ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Post a reply

1983 Tokyo Toy Show

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:42 am

Amazing video of the 1983 Tokyo Toy Show uploaded by user kbigstone on YouTube. Watch it. Watch it now.

It's been linked on the Transformers sites for the Diaclone and Microman coverage, but there are shots of most of the major toy companies and lines of the day. I am just blown away that this was stored for 30 years and is still in viewable condition.

If I could reach through the screen and pull something out, I think it would be that 240Z patrol car. :3

Re: 1983 Tokyo Toy Show

Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:28 pm

Wow, I've never seen that on any of the english based Microman sites. Totally amazing.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:33 am

So much awesome in that video, Daniel. If I were to reach in and grab just one thing, it would probably be any of those insane dioramas built for the various toy lines. Two in particular were the Diaclone cityscape with the elevated roads and whatnot, and the Dougram Battle for Stanrey field. So good...

Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:31 pm

Love that machine robo display with the big conveyor belt. Cool video thanks for posting.
Post a reply