ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Bay Area Skull Krew
Post a reply

Storming!

Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:29 pm

Goodness, it is blustering out there! Winter is here with a vengeance. Almost shifted lanes involuntarily while commuting on the San Mateo bridge! :shock: Be careful of falling trees and branches too!

Re: Storming!

Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:33 pm

Yea, it's crazy outside.
Dreading the drive home later.

Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:45 pm

Looks like a hurricane in my area. The rain is pouring hard.

Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Only two weeks ago working outside was something I could brag about and those I told were almost envious. Today, not so much. :(

Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:53 pm

Two soaking wet boxes left in our closed patio! :evil:

Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:12 pm

Yikes.
I was in Japan last week when the typhoon went through. It was bizarre seeing all the trains off schedule.

Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:08 pm

bryce_r wrote:Yikes.
I was in Japan last week when the typhoon went through. It was bizarre seeing all the trains off schedule.

actually weather reports mentioned that this weather is a result of that typhoon

Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:24 pm

http://www.sfgate.com/weather/rainfall.shtml

The Santa Cruz mountains (see Mount Umunhum) has had 10.98 inches of rain within the last 24 hours! :shock:

Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:00 pm

i was driving all around the Bay Area today in this soup. Couldn't hardly see at all!

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:15 pm

Damn, it's seriously pouring...

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:20 pm

stopped raining

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:10 pm

Now it's down here. This is what we call a "Hawaii car wash."

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:44 pm

akum6n wrote:Now it's down here. This is what we call a "Hawaii car wash."

yes...if it wasn't for the rain, my car would have stayed dirty.

Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:12 am

Lucky. You guys have clean rain.
Over here in the Valley of the Dirt People, the rain just puts more dirt on my car.
:lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:38 pm

I. Hate. Rain.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:50 pm

The sun is out in Los Gatos! Let's see how long this lasts.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:25 pm

Gotta love it - we need a few days of bad weather to at least keep us humble
Last edited by Autopsy on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:39 pm

:lol:

you guys complain about rain...so funny.

try 2 feet of snow over the course of a day or two and let me know how much you like rain :lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:42 pm

atease wrote::lol:

try 2 feet of snow over the course of a day or two and let me know how much you like rain :lol:

what is snow? please educate me. i can't imagine anything worse than the rain we get here. this rain makes me want to move to somewhere with good weather

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:45 pm

rhinomilk wrote:

what is snow? please educate me. i can't imagine anything worse than the rain we get here. this rain makes me want to move to somewhere with good weather

Doesn't LA have good weather?
Oh wait, they just had a tornado warning! :lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:51 pm

It's strange how the storm is really heavy in the am then virtually stops by about 2 everyday. It was hailing down in San Jose.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Santa Clara county just had a tornado warning...

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:53 pm

Joe wrote:
rhinomilk wrote:

Doesn't LA have good weather?
Oh wait, they just had a tornado warning! :lol:

Guess we did too!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:59 pm

bryce_r wrote:It's strange how the storm is really heavy in the am then virtually stops by about 2 everyday. It was hailing down in San Jose.

it's been crazy the last two nights/early mornings. i've been giving myself a crash course in html the last two days, so have been up late.

the wind and rain were relentless both nights here in shallow alto. the majority of stanford campus had no electricity from 5:30am to 9:30am on tuesday morning. i saw the results of four slow speed crashes on camino real in the last couple of days. in my four years of CA residency, it seems that many californians just cannot drive competently in the rain. it's easy slow down in curves; slow down in general.

I find crazy thunderstorms to be inspirational. I made a Rainy Day theme for my blog in honor of the rain.

check it out and let me know what you think. link is in my signature

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:23 am

Post a reply