ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Bay Area Skull Krew
Post a reply

Last Minute SanFran Trip

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:07 am

Hey guys,

My ever-loving chiquita just dropped a huge toy bomb on me. Tickets to San Fran, arriving tonight!

Any locals have must-do/must-see advice. We're seasoned travellers with all 7 continents under our belts, not Bridge and Statue types, so the weirder, tastier and more local the better. Naturally if there are secret toy stashes, flea markets, etc that would show up in a future edition of San Fran Toy Underground, love in advance for the details!

And clearly if any of the S7 crew are down for some free beers from a huge fan, I'd be happy to accommodate. News on drops/events also welcome, lol.

James

Re: Last Minute SanFran Trip

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:17 am

There is a Cherry Blossom Festival running this weekend on Post Street in Japan Town. To bad you are arriving tonight as my son is performing traditional Japanese Tsuzumi drum with his school group under the Peace Pagoda at 4:30pm today dressed in appropriate hakama. Luckily, the festival runs tomorrow (Sunday) too.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:46 am

should take a trip to Kimono My Heart for secret toy stash

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:59 am

Thanks guys! Will check it all out. Any other ideas. We had an amazing post midnight dinner at Cotogna and are looking for food callouts too along with any toy/comix/art must dos.

ToyBot…you want to hook up for a beer say Monday night to talk ShelfLife?

Cheers

James

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:12 am

Huge thanks to Joe for the great shop visit Sunday. Epic to finally visit ground zero!

James & Eli

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:58 pm

The new mrs and I land tomorrow for a week of food, vinyl (toys & music) and other frivolities. We can't wait!

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:02 pm

One day, Josh took me to Bun Mee : http://www.bunmee.co/ for lunch.

I had a delicious grilled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries. When I dream about a sandwich, this is the one I think about. I will go back to SF only for this sandwich.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:05 pm

LOL, now I'm being whisked off to LA. Aside from TAG, anyone have tips for great toys and culture in LA?

James
Post a reply