ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Post a reply

Vintage Henshin Cyborg Bootleg?

Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:40 pm

I just picked this guy up on JYP. Anybody seen one before or have more info?
I remember seeign this pic on the Exohead blog a while back, looks the same just cleaner and different colors:

Re: Vintage Henshin Cyborg Bootleg?

Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:55 pm

If you ever want to get rid of it let me know! . It's been on my want list for a long time haha. Bootleg Shonen Cyborg. Also of significance because Gargmel provides print out guts for the Smoking Corps that are also based on this guy's guts. I had hoped that when that exo head pic showed up that perhaps they were doing some sort of reproducation but it's not a different color it's just been photoshopped with invert. Here it is with that reversed:

Nice score.

Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Thanks for the info Adam! I know you of all people would know.
I didn't even realize the Exohead pic was inverted!
So I guess the figure is around 8"ish?

Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:41 pm

No idea on the size sadly. I've never seen one in person. I'd love to see some really good pics whenever you get it in hand!

Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:57 pm

Will do!

Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:37 pm

i gots one. he's a little shorter than the henshin boy. really cute though. has a little trouble standing sometimes, but this is the way with ye old boots.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:00 am

Through the amazing generosity of Clone, I finally have one of these after about a 13 year hunt around. Thanks! Here he is out of the bag:

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:38 pm

Wow, that card art is amazing!

Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:50 am

Awesome pics Adam!
I'm glad he went to a good home, I'm sure there is no better than yours!

Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:20 pm

Thanks again Patrick. I hooked him up with one of those new Bandai stands and he's up and set now. I'll snap a pic of him on my shelf.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:36 am

Awesome toy, if I were into Henshin Cyborg that would be a must have. I love when boots are inspired and unique enough to stand on their own like this guy. He looks like he could use some Rhinoplasty though.
Post a reply