ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
For everyone living out there in the wilderness
Post a reply

Re: The Dream of the 90's is Alive in Portland

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:34 pm

nanite wrote:

That's pretty much any of the Portland suburbs. :D Or suburbs anywhere really.

Yup, pretty much!

nanite wrote:
toybotstudios wrote:i had no idea there was a city in WA named Vancouver. That must be confusing

Bad enough when I'm anywhere outside the NW, and say I'm from Washington.
"Oh, DC!"
"No, State.

OMG, I hate it that DC is referred to as "Washington". Washington is a STATE! If you mean the capital of the US then say "dee cee"! And it extra bothers me when a respectable institution such as NPR does this. :evil: (I suppose I could have posted this in the "pet peeves" thread.)

Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:19 pm

So are there any other places in the PDX area I should be lurking for sofubi? I know there are several stores on Hawthorne that I need to get back to, but can't recall their names.

Also, anyone know the story on Just Be Toys morphing into Compound years back? I miss the old Just Be.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:45 am

nanite wrote:So are there any other places in the PDX area I should be lurking for sofubi? I know there are several stores on Hawthorne that I need to get back to, but can't recall their names.

Also, anyone know the story on Just Be Toys morphing into Compound years back? I miss the old Just Be.

Not that I'm aware of. With Dr. Tongue not being around anymore the only toy store worth checking out is Billy Galaxy. Missing Link is garbage.
I haven't been to Just Be/Compound in years. Even when I would go it was to check out the gallery more than the toys.
I've been wondering if there are any stores that sell Bandai/Gundam stuff, but so far haven't found any.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:57 am

personally, I think Billy Galaxy is one of the best toy gems left in the US.

Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:04 pm

toybotstudios wrote:personally, I think Billy Galaxy is one of the best toy gems left in the US.

It is wonderful, though Billy is mad at me because I tried to talk him down on Battle Beast prices. :(
Post a reply