ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Post a reply

micronaut clone ?

Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:29 pm

this micronaut look alike was made by tomy, but i have no idea what year. anybody have any info on this.

Re: micronaut clone ?

Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:10 am

Yes, you're right on the Tomy part. That piece came out I think in 1976. It's called Mighty Max The Maximum Man. I've had several of these over the years but never a complete one (Yours looks just about complete except for the little joint key that is made to tighten the screw like orange things. I keep meaning to get around to getting one though. It's sad they didn't expand this into a line. It would have been great to have a bunch of other accessories and some bad guys for him.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:52 pm

thanks for the info on the year and that its a stand alone toy. i do have the tightining key but the box is pretty crappy.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:07 pm

The one I'm left with now is missing all of the accessories except for the helmet and one half of an orange connecter. I have to upgrade soon! You could probably make some weird figures with them if you had enough pieces and connecters from several.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:43 pm

This guy is a classic. Nice pics.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:21 pm

*sniff* snif* I use to have that guy! So cool!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Yup, this toy is sweet looking. We featured an awesome review of this guy on CDX a while back:

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/mighty_max_maximum_man

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:32 pm

:D great review! thanks for link. really got my memories goin'

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:06 pm

Cool figure. It's funny, your initial shot somehow seemed to portray him as jumbo, and I was going to ask about the size, but thanks to that great write-up I can see indeed, he is large scale. Pretty interesting design concept, but I can also see how these might not have taken off with kids when it comes to playability.
Post a reply