ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Die-Cast to Jumbos
Post a reply

Re: Repro parts for Jumbo Machinders

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:23 pm

sorry i grew up with a mattel raydeen jumbo before i knew about such things.. I know its spelt differently depending on where you are but i always type it like like i read it in the comics and the box

wtf !!?? tried to steal a photo of the box and wooo

edit...
Last edited by scobot on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:32 pm

er.... Scobot? maybe you uploaded the wrong photo?

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:00 pm

hahaha holy moly not my sort of thing !

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Awww, did I miss an embedded image of boobies or something??? :P

Anyway, yeah, I totally forgot that the "official" Shogun spelling was Raydeen...fuggin' idjits...

It's funny that we're on this topic anyway because I'm in the process of restoring a friend's launcher. It's a first version Shogun, and the little (round) peg for the Delta Wing snapped off. So he took the launcher apart and mailed me the bit...so now, I'm reverse-engineering it in CAD so he can print out the part via Shapeways. Pretty fun process!

Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:21 pm

you missed one of the grossest pictures i have seen :shock:

can i ask how much it costs to print an object that size at shapeways ?

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Umm...well, it's a couple centimeters long...so I'm guessing 5-6 bucks? Shouldn't be too much...

Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:53 am

Sanjeev wrote:[* By the way, it's probably more accurate to romanize his name as Raideen. It's pronounced rie-deen (think "rye bread"). I've noticed a lot of people romanize it as "Reideen" or "Raydeen", but saying his name like ray-deen (as in "ray gun") is incorrect.]

thanks for the clarification!

this order was just for one person.. i swear.. most of our orders come from France..

Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:50 pm

Holy crap! So much for France being on the pacifistic side! These motherfuckers are going to war! :P

[For real, I just hope they're not turning around and trying to flip them as legit vintage missiles...]

Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:07 pm

Sanjeev wrote:Holy crap! So much for France being on the pacifistic side! These motherfuckers are going to war! :P

[For real, I just hope they're not turning around and trying to flip them as legit vintage missiles...]

yeah... that did come to mind. i am pretty sure they are selling them. hopefully claiming em as repros..

Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:02 pm

scobot wrote:can i ask how much it costs to print an object that size at shapeways ?

Finished the part, by the way. $4 plus shipping! :D

Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Sanjeev wrote:
scobot wrote:can i ask how much it costs to print an object that size at shapeways ?

So you can pretty much repro any simple part in this manner? Such as the harikens from the Grendizer chogokin or the Crewzer from the Voltes ST?!?!

Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:09 pm

Kingboy D wrote:
Sanjeev wrote:

So you can pretty much repro any simple part in this manner? Such as the harikens from the Grendizer chogokin or the Crewzer from the Voltes ST?!?!

Of course.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:23 pm

Shapeways can also cast your part in metal from your model.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:01 pm

Thats cool and cheaper than i thought ... I dont know of anything like that where i live (australia)

Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:53 pm

Jumbo Missile Pie

also a video of prepping missiles for my ebay auction

http://youtu.be/HFaskwV5BOU
Post a reply