ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Bay Area Skull Krew
Post a reply

Re: 49ers Appreciation Thread

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:06 pm

It was a great year for them but Alex Smith was terrible this game. I think the experience will help them next year.

Anyway...overall I felt that both teams didn't play that well.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Joe wrote:Congrats to the Giants

Does anyone need further proof that BASK is the klassiest of krews? 8)

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:31 pm

Joe wrote:Congrats to the Giants. Indeed a crazy game.
Kyle Williams though. Urgh. He redeemed himself on the muffed punt with the next return to set it up for a TD drive.
But definitely congrats to Harbaugh and the whole coaching staff making things fun again for being a 49ers fan.
Can't wait for next year!!!

Thanks joe. like i said even though we won theres nothing to be mad at. you guys played an amazing game and you can't say enough about the season you guys had. Unfortunately there's not a giants or general football thread so it has to go here. But have to admit manning took so many hits.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:06 am

i would not want to be Kyle Williams or Billy Cundiff right now.

but yeah, It looked like Alex Smith couldn't get into any decent groove tonight. so sad.

evil eye

So this comment on the Examiner right after he was drafted is creepy...

“Get ready to have your hearts in your throat whenever Williams is on the field, Niner fans. This dude is so unpredictable and takes crazy chances with the ball. He lacks concentration and drops and fumbles more passes and punt returns in important situations than anyone I’ve ever seen. In fact his very last play of his ASU career was a fumbled punt return in the biggest game of the year vs our rival Univ of AZ. The score was tied just a minute or so on the clock. U of A was punting. Everyone’s thinking o.t.. All he had to do was catch the ball and take a knee or run it a few yards. But no, he wanted to be a hero and already had his mind running up the field before he even caught the ball. It went right through his hands, bounced off his leg and U of A recovered it. They went on to score a FG. Game & season over! Fans left stunned! Williams is very inconsistent. It doesn’t matter if he runs a 4 flat you got to have the ball in your hands first! He can go from hero to zero in 4.3 too.”

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:44 am

fuck. they should have won. it compares to the feelings I had after dusty baker gave russ ortiz the game ball and a pat on the ass during the '02 WS. Manning did a good job while getting the shit knocked out of him the whole game.

I guess williams will not be fielding kicks anymore.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:48 am

fun season. :lol: at that evil eye.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:04 am

:lol: that evil eye is classic. When the ravens game ended all I could think was, if I was cundiff I would wait till everyone left the locker room before I went in to get dressed.

Can not hate though, threw the week all I said was, this is gonna be our toughest game in the post season(Niners and Giants). That's exactly how it turned out. We were no match for they're defensive line. Manning looked like he had been raped by bears every time he got up off the floor from a sack. Harbaugh definitely altered this team. Tough as nails.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:00 am

I don't think Alex had a completely horrible game. Looks worse when manning had more yards and a bigger effect on the game. But manning also had more incompletions than Alex had attempts. The number of plays giants ran compared to sf was pretty one sided. The d played as good a second half as they could have. I'd take the niners front 4 (aldon included) over any in the league. Even over the giants, cause sf has more complete players not just pass rushers. if they can draft or sign a true #1 receiver they'll be top 5-6 team for years to come.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:18 am

Dikasaur wrote:Manning looked like he had been raped by bears every time he got up off the floor from a sack.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:28 am

Joe wrote:
Dikasaur wrote:Manning looked like he had been raped by bears every time he got up off the floor from a sack.

there was one funny moment when he got up from the sack and his shoulder pad was out, his helmet was all cockeyed, and his chin strap was in his mouth...

BUT, he got up and knew to call time out...most qbs get sacked six times they don't know what's going on.

a defensive game comes down to turnovers...so maybe people shouldn't have been crowing so much about how few turnovers SF had during the regular season, eh?

once you go into OT, it's a coin toss...so no one can be too happy or sad about the outcome. all I know is the second half was really, really nerve wracking to watch!!!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:46 pm

m3kcomp wrote:
Joe wrote:

there was one funny moment when he got up from the sack and his shoulder pad was out, his helmet was all cockeyed, and his chin strap was in his mouth...

BUT, he got up and knew to call time out...most qbs get sacked six times they don't know what's going on.

a defensive game comes down to turnovers...so maybe people shouldn't have been crowing so much about how few turnovers SF had during the regular season, eh?

once you go into OT, it's a coin toss...so no one can be too happy or sad about the outcome. all I know is the second half was really, really nerve wracking to watch!!!

:lol: :lol: that's the sack I was speaking of. I usually record the games to watch over the off season but my DVR was full. I wish I would've caught that.

But yea they did do a great job protecting the ball. I heard some people stating that, the Bradshaw incident was a fumble. I didn't see that, he was moving backward with three men on him. don't see how that was a fumble.

But like I said you have to give SF credit. I was hoping to get in my friends face for cheering for the Niners. But it's one of those games where they deserved it as much as we did. They do some adjustments to that offense and there gonna be unstoppable.
But you have to admit, this was an ironic game. being on the east coast I can't keep taps on SF but I did notice they preyed on turnovers and special teams were there main bread winner. Well what a turn of events.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:55 pm

i watched Smith throw the ball away, and then smile... he wasnt even getting pressured as much as Manning was, yet he was throwing the damn ball away.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:16 pm

:( :( :(

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:48 am

sorry.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i don't even play skyrim, but the memes crack me up.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:10 pm

I luv u

Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:32 pm

I was rooting for the 49ers, but I can't believe they pulled that off. They looked doomed in the first half. The officiating was horrendous at the end with some of those calls (both ways). Alex Smith must really hate life right now (I feel bad for the guy).

Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:08 pm

Lixx wrote:I was rooting for the 49ers, but I can't believe they pulled that off. They looked doomed in the first half. The officiating was horrendous at the end with some of those calls (both ways). Alex Smith must really hate life right now (I feel bad for the guy).

waste of a first round pick....

Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:34 pm

I also thought they were done for after the first quarter. Very entertaining.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:11 pm

All the playoff games have been good. So glade the 9ers are in it. I really wanted the Broncos, but Im stoked on the Harbowl!

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:15 pm

The Ravens always play the '9ers really tough, so I expect it to be a closely contested Superbowl. But I hope the '9ers pull out a win and send Ray Lewis packing without a final Superbowl ring.
Looking for Kaepernick, Gore and James each to contribute big time! I think that's the key- if these three can move the ball on the ground, the passing will follow.
Go 9ers!!!

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:20 pm

This camel predicts ravens. :lol:

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2013/0 ... baltimore/

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:45 pm

Hahaha. The headline says it all. Stupid Camel. :evil: :lol:

Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:17 pm

Terrible game so far. Bleh