ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Chicago Underground
Post a reply

Goblin and Secret Chiefs 3 Oct. 13

Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:17 am

Thinking about heading down and checking out the show. Anyone thinking of going?

Re: Goblin and Secret Chiefs 3 Oct. 13

Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:24 am

Holy crap!

Never had the pleasure of seeing Secret Chiefs 3, wanted to for years, and never figured I'd get the chance to check out Goblin!

Oct 1 Atlanta, GA @ The Loft
    Oct 3 Asheville, NC @ The Orange Peel
    Oct 4 Baltimore, MD @ Otto Bar
    Oct 5 Philadelphia, PA @ Underground Arts
    Oct 6 Brooklyn, NY @ The Music Hall of Williamsburg
    Oct 9 Boston, MA @ Sinclair
    Oct 10 Montreal, QC @ Le National
    Oct 11 Toronto, ON @ Opera House
    Oct 12 Pontiac, MI @ The Crofoot :D
    Oct 13 Chicago, IL @ Metro
    Oct 15 Denver, CO @ The Gothic Theatre
    Oct 18 Seattle, WA @ Neumos
    Oct 19 Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre
    Oct 20 San Francisco, CA @ The Regency Ballroom

Thanks for heads up!

Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:48 am

Oh, man! thanks for the heads up.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:56 pm

Bought my ticket Friday. Pretty excited.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:12 am

Such an awesome show. If you missed it then you missed out! Heard they're gonna do a repeat tour though due to selling out so many shows.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:29 am

Goblin were incredibly good but Secret Chiefs 3 completely MURDERED them! So great being in a sold out room and witnessing hundreds of people suddenly have a new favorite band.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:41 am

I enjoyed SC3 but can't say they blew me away. I also can't say honestly due to bias from being too psyched to see Goblin. I liked Goblin more. BUT, again, bias most likely. I love Bungle and Fantomas and other projects they're involved with and did REALLY like them. They also were in the crappy Mexican place across the street when I was there eating. Grabbing some of their albums now to fully take it in.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 am

man I wish I coulda caught this

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:46 am

Maybe they used up their last magic crystal the night before in Detroit :P

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:49 am

I was so stoked to see this, but had to pass due to exhaustion from coming home from NYCC and then spending hours trying to locate my missing luggage.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:30 am

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:Grabbing some of their albums now to fully take it in.

Jeff I'd recommend picking up Le Mani Destre Recise Degli Ultimi Uomini and Book M. I like all of there records but these two have always stood out.

BTW did they cover Carpenters Halloween at the show? I remember the crowd went nuts when they played it at the Doug Fir in Portland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCWfZ-DNJL0

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:54 am

They surely did. "Hey that's Halloween!" "No shit asshole" overhead in front of me hahahaha.

BTW, the tour EP is really good. I'm not into re-recordings usually, but the 4 songs done on it aren't falling TOO far from the originals, but enough the be a little punchier and more how they played them live. They're available online or in stores now I think too. Worth the $15.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:04 pm

Good info - will have to go this Friday!

Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:03 am

What I loved is you could see how pleased all the members were to sell out these US cities and get some rightfully earned recognition. They had great energy and enthusiasm and really played well. More than a lot of dudes half their age. Can't say enough good things about the show.

Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:09 am

Got my ticket for tomorrow!!! So fucking stoked!!
Post a reply