ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Bay Area Skull Krew
Post a reply

Re: Storming!

Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:54 am

Hmmm! It's been 5 years since my original post, and they say the incoming storm is going to be the biggest in 5 years :shock:

Camping out at the office, so I don't have to spend +1.5 hrs on the freeways (traffic has been awful lately! :x ). They've closed some schools and even offices for today. Looks like SF is already getting some rain. It's just gusty here, but the wet stuff is on it's way.

Be careful out there! Keep your flashlights and hand-crank emergency radios closeby. There might be power outages. Stay safe everyone!

Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:07 am

Im down in San Jose, no rain yet but the wind has picked up. A lot of sirens already since early this morning, wish we could all just stay inside! Hope everyone has safe travels to their destinations today.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:19 am

Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:16 pm

Well you guys and gals need the rainy- badly. I would not hang near any sloped hilly areas though. Btw drought and wildfires your area is ripe for mass wasting once saturation sets in.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:24 pm

Power outages, flooded roads, and just yucky to drive in. Freeways are eerily quiet though! :) I think everyone was given the option of going into work or not, so traffic was light. A friend posted a photo of a flooded road in San Bruno! :shock:
Makes me a bit nervous thinking people are driving on it and through it. Wouldn't want to have your car die in the middle of that!

Dean, love the GG Bridge and Godzilla photo--it would be nice to have him as a mascot for sure! :wink:

P.S. Here are some water reservoir info, just in case you are keeping track...

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp ... ain.action

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/jspplot/jspPlo ... =&cookies=

Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:54 am

Bigger storms have hit this area in my lifetime but I don't remember ever hearing about San Bruno or other peninsula cities flooding quite like that. Kinda shocking.

I've been lucky ... power outages missed my street by about two blocks, otherwise hitting most of my SF district. I was surprised to see most of the Financial District lose power early on into the rain yesterday.

Thank you for the reservoir links.

Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:28 pm

I bought my car from that place a couple months ago. I'm pretty happy with what I got :)
Post a reply