ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 2:25 am

I am in your city and it is wonderful. 
Comment King

Post I am in your city and it is wonderful.
Also, I need to pick something up for my wife, who is having a birthday next week...any suggestions on where to shop for unique (yet not super expensive) clothing or jewelry?

Looks like I am going to have some free time Friday afternoon and will most likely incorporate a visit to S7 in my plans, but a toy probably won't cut it for her (but will be awesome for me!).

Thanks!
Scott

Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:50 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

Post Re: I am in your city and it is wonderful.
san francisco is beautiful. visited two times in june, and enjoyed everyday. never ran out of things to do and the photography opportunities are endless.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

scottygee wrote:
Also, I need to pick something up for my wife, who is having a birthday next week...any suggestions on where to shop for unique (yet not super expensive) clothing or jewelry?

Looks like I am going to have some free time Friday afternoon and will most likely incorporate a visit to S7 in my plans, but a toy probably won't cut it for her (but will be awesome for me!).

Thanks!
Scott

Valencia Street between 16th and 23rd St. plenty of hip, young boutiques etc. Paxton Gate is my favorite as they sell exotic plants, artifacts, books, and taxidermy.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:10 am
Side Dealer

Paxton Gate is still open? Are they selling taxidermied mice in for wedding cake toppers still?

Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:22 am
Comment King

Thanks! I may get over to Valencia to check that out...Paxton Gate looks like it has some interesting stuff...not quite certain that a bat skeleton is just what the missus wants for her birthday, but might find something else around there that would do the trick!

Scott

Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:23 am
Profile WWW
Prototype

"Upper" Haight Street between Masonic and Stanyan has lots of boutique-y clothing and jewelry shops. It gets crowded on the sidewalks on weekends but it's a good place to visit at least once.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:48 am
Addicted

uberboy wrote:
Valencia Street between 16th and 23rd St. plenty of hip, young boutiques etc. Paxton Gate is my favorite as they sell exotic plants, artifacts, books, and taxidermy.

Right next door to Paxton Gate, in the space with the pirate store & writing workshop (and an amazing Chris Ware mural) is where Baikin's own Howling Bull used to be.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:11 am
Comment King

Dean wrote:
"Upper" Haight Street between Masonic and Stanyan has lots of boutique-y clothing and jewelry shops. It gets crowded on the sidewalks on weekends but it's a good place to visit at least once.

was gonna suggest that as well, if you hate tourists like i don i would probably not advise union square, although if you are ballin they have LV and coach and all those other, overly price italian companies, up there

flickr

Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:01 am
Profile WWW