ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
That's the way we spell New York
Post a reply

Monstrosities

Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:33 am

Looks like Myplasticheart is putting together a great show on Jan 3rd. *edit

From their email:
Start the year off right, come check out the MONSTROSITIES show starting January 3rd! This show is a full blown Kaiju show with over 30 original monster toy designs by US and Japanese Kaiju designers BLOBPUS, Bloodguts, Galaxy People, GUUMON, Mechavirus, Mutant Vinyl Hardcore and Paul Kaiju.
Most of the pieces will be sold by a lottery basis starting the opening night of the show. The show will also feature music by Sailor Goon, NY based DJ.
MONSTROSITIES will be on display until Jan 31st, with the main reception being held on January 3rd. Some of the artists will be in attendance, so come out and have a killer time.
Last edited by Brooklyn_Vinyl on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Monstrosities

Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:11 pm

I like your style of posting it will be opening on the 5th :lol: :wink:

Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:29 pm

chimmychazz wrote:I like your style of posting it will be opening on the 5th :lol: :wink:

Ha! Freudian slip!

Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:03 pm

I'll be there. PBR in hand.

Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:11 am

Here's the preview link:
http://www.myplasticheart.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=MPH&Category_Code=0000MONSTROSITIES

I think I went to high school with this guy in San Diego. Maybe I was this guy...

Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:13 pm

Looks like a pretty solid show. I can't make it out to the opening, but I'm definitely going to try and stop by before it's over. I'm heading to LA next week, so I'm saving my $$$ to splurge at TAG...otherwise I'd be all over that lottery trying to get a Mockbat :twisted:

Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:17 pm

This new Unichiman is just killing me.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:02 pm

Great show good seeing everyone as always! Random number generator huh? Oh to be number 56...

Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:35 am

The show was great! Lots of excellent pieces and lots of familiar faces, plus some new ones.

Here's the link to the pics I took. I got there a little before 7 and was able to take some decent pics (I think). Feel free to correct any of the titles I gave to the photos. I don't think I got Uzumark piece labeled correctly, for example.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/spatula00 ... 730925859/

:D

Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:43 am

spatula007 wrote:The show was great! Lots of excellent pieces and lots of familiar faces, plus some new ones.

Here's the link to the pics I took. I got there a little before 7 and was able to take some decent pics (I think). Feel free to correct any of the titles I gave to the photos. I don't think I got Uzumark piece labeled correctly, for example.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/spatula00 ... 730925859/

:D

Fantastic photos! I didn't end up making it out that night for a variety of reasons, mainly because it was hard to motivate with the crappy weather. Hoping to check it out while its quiet in the shop one day next week. Really glad to see that MPH is willing to venture out of their comfort zone and do a show like this. But I'm not surprised, I try to make it to all of their shows, I think they have great taste in who they chose to display.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:52 am

spatula007 wrote:https://www.flickr.com/photos/spatula00 ... 730925859/

There's at least one dolphin in that last shot. :evil:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:08 am

brobles wrote:

He didn't get anything.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:15 pm

brobles wrote:

Upscale hype representin'
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49100

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:19 pm

Did anyone on SB get lucky? Some great toys , especially the 2 Sally Joe's & Sludge Kraken :shock:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:13 pm

I ended up with the Sludge Kraken.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:44 pm

When they called my number, which was 666 by the way, I actually passed on buying anything.

The one piece I wanted, Blobpus Raoh, sold right as I walked through the door. Bastard.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:48 pm

It was strange that the show was part raffle, part first come first served.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:57 pm

analog101 wrote:It was strange that the show was part raffle, part first come first served.

Really??? How did they decide what was raffle and what was first come? Artist's choice?

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:03 pm

Not sure. All MVH, Blood Guts and PK, except for the MVH/Blobpud Gori Sludge Demon were raffle. Guumon, Galaxy People and everything else was first come at 7pm. I grabbed a Guumon Krunk that way.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:57 am

This Saturday, January 2nd (2016) 7-10 PM

Who's going? I'll most likely be there.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:56 am

See ya there.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:12 am

I'm there.

You've been warned.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:30 pm

Wouldn't miss it!!!

Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:36 pm

Moments like this sure make me miss NYC. :cry: This show is going to be awesome, enjoy everyone. I hope to see lots of pics.

Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:33 pm

Yes.
Post a reply