ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Bay Area Skull Krew
Post a reply

Star Wars Day at the Giants Game

Sat May 21, 2011 12:17 am

I know there are some Star Wars fans here. Check it out: http://mlb.mlb.com/sf/ticketing/group_s ... p#starwars

You get a Giants game and then they're showing Empire Strikes Back afterward. I think it would be fun if we had a group. Jan and I are going. Who's in?

Re: Star Wars Day at the Giants Game

Thu May 26, 2011 9:49 am

That sounds awesome! It also says theres a speical starwars theme giants givaway, hopefully a vader figure with an orange body and a light saber bat!

Thu May 26, 2011 9:52 am

I think this would be so much fun! I gotta check if Im available

Thu May 26, 2011 10:37 am

Oh I'm totally down for this.
Wonder if we can get enough people for a group discount.

Sat May 28, 2011 5:47 pm

Now, that would be awesome. Jan and I are planning to go. If we weren't slackers, we'd already have our tix. lol

Joe wrote:Oh I'm totally down for this.

Sun May 29, 2011 11:51 am

il_muffino wrote:Now, that would be awesome. Jan and I are planning to go. If we weren't slackers, we'd already have our tix. lol

Joe wrote:Oh I'm totally down for this.

I haven't spoken to her, but Shannon and I are in. Let's get this going.

Sun May 29, 2011 5:54 pm

Damn, it looks like 25 minimum for a group.
How should we do this?
Looks like tickets break down to this:
Select a Price Level (all amounts in USD)
$63.00 Club Outfield
$50.00 Lower Box
$40.00 Club Left Field
$38.00 Low Box Left Field
$30.00 Bleachers (Rows 1-25)
$28.00 View Reserve Infield
$30.00 Bleachers (Rows 26+)

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:53 pm

I'm not certain, but I don't think they allow group discounts for something like this. As I understand it, it's already a special price since you're getting the game, the movie and the special Star Wars collectible. Couldn't hurt to ask, though.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:39 pm

damn, what's the special collectible going to be? Black and Orange R2-D2?

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Could be a bobblehead of some sort.
Is anyone going?

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:23 pm

My girlfriend and I have our tix already.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:29 pm

cool! where are your seats?

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:40 am

The tickets aren't in front of me right now, but we got some nice nose bleed seats in section 320 if I'm remembering correctly. Actually, we sat in section 305 just a couple of days ago and those turned out to be great seats. It's a pretty great park and it's tough to get a really bad seat there.

justin wrote:cool! where are your seats?

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:00 pm

They finally posted info about the "special STAR WARS/Giants collectible item". Check it out:

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/sf/t ... arwars.jsp

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Oh damn! That's pretty fucking awesome.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:19 pm

very cool....

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:29 pm

I was expecting Darth Vader in a Giants uniform bobble head. This is 10 times cooler for sure.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:36 pm

I agree, this is way cooler than any bobble head. I would love to go just to see a screening of Empire (provided it is not the SE of course :? )

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Hmmm... I never even considered that it might be the Special Edition. :|

ultrakaiju wrote:I agree, this is way cooler than any bobble head. I would love to go just to see a screening of Empire (provided it is not the SE of course :? )

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:05 pm

It is pretty hilarious.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:10 am

I went to something like this in July for the minor league team here Buffalo Bisons. It was actually fun. They passed out lightsabers, and had a interactive movie they made with the mascots shown between innings. After the game they had the conclusion of the movie (Star Wars) reenacted live on the field with a huge lightsaber battle, ending in fireworks. Best part was when Darth Vader sung "Take Me Out To The Ballpark" during the 7th inning stretch. Also the players wore special Star Wars uniforms, and when they announced them at bat they had a Star Wars character on the big screen who would speak- AKA Chewie would moan.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:14 pm

I expect this Giants/Star Wars deal to be pretty fun, but nothing quite compares to the fun/silliness one can experience at a minor league park.

Lixx wrote:I went to something like this in July for the minor league team here Buffalo Bisons. It was actually fun. They passed out lightsabers, and had a interactive movie they made with the mascots shown between innings. After the game they had the conclusion of the movie (Star Wars) reenacted live on the field with a huge lightsaber battle, ending in fireworks. Best part was when Darth Vader sung "Take Me Out To The Ballpark" during the 7th inning stretch. Also the players wore special Star Wars uniforms, and when they announced them at bat they had a Star Wars character on the big screen who would speak- AKA Chewie would moan.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:19 am

So I saw some great pics of this over at io9

http://io9.com/5837392/the-empire-takes-over-star-wars-day-at-att-park-in-san-francisco

Looks like a great time and a lot of fun. Despite my ire for Lucas, thankfully Empire was disturbed the least out of the series. Did anybody here end up going?

Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:43 am

The Force can't help them make the Play-Offs :lol:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:36 am

living dead wrote:The Force can't help them make the Play-Offs :lol:

Post a reply