ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Chicago Underground
Post a reply

Danzig legacy oct 7?

Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:05 am

Any of yinz going to the Danzig Legacy show on fri oct 7th at the Congress theater?
I will be in town for fri and sat if anyone wants to hang.

Re: Danzig legacy oct 7?

Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:29 am

Me and my old lady will be there. Not much time before the show, we'll be dropping off the baby then right to the show. I know other board members are going, some not even local, should be fun!

Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:40 am

Anyone have a link to show info? I'd love to see Danzig again...

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:13 pm

http://www.congresschicago.com/event/48727/venue/

Congress theater friday oct 7 riot fest

Samhain
Danzig & Doyle (perform MISFITS)
Youth of Today
Macabre
Nachtmystium
The Infected

Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:51 pm

I was hoping to make the trip, but wasn't able to due to work.

Have fun and take some pics!

Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:43 am

It was pretty fun. My only gripe is how much Danzig complained (heat, shitty sound, mic set up.) Not that they were unwarranted but it's kinda like, we know, but we don't need to hear it and the more you complain the less show we get and the people running the Congress aren't gonna do anything until the shows over. He's so crotchety, but that's kind of the charm of Glenn.

I was up front until after the Samhain set. I saw him do the Misfits thing a few years back so I didn't need to get crushed for that set. For me it was ALL about Samhain anyway. My favorite band of his and I missed their original reunion (and original days since I was a wee lad when they were around in the 80's.) Though it was a short set, it was pretty fun. Glad he did "To Walk the Night" I didn't think that'd be one of the songs. I wish he did "Kiss of Steal", "The Howl", or "Macabre" but no big deal.

Fuck I love Samhain! I have the box, I used to have some of the colored vinyl. I'd like to see a re-release of their records on vinyl someday. Do a "vinyl box" which seem to have gotten pretty popular (Metallica and Slayer both did them.) Make it limited, have random colored vinyl, 180 gram, gatefold sleeves, inserts and posters. I'd buy 2.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:52 am

my friend Joseph went to this show. ill have to check in when he gets back and get the report.

i know my wife would love if they did a re-release with all of the extra goodies you mentioned. thanks for the review!

Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:51 pm

Whole show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN0Rc3vV25g
Post a reply