ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Bay Area Skull Krew
Post a reply

Silicon Valley Comic-con

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:51 am

Bleah.

I went on Friday and apparently I'm glad I did because the crowd was manageable and I had an alright time $25 dollars for tickets was in my opinion overpriced but not a dealbreaker.

Saturday was packed to the gills and single tickets for that day were $50 and in the words of the master Daryl Hall "I can't go for that." I just don't give a shit about the tech aspect of it and although I enjoy the usual bay area con booth crowd it is in no way worth $50.

What WAS worth it was meeting the fine gents from Zonkey toys in San Jose. Some good dudes that have a great shop and an online presence. Look for some good stuff to come from them in the near future.
http://zonkeytoys.com/

Was anyone else there? Would you go again? These shows are just strengthening my resolve the Dcon is the best show of the year for toys in California.

Re: Silicon Valley Comic-con

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:44 pm

Never heard of Zonkey, but this preorder looks awesome

Post a reply