ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
For everyone living out there in the wilderness
Post a reply

Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:33 am

yes Martin was in.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:18 am

So are there any leftover Ojos for us non-locals?

Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:19 am

SkullStar wrote:So are there any leftover Ojos for us non-locals?

there was a waiting list bwana made if I understand. If no list, no way.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:34 am

Wow, those look awesome! Great job Martin! The Grasshut rules!

Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:06 pm

Every single one of those customs is out of this world -- Yutaka and Naoya being my favorites. Incredible shit, and it looks like the prices on some of them weren't too bad at all. Here's hoping to pick up the first release, at some point.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:24 pm

Me and my gf went, got there at 6 on the dot and left a little after martin showed up, he signed our ojos foot for us. What Im bummed about was, pretty much every single painting and custom was sold before 6. There were some killer paintings there, sucks most people didnt get a shot at them.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:03 pm

Mustard wrote:Me and my gf went, got there at 6 on the dot and left a little after martin showed up, he signed our ojos foot for us. What Im bummed about was, pretty much every single painting and custom was sold before 6. There were some killer paintings there, sucks most people didnt get a shot at them.

Look at it this way, at least you got one of the clear ones :D . I did not make the cut on the waitlist and I was under the impression that everything was first dibs to locals and had no idea that they were going to be online before the show until it was too late. All of it looked amazing and cheers to whoever scored any of it. Great show Martin!

Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:31 pm

I soooo wanted to pick up one of martins pieces, I just spent too much throughout the month on other things to afford one :cry: His lines are so clean, and his colors have so much POP to them, I dont understand how he does it. On another note, apak had this tiny little painting of ojo, with these little frogs offering him some sort of fruit, but the details were so unbelievably tiny, I cant imagine how it was done. I really wanna know what type of brush they used.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:27 pm

So how much did Mark Nagata's and Koji's customs go for? They were sold on Grass Hut's online shop? :?

Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:22 pm

dr_tongues_toys wrote:
BloodDrinker6969 wrote:Shit those HP Ojo's are AMAZING! All of them! Can't wait to see what this figure has in it's future for us "common" folk.

Funny thing about that - it appears the "common folk" on the Grass Hut Preorder list got first stab at the customs and painting bewfore the locals did and most if not all the offordable pieces were sold before the doors opened. On the other hand - the "locals" (don't surf on my beach!) got first crack at the clear Ojo's. So I guess it turned out to be semi fair for all.

Ah the Rainbones (?) society, I get it. That's sweet though, they pay extra to get first dibs.

Can't wait to see some production runs though, not into unpainted plain clear, needs some color to fully show off the sculpt.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:45 pm

mikeee wrote:So how much did Mark Nagata's and Koji's customs go for? They were sold on Grass Hut's online shop? :?

Most the customs ranged from 250-400 if I recall right. Most where 350

Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:58 pm

Wow... out of my range at the moment (broke). Congrats to those that scored one!

Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:15 pm

customs werent offered to rainbones.....at least I hope not, as Im a member, and certainly didnt get an email....

Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:26 pm

It was a list within a list. It wasn't automatic. You had to sign up to request to be on this limited preview list. I am not sure what the limit was on sign-ups, but at some point the sign-up list appeared to be full.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:49 pm

There were some very awesome customs. Very different in styles but all very killer. Hard to say which one was my favorite, but got luck and picked up the Le Merde one.

Hope all those that attended the event had a wonderful time.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:02 pm

hmatter wrote:There were some very awesome customs. Very different in styles but all very killer. Hard to say which one was my favorite, but got luck and picked up the Le Merde one.

Hope all those that attended the event had a wonderful time.

wow, the lemerde was nice, sk8 and sketch too. enjoy.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:49 pm

super77m wrote:It was a list within a list. It wasn't automatic. You had to sign up to request to be on this limited preview list. I am not sure what the limit was on sign-ups, but at some point the sign-up list appeared to be full.

VVIPs within VIPs. Regulars probably had a whole 1% to score the clear ones. :lol:

Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:01 pm

After the opening only 5 clear ojos were left :(
sorry, 4 :)

congrats to martin and grass hut for total awesomeness...

Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:49 pm

FYI- any local could and did have the opportunity to get on the preview/buyer list. An can still get on for next month er the month after n so-on. just send us an email.
next ojo release is at thrash out in April. I gots no idea what colors they will cook up just yet.
Thanks to all of you that made it out. I was still sick and needed to leave a little early, feeling much better now though eh.

dr_tongues_toys wrote:
BloodDrinker6969 wrote:Shit those HP Ojo's are AMAZING! All of them! Can't wait to see what this figure has in it's future for us "common" folk.

Funny thing about that - it appears the "common folk" on the Grass Hut Preorder list got first stab at the customs and painting bewfore the locals did and most if not all the offordable pieces were sold before the doors opened. On the other hand - the "locals" (don't surf on my beach!) got first crack at the clear Ojo's. So I guess it turned out to be semi fair for all.

Martins HP was my fave - Ojo Stardust (last picture all the way to the left).

Jo - I left about 6:40 - I had to get home to the pups! Sorry I missed you. Maybe NWB's can meet at the next Grass Hut show soon!

Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:58 pm

Fig Belly wrote:next ojo release is at thrash out in April.

Sweet! Will Grass Hut be getting some in? Do I have to get on "the list", or can I walk into the store to pick one up?

Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:12 pm

This was my first custom I've painted. Really enjoyed it. All the work was outstanding. See close-ups of mine here! Big thanks to Martin for the invite.

http://flickr.com/photos/arbito/2240107893/

Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:22 pm

arbito wrote:This was my first custom I've painted. Really enjoyed it. All the work was outstanding. See close-ups of mine here! Big thanks to Martin for the invite.

I saw it, very nice work.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:51 pm

Demonic Captain America, or at least that is what I see. Nice!

Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:13 pm

arbito wrote:This was my first custom I've painted. Really enjoyed it. All the work was outstanding. See close-ups of mine here! Big thanks to Martin for the invite.

the bb's are really cool
i picked this up from etsy. can't wait to get it in hand

Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:27 pm

pickleloaf wrote:

the bb's are really cool
i picked this up from etsy. can't wait to get it in hand

Pickleloaf you rock! Thanks for purchasing my figure. I put lots of love into that lil' guy. You may be a happy to know my cut on my sold pieces are going straight to Martin. Go Martin!
Post a reply