ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Bay Area Skull Krew
Post a reply

Re: Winter's almost over.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:52 am

yeah, last night was kinda crazy. lightning with thunder so loud that it shook some toys off the shelf. :shock:

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:57 am

driving through that rain reminded me of being back home in the stormy weather...but no 100mph winds.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Yeah, the thunder set off car alarms in my neighborhood and some of the louder rumbles shook our house and frightened the puppies.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:53 pm

I was unexpectedly hospitalized the night of the big storm. I had no expectation of such weather. It was quite the thing being a bit in shock and spending a night in a hospital room for the first time in my life while arc light and thunder raged outside. I ended up in that room for eight days, just got out today. I kinda wish there had been more super-dramatic weather because being cooped up in a climate-controlled room with nothing to do is a DRAG. More lightning, please.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:05 pm

glad to hear you're better Dean. take care of yourself.

wacky weather.... it's like Indian Summer. so nice today.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:47 pm

I miss the lightning and thunder of the midwest..we dont have any in portland.
Didnt know you guys in sf got it.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:55 pm

^ The lightning and thunder in SF(or anywhere in CA) is nothing compared to the midwest. When I was in Kansas City I'd open my window blinds and have an amazing light show.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:44 pm

Dean, hope you are feeling better. It must have been an eerie experience that night! The worst thing about being sick is that you can't have fun, especially if you are in hospital prison :x . Sending you a BIG bowl of nabeyaki udon!

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:22 am

Thank you folks, I'm hanging in there ... it's good to be back home, and man, does that udon look good! :D

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Woah, Dean! Rest up & take care. Hope to see you soon.

Sun May 06, 2012 8:31 am

I'm glad winter's over but my allergies are killing me.

Tue May 08, 2012 2:32 pm

^^^Try Allegra, the full 180 mg strength. It won't make you drowsy, and that's what my allergist prescribed in the past. Now it's over-the-counter and available without prescription! Then add Chlorphenamine (another OTC) for drying effects :wink:

Wed May 09, 2012 9:22 am

I've found that Zyrtec works the best for me. Never tried 180mg Allegra though, sounds strong. If you're still taking Claritin for allergies, eff that.

Wed May 09, 2012 12:55 pm

^^^Yes, Allegra at full 180mg strength is strong, but it's available in 30mg and 60mg tablets, so you can control the dosage depending on your level of allergies. It's a bit expensive, but a generic version was recently made available and is also known as fexofenadine hydrochloride. I'm allergic to everything (according to my allergy tests :roll: ), and it's the only thing that really seems to work. More info:

http://allergies.emedtv.com/allegra/gen ... legra.html
http://www.drugs.com/allegra.html

My allergist wanted me to give up my kittehs... like that's going to happen! :roll:

Sun May 27, 2012 6:55 pm

I bought both and zyrtec seems to work well...at least today.

Mon May 28, 2012 3:59 am

im a zyrtec man through and through- zicam gooey q tip things when its really bad.
Post a reply