ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
For everyone living out there in the wilderness
Post a reply

Re: Tabernak! Où sont les Canadiens?

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:30 pm

What, I missed it also :P

Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:24 am

Well my BBQ conveniently went 'missing' when they were doing construction behind my place, by I do have a little deck/yard area if someone wanted to bring over a small hibachi or something.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:27 pm

I just spent 3 hours at the mural fest - the place is packed :shock:

The art is amazing, I'm going back tomorrow with the kids !

http://vimeo.com/68403870
http://muralfestival.com/?lang=en

Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:39 pm

^ where are the murals?

Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:44 pm

Come on Bill, MuralFest is all about the shopping. Everyone knows that.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:54 pm

And eating, I had 3 meals this afternoon :mrgreen:
Ultra999 wrote:^ where are the murals?

I'm gonna do a flickr recap over the weekend.
Last edited by nefasth on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:58 pm

No kidding. Thankfully you can at least get some street food at events like these (until they finally open it up for more licenses). Plus, so many great eateries on the Plateau.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:00 pm

what was i thinking. of course! :D

Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:26 pm

ye, many nice murals.
mural fest just happens to be taking place at the same time as the st-laurent street sale
and most of the murals are off the main.
i met other last night, along with other painters.
this is the first of two street sales on st-laurent for the summer and mural fest in conjunction with the street sale is really making a difference, especially around sundown.
good enough vibes, food, alcho, kids, music.. until 3 am

looking forward to your pics nefasth

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:30 pm

Small peak for you Bill (but no murals :twisted: )

ImageImageImage

Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:09 pm

It was a beautiful day for touring the main. Nice breeze kept it fairly cool, and I was very pleasantly surprised to see Schwartz's had an outdoor seating area. :) I was kind of hoping they would have Mont Royal closed off too.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:34 pm

what is that man cooking? whatever it is i want some. smells good all the way down here.

i see no sign of a hint of even a sliver of an edge of a mural. it's like that cleese cheese shop, completely devoid of cheese.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:40 pm

Im guessing that's paella just because of the shrimp.

Festivals are so much fun. We have some many over here, there is not enough summer to do it all.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Yeah, that's yummy paella !
I'm done posting stuff of the "Off festival" - Murals soon :D

Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:09 am

Have you guys seen this? Pretty bananas, but then, not all that surprising either. It looks like it was outside La Vieille Europe, and apparently was a response so to a noise complaint about the music being too loud. Hm.

Obviously resisting is not the way to go (and he gets quite upset later), but seems like they could have solved this in a more proficient manner.

Look, the police have to deal with a lot of shit, and really respect the crap job a lot of them have to do, and I don't know the background story here if there is one, but it is not the first case of them taking a heavy handed approach when it really seems unnecessary.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Because it is a long weekend, and everyone needs to get away from it all every once in a while (even from the great city of Montreal).

great cover song

Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:47 am

Happy 146th to this great nation of ours.

The Performer

Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:46 am

I'll be in Mtl on the 26th. Anyone around?

Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:38 am

The situation in Lac Megantic is really fucked up. The train was heading toward Maine without a conductor at that point :shock:

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:07 am

Totally fucked. From reports an entire section of the downtown is just gone. Hoping for the best that can be expected from such an event.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:59 am

Wow, what happened ?

Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:38 am

There is a free outdoor screening of Jaws at Parc Jean-Drapeau on Wednesday, if anyone is interested (show starts at sunset). For myself, I am counting down the days until Fantasia. The have finally offered a comprehensive pass, but I don't have the 250 bones to shell out on that. It is also only good for two theatres and doesn't give you advance admission. Dammit all, the press/promotional one is still the way to go, need to find a way to get my hands on one of them.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Oh Georges, you never cease to bring a smile to my face. :)

Geroges Laraque to run for Green Party in Federal by-election

Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:11 pm

this saturday
free outdoor screening of goldorak
dj's & bbq
http://www.fantasiafestival.com/2013/fr/films-et-horaire/fantasia-a-la-belle-etoile

Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:40 am

French version? :P So I am not clear, is the show taking place at 2100, after the 'DJing' or during? I also just noticed that they moved venue this year back to the Imperial. Going to kind of miss the routine of lining up outside the Hall building, but I of bigger concern is that I now can't just run across the street to catch another screening at the A. de. Seve - my back-to-back viewing schedule is going to need some adjustment.
Post a reply