ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Bay Area Skull Krew
Post a reply

what's new in your neighborhood?

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:15 pm

i want to vacation in north beach or maybe inner richmond.

Re: what's new in your neighborhood?

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:34 pm

:|

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:56 pm

:lol:

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:16 pm

Sorry Joe, I'd love to help with your staycation, but I'm not aware of anything especially new in the Inner Richmond. However if you're in the mood to do some shopping for cool household and kitchen items, check out Kamei on Clement near 7th. It's Japanese earthenware nirvana-land. You can also find Chinese (and some Japanese) hot pots there far less expensively than on the 'net or at places like Sur La Table. Just a great store to get lost in. A brief walk from Heroes Club, which is always worth dipping into.

But as for anything new in terms of restaurants or things that might entertain the family, I dunno. Maybe see The Hobbit in the lowest-tech format available, 2D 35mm at the Balboa cinema? :D

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:43 pm

Dean wrote:
But as for anything new in terms of restaurants or things that might entertain the family, I dunno. Maybe see The Hobbit in the lowest-tech format available, 2D 35mm at the Balboa cinema? :D

Is the Balboa still there!?!

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:37 am

Baikin wrote:
Is the Balboa still there!?!

It is, and it appears to be going strong. One of the last remaining oldskool icons of the Richmond District, along with Joe's Ice Cream, Green Apple Books, the Columbarium, Khan Toke Thai and Tommy's Mexican. it's amazing when a small neighborhood cinema anywhere in the U.S. thrives these days. The once-mighty Alexandria just sits there deteriorating on Geary, and the site of the Coronet is now an assisted living facility.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:45 pm

I FART A LOT, just call me. I will give you the lowdown on all the hot richmond spots.

So many new places and old. Even a place that does Michelin star vegan food(if requested)

Quick run down:
-burma superstar still rules
-Eats is so much better than before
-Genki!
-The Corner Store just opened at Masonic and Geary. I think it's coming long nicely. Pretty good burger.
-The Bridge closed down. RIP
-Angelinas Bakery
-Cinderalla Bakery
-hard knox cafe for candied yams
-Little Vietnam for Bahn Mi
-Seed Store for men and womens clothing

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:51 am

bannedindc wrote:-The Bridge closed down. RIP

what? say it isn't so! was just there a few weeks ago with Sutfin eating Katsu Curry Don.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....!!

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:36 am

bannedindc wrote:-Genki!

Does this mean that you like their sit down restaurant on Geary (which is pretty darned good) or the crepe place on Clement overcrowded with giggling teenagers? :D

Saw the shut-down Bridge yesterday ... terrible. I hope the art deco facade gets preserved, but knowing how San Francisco treats its old gems, it probably won't be.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Dean wrote:
bannedindc wrote:-Genki!

Does this mean that you like their sit down restaurant on Geary (which is pretty darned good) or the crepe place on Clement overcrowded with giggling teenagers? :D

Saw the shut-down Bridge yesterday ... terrible. I hope the art deco facade gets preserved, but knowing how San Francisco treats its old gems, it probably won't be.

I'm definitely sitting with the giggling teenagers eating asian crepes.

Also Kirkland, were talking about the Bridge theater in the Richmond. not On The Bridge in Japantown. Keep up, Keep up

Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:31 pm

bannedindc wrote:I'm definitely sitting with the giggling teenagers eating asian crepes.

I'm not really qualified to rib you about that, because I've been known to duck in there just to impluse-buy Rement and Bandai blind boxes. :lol:

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:03 pm

pants less hooker ran into the deli, waving a knife the other day. that was fun. trying to stab her pimp.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:47 pm

If that was in the 'loin, I'm not sure it's anything new in the 'hood.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:52 pm

Dean wrote:If that was in the 'loin, I'm not sure it's anything new in the 'hood.

probably near Frank's studio. the hookers in the loin are too drugged up to do much of that kind of stuff.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:09 pm

I guess I'm not up to date one where the prostitutes are these days. Isn't Mr. K's studio in SOMA? The scenario just sounded so Tenderloin, if you'll pardon my neighborhood stereotyping. :-)

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:55 pm

Dean wrote:I guess I'm not up to date one where the prostitutes are these days. Isn't Mr. K's studio in SOMA? The scenario just sounded so Tenderloin, if you'll pardon my neighborhood stereotyping. :-)

SOMA is correct. Speaking of stereotyping...did you see that pic about bicycles and the different neighborhoods in SF? Thought it was funny.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:36 pm

Hadn't seen it but Google is our friend. Awesome funny!

Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:38 pm

gatchabert wrote:
Dean wrote:If that was in the 'loin, I'm not sure it's anything new in the 'hood.

probably near Frank's studio. the hookers in the loin are too drugged up to do much of that kind of stuff.

Uh, you guys aren't reading his post correctly, Frank "is" the hooker...

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:05 pm

Ted;s Deli 11th and Howard.....this part of soma gets pretty scummy in the off hours. Been getting worse lately thinking about moving the workspace.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:10 pm

bannedindc wrote:Also Kirkland, were talking about the Bridge theater in the Richmond. not On The Bridge in Japantown. Keep up, Keep up

Scared me there for a second. Damn you Kirkland!

Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:01 pm

JORDAN23 wrote:
bannedindc wrote:Also Kirkland, were talking about the Bridge theater in the Richmond. not On The Bridge in Japantown. Keep up, Keep up

Scared me there for a second. Damn you Kirkland!

whew... good to hear. these damn kids..
Post a reply