ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Bay Area Skull Krew
Post a reply

Re: 49ers Appreciation Thread

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Such a painful loss. But, thanks to the Niners for a great season anyway.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:47 pm

melek_taus wrote:Such a painful loss. But, thanks to the Niners for a great season anyway.

Agreed. I wish the first half could be redone. It's heartbreaking. I'm still kind of shocked that the Ravens made it to the sb and actually won...

Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:01 pm

Goodbye Candlestick... (for now)

if St Louis happens to beat Seattle. We get home field for the playoffs :D

Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:08 pm

eckotyper wrote:Goodbye Candlestick... (for now)

That's if you beat the Cardinals which I don't think that will be the case the way Cardinals are playing :lol:

Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:09 pm

Ha! Not only did the 9ers beat Arizona- we beat the "Pack" too. 7 in a row baby!
Kaepernick maning up and showing his disdain for all the hype over the "frozen tundra". Doing it sleeveless and without gloves. Now what?

Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:30 pm

dago wrote:
eckotyper wrote:Goodbye Candlestick... (for now)

That's if you beat the Cardinals which I don't think that will be the case the way Cardinals are playing :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:20 pm

Haha it was a close game though, either team could have won :D
Let's see how far niners can go now.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:39 pm

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/01/12/fearing-49ers-fans-seahawks-ban-nfc-championsip-ticket-sales-to-californians/
sue for discrimination?

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:05 am

My phone won't open the link. But I am assuming that it leads to the story about Seattle excluding sales of Championship game tickets to California residents.

This sends one message to me. That Seattle is so worried about the Niners coming to town that they are going to great lengths to preserve their precious "12th man" advantage. Seems kinda petty to me. Lol. They know that, no matter what, the Seattle fans will be louder than the few Niners fans that would travel up to Seattle. But they have to make sure of it by excluding California fans. Sets a dangerous precedent. Are we to expect all home teams in Championship games to take similar steps in the future? Isn't this kinda bad for business, as far as the NFL is concerned?

Laughable and weak.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:19 am

They are scared since Seattle isn't really That far away... They dont want SF fans to make the Trek over state lines to put a damper in that "12th" man... I find it funny. at the same time, we are prepared for war.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:39 pm

All's I can say is ouch. :shock:

Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:18 pm

No good enough, till next season, here we come Cardinals!

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:05 am

Ha poor play calling. No sugar coating that aspect. It was working with Colin running the ball and they abandoned that aspect second half. This was the 49ers game to lose and they sadly did. The last 2 minutes were terrible.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:26 pm

bryce_r wrote:Ha poor play calling. No sugar coating that aspect. It was working with Colin running the ball and they abandoned that aspect second half. This was the 49ers game to lose and they sadly did. The last 2 minutes were terrible.

Yup. And bad judgement throws as well. Bummer ending to another "almost" season. Still- nice to be a major contender and have a great season.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:51 pm

melek_taus wrote:
bryce_r wrote:Ha poor play calling. No sugar coating that aspect. It was working with Colin running the ball and they abandoned that aspect second half. This was the 49ers game to lose and they sadly did. The last 2 minutes were terrible.

Yup. And bad judgement throws as well. Bummer ending to another "almost" season. Still- nice to be a major contender and have a great season.

Colin left the run at half, when it was working. They also were stopping the run, and thats the way to beat Seattle. you stop the run, you beat them... held lynch to i think 2.3 yards a carry in the first half, and over 10 yards a carry in the 2nd half. it is what it is. it hurt a lot for me sunday night. but I got over it and still sported my red and gold come monday. you have to be able to take the loss and be a good sport about it.

Next Year!... this off season will be hard. Harbaugh said he will do everything he can to keep the guys we have. since I think 10 or so are in free agency come march.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:37 pm

eckotyper wrote:Colin left the run at half, when it was working. They also were stopping the run, and thats the way to beat Seattle. you stop the run, you beat them... held lynch to i think 2.3 yards a carry in the first half, and over 10 yards a carry in the 2nd half. it is what it is. it hurt a lot for me sunday night. but I got over it and still sported my red and gold come monday. you have to be able to take the loss and be a good sport about it.

Next Year!... this off season will be hard. Harbaugh said he will do everything he can to keep the guys we have. since I think 10 or so are in free agency come march.

Offseason is going to be killer. I love Boldin and what he brings to the team, but we need a deep threat besides Vernon. Otherwise every team just stacks the box and we have to hope for Davis to bail them out. They need to learn the running back screen game though with LMJ. Roman can overthink things sometimes.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:37 pm

eckotyper wrote:Colin left the run at half, when it was working. They also were stopping the run, and thats the way to beat Seattle. you stop the run, you beat them... held lynch to i think 2.3 yards a carry in the first half, and over 10 yards a carry in the 2nd half. it is what it is. it hurt a lot for me sunday night. but I got over it and still sported my red and gold come monday. you have to be able to take the loss and be a good sport about it.

Offseason is going to be killer. I love Boldin and what he brings to the team, but we need a deep threat besides Vernon. Otherwise every team just stacks the box and we have to hope for Davis to bail them out. They need to learn the running back screen game though with LMJ. Roman can overthink things sometimes.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:42 pm

^^^ whoops, forgot the whole point of posting that was all of contract situations they will have to deal with this offseason and next if say Crab, Iupati, Kaep and A. Smith aren't extended this year. Going to be hard to bring back Boldin and Whitner unless Kaep and Crab take less and Rogers is cut.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:52 am

Reviving the BASK section! Go 49ers!

Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:15 am

Btw... Schedule is out and tix are pricey!

Fri May 09, 2014 11:21 am

Anyone want to discuss the draft?

Fri May 09, 2014 11:42 am

dannyvslc wrote:Anyone want to discuss the draft?

How do you feel about the first round pick, jimmy ward?

Fri May 09, 2014 12:27 pm

49ers just traded a 4th rnd pick for Stevie Johnson a speedy proven WR from buffalo!

Fri May 09, 2014 1:59 pm

I like the Ward pick personally. Could we have gotten him in the beginning of the second, but who knows. They liked who they liked and that was the pick. The kid is versatile and will play the nickel from everything I have read. Love the Stevie Johnson trade as well!!

Fri May 09, 2014 4:26 pm

dannyvslc wrote:I like the Ward pick personally. Could we have gotten him in the beginning of the second, but who knows. They liked who they liked and that was the pick. The kid is versatile and will play the nickel from everything I have read. Love the Stevie Johnson trade as well!!

Yeah i believe he will be lining up at nickel. Read about character issues but i think harbaugh can control that. The stevie johnson was nice, hope he stays healthy. I believe niners have 2 picks in the next two rounds :) awesome!
Post a reply