ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Chicago Underground
Post a reply

Re: Toy Karma 4

Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:26 pm

My god it lives!

Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:38 pm

not only does it live, but it's even painting agin!
will fucking wonders never cease?!?

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:09 pm

My wife and I will be in town Thursday morning. I've PMed some of you about possible plans but looking forward to standing in line again and bbq after.
See ya soon!

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:35 pm

first one I'll miss! so sad.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:51 pm

This will be the first time going to one of these shows for me. My wife is coming along and we plan on shopping around Chicago for the day. We live about 3 hours south of Chicago, but will hopefully be there for line tickets on time.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:31 am

I work. I'll probably swing by for the opening though. No overnight line for me though, too much going on. But I'm gonna swing in for sure. Hope the weather isn't as wet as they're saying it'll be.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:30 am

not planning on overnighting the line, but will show up early... anyone else? i'll bring some donuts and coffee...

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:23 am

will be there in the AM. Not sure how early though.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:30 am

no takers on the trade fest/white elephant idea? last one was a rowdy good time.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:05 am

i have a few things i could donate to that, bill.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:11 am

I'm gonna bring some crapola.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:38 am

trade fest at smoque?

Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:19 am

6:10 and i'm second in line... we as a group are starting to slack off too much.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:45 am

Hope somebody posts lotta pics!

Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:10 am

Did a full viewing if the gallery, posting up to instagram shortly... and I saw Bill taking tons of pics on a proper camera.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:06 pm

Wet, good times.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:40 pm

photos are up in my toy karma 4 set:

i'm missing all of rumble monsters and a couple of stragglers. please feel free to fill in the blanks.

the bbq & trade party was great. thanks to everyone for coming out and enduring the torrential downpour for a chance at grabbing some great toys in one of the most disorganized gifting parties ever. everyone was too generous. it'd be great to see what everyone went home with after it was all said and done.

kirby, mark and the gang put together another incredible show. the photos speak for themselves. it's hard to believe it's over already.

for the few of you that did not stick around for the humongous pretzels (plural) after tk4, you may still have your hearing but missed your only chance at chomping down two babies' weight in pillowy, hot, baked dough. with lumpy cheese sauce. even with the the eight of us, we had leftovers.

i hope all the out-of-towners made it back home safely. it's going to a long two years until the next gathering.

thanks, guys! the two-year wait begins anew.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:59 pm

Thanks, Chicago Brainers! Jacquie and I had a great time. Good people...good food...good toys...good times! Not even a little rain could not put a damper on the fun. Hope to be back before two years. In the meantime, if anyone is ever in Clevo, I'd like to return the kindness.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:09 am

Got back safe! Thanks for all the hospitality! " it's going to a long two years until the next gathering" not so sure I am gonna let this statement stand, after thinking about it regardless of scope/scale/etc. we are gonna have to throw something together for next year so expect PM's in the week to come once my brain and body recover a bit :twisted: also if you missed giant pretzels just go shoot yourself now, you don't have any reasons for living :lol:

Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:22 am

Sorry I missed it! But glad I was not tempted by that Dethra

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:22 am

vog_island wrote:Sorry I missed it! But glad I was not tempted by that Dethra

That deathra took a lot of will. Im glad with what I got, though. :)

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:39 am

gatiio wrote:
vog_island wrote:Sorry I missed it! But glad I was not tempted by that Dethra

That deathra took a lot of will. Im glad with what I got, though. :)

What did you get? If you don't mind me asking.

Unfortunately I was unable to attend, but I really wanted to. There were some great customs, but all of my favorites sold at the show so I didn't end up buying anything online that was at the show. I may make it into Rotofugi before the display gets taken down just so I can see all of the pieces in person.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:00 am

Anyone going to pick up toys this Friday? Wanna get a bite to eat or hang out, or something?

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:33 pm

I have tickets to Cyndi Lauper this Friday night. If you guys are out late, I can meet up with you after the show.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:46 pm

Im up for a beer. Send me a pm and let's coordinate.

Smilingidiot, you lucky bastard.
Post a reply