ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Chicago Underground
Post a reply

Internet Service Provider

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:17 pm

Any recommendations for an ISP for home office use?

I currently use comcast and I don't care for their service, they are always repairing something nearby and therefor I have no service during these outages.

Re: Internet Service Provider

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:31 pm

I dropped Comcast for RCN. Similar pricing/offers but their service has always been way better for me. I have only internet I thiiiink at 20mbs, no cable, and I'm happy with it for games/movies/internet dorkage.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:09 pm

i went with clear... i can't complain, they've been pretty good. nasty weather sometimes affects signal quality, and roscoe village
is just kind of bad for wireless in general, cell reception included (though it's gotten noticeably better lately).

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:31 pm

We switched from Comcast to AT&T uverse. I don't know how it compares to the other providers, but we get many more tv channels and just as fast of an Internet connection for a cheaper rate and less "outages."

I would say shop around and also talk to people in your neighborhood to see what they use as well.
Post a reply