monster Island booth!

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:17 am

Huh, never even heard of a lot of those, I'll be at Monster Island again on Saturday.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:29 am

Onell doesn't do SDCC, so NYCC seems to be their spot. Last year they had like constant guests selling stuff. Every time I went back something new was there.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:33 pm

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:00 pm

^ I love the ear lobes on the red guy. These look fun!

Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:51 pm

bus ticket purchased, can't #&*($ing wait!!

:twisted:

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:48 am

My wife and I both will be there this year. This will be her first time so we are both super excited! We've secured our pro passes, flight and we're staying at the ACE. I'm still looking for a booth spot to peddle my CAST wares, I will have a small amount of NYCC exclusives and maybe some other stuff. The next three weeks are gonna crawl by.
Last edited by CopASquatToys on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:25 pm

mildew180 wrote:^ Thanks guys. I will be staying in Brooklyn what are some must do's there?

Got to go to Roberta's Pizza in Bushwick. Morgan stop off the L. My favorite brick oven pizza spot at the moment. Order the ribs if they have it. Also check out all the painted walls at the Bushwick collective.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:41 pm

^ Thanks for the advice!!!

Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:00 pm

Im stoked and stressed to be going/vending this year!
I'll be in the Grasshut and Friends booth #204.

Id recommend to anyone still without a hotel to look into Airbnb. Some decent deals to be found there and very walkable to the Javits center.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:36 pm

Dude So pumped for NYCC. We got Creeps and Old Ones to Release. The best part is seeing good friends again and having a good time talking about toys! :D

Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:20 pm

This is us:
GRASS HUT & FRIENDS AT NYCC! by zacksoto, on Flickr

Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:22 am

also try using the UBER app. I used it in Chicago and it was great. I'm pretty sure they have it NY. The UberX was super cheap to get us anywhere in the city, even the airport.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:20 pm

eckotyper wrote:was turned towards the airbnb.com... was looking all over, wasnt bad, found a few places for $65 a night near JFK... but ended up going with one in Brooklyn, for $39 a night!. I'm officially all set to go! now to just make an itinerary.

Just had a bad flashback to NYE, and place in Brooklyn that a couple of friends and I rented through airbnb.com. Without getting into too much detail, I'll just say one word: bedbugs.

They had kind of slipped my mind since the media quit making a big scare back in 2010/11, but yeah, the place had them. Luckily we realized this before spending the night, and ended up having to stay at a Days Inn in Long Island. That was not a fun experience...

You should be fine, but it never hurts to check those sheets and mattresses when arriving. Only takes a sec, and you'll never know what you might find... :shock:

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Aww gross.... That'll really screw up my week. Thanks for the tip!!

Smurph726 wrote:
eckotyper wrote:was turned towards the airbnb.com... was looking all over, wasnt bad, found a few places for $65 a night near JFK... but ended up going with one in Brooklyn, for $39 a night!. I'm officially all set to go! now to just make an itinerary.

Just had a bad flashback to NYE, and place in Brooklyn that a couple of friends and I rented through airbnb.com. Without getting into too much detail, I'll just say one word: bedbugs.

They had kind of slipped my mind since the media quit making a big scare back in 2010/11, but yeah, the place had them. Luckily we realized this before spending the night, and ended up having to stay at a Days Inn in Long Island. That was not a fun experience...

You should be fine, but it never hurts to check those sheets and mattresses when arriving. Only takes a sec, and you'll never know what you might find... :shock:

Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:15 pm

Polyestercowboy wrote:Aww gross.... That'll really screw up my week. Thanks for the tip!!

A feller went from staying at one of these places to crashin @ my friend's 1 bedroom in Brooklyn aaand fast forward through the bedbug battle > Matt had to throw out most of his furniture & clothes TWICE :evil:

In other news, I'm lookin forward to seein some NYCC previews. Any day now, I'd think.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:47 pm

Posted all my exclusives for NYCC below, take a gander :)

http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40269&start=250
Post a reply