ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
For everyone living out there in the wilderness
Post a reply

Re: Possible Canada Trip

Fri May 13, 2016 9:58 am

Good stuff John, glad to hear it. Where are you headed (you have to let us all know so we can s̶t̶a̶l̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ give some recommendations. Enjoy the trip!

Mon May 16, 2016 8:30 am

:lol:

Quebec City and Montreal this (first) time around. I was hoping for the oil sands of Alberta, but the wife wanted to see castles and churches... :roll:

Mon May 16, 2016 9:13 am

Castles, There's only one in the province :P

Mon May 16, 2016 9:26 am

^ and it looks like this. It could be our rendez-vous point !

Mon May 16, 2016 9:34 am

Hahaha, that's what I was thinking. :P

Hope you are setting her up for some realistic expectations, John. While me might have 'Royal' in the name, we generally only use one form of cutlery, and then typically only in situations out of necessity, e.g.

:P

Mon May 16, 2016 10:41 am

Related, this might be helpful to embrace the culture

.... or not at all.

[For anyone who doesn't realise it, this is absolutely satire. Vive le Québec! ]

Mon May 16, 2016 12:07 pm

666doll wrote::lol:

Quebec City and Montreal this (first) time around. I was hoping for the oil sands of Alberta, but the wife wanted to see castles and churches... :roll:

ha ha, I think your wife made a good choice. (sorry Alberta)
If your a beer guy, Quebec has a load of world class breweries. Most European/Belgian style.
When are you there? If your an electronic music guy try to make it past Mutek.

Another Canadian adventure that I love is heading into the whiteshell. Great hiking, lakes, interesting prehistoric petroform sites, black flies, mosquito... anyway, I love it!

Wed May 18, 2016 9:47 am

We'll be out that way at the end of July, into Aug. Only about a week or so. Hopefully enough time to see both QC and Montreal. You know, in case Trump wins and all. We'll need a safe haven for at least four years.
Post a reply