ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
For everyone living out there in the wilderness
Post a reply

Hey North Carolina!

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:43 pm

I moved to Asheville a few months ago, anyone up in this area?

Re: Hey North Carolina!

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:56 pm

I'm in Durham. If your ever in the area hit me up.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:25 pm

I am in Fayetteville now, and for the past 5 years or so. Would kill a man to be back in ol' dirty Duham! Unfortunately I can't make the money there that I make here... So Fayettenam for the foreseeable future. Sigh...

Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:17 am

You guys should start a fight club

Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:20 am

We sure are spread out up here.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:01 am

I live in the ATL but was raised in NC.

Misterdroid: I grew up in Wilson and feel your pain. Fayettenam is rough.

Geekabilly: I am in Asheville twice a year at least. Lived in Candler 2009-2010. Let's get hammered and talk toys sometime.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:25 am

Grew up in Oxon Hill MD, now we call NC home. I'm up in Kernersville.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:56 am

i'm on cary
probably moving to durham soon

Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:44 am

It would be cool to have a trading party in eastern cackalack sometime. I am all over the place for work, I could probably make it.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Michael Beverage wrote:Misterdroid: I grew up in Wilson and feel your pain. Fayettenam is rough.

Last summer we caught a storm and had to spend a night in Fayetteville. Ouch.
The people we super nice though and we took the opportunity to fill up on Cheerwine at Food Lion :D

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:54 pm

Yeah, Fayetteville sucks. It is the polar opposite of places like Durham and Ashville. Those places have culture... Arts, restaurants, music, stores worth visiting. Diversity and tolerance. Down here we got the army. And things meant to entertain 18 to 22 year old guys from Podunk towns all over the USA. So mostly titty bars and big box stores. And chain restaurants.
We usually try to get up to Durham once a month or so. Go to Chaz's to buy records, SciFi Genre for my gaming needs... Cosmic for the burritos... God I miss Durham!

I would definitely be down for any kind of meetup. I have noticed that Pickleloaf lives in Cary. I was at the Rleigh Flea Market this past Sunday. I was wishing I had your contact info so I could try and shake loose a couple of the Semi Ningen and Dada figures you had on your last sales list (which has disappeared).

Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:15 pm

Let's do a meet up some time or pick one of the comic shows to meet up at.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:08 am

I'm out here in Athens, GA.
We just had FLUKE happen out here.
It's our annual independent comics fest.

Are any of you guys going to Dragoncon?

There's a good possibility I'll be out there.
Toy Nerds Unite.
Post a reply