ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Resin Heads have a home of their own.
Post a reply

Galaxxor (Galaxxor x Frenzy Bros 07.31.14)

Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:02 pm

WIP of a project that I'm sculpting. I have all sorts of exciting plans for it, such as arms. I do intend to cast him in resin. I was also thinking that he has enough blank areas on him that might make him really cool to have other artists customize. Dunno, I'm sort of learning as I go. Any feedback, positive or negative, is much appreciated.
Last edited by TrimmTrabb on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:59 am, edited 14 times in total.

Re: Galaxxor WIP

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:03 pm

I can see the possibilities already. are those arm sockets the same as MOTU?

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:50 am

I love the look of this so far... a nice clean space suit design is always fun, and yours has a good shape.

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:12 am

Thanks, guys!
@Grapefruit Goblin- Yep, classic MOTU arm sockets (and posture!).

Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:41 pm

Oh yeah, I see the stance now. Looking good man!

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:11 pm

he's pretty cool, are you going to do the casting yourself?

i can think of a good colorway

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:20 pm

huh juggernaut, i thought mysterio first, then sogmaster. both fit the sculpt well.

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:25 pm

or even...

I like this sculpt alot, the stance is great. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the arms.

Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:23 pm

I think he'd make a good 90's Mr. Freeze, with a little floating head or skull in the dome...

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:35 pm

All of the things that you guys are seeing are so rad! The original influences were MOTU + Megaman +40K Space Marine +some unfinished Erik Larsen(Savage Dragon) design that was probably a Juggernaut ripoff. I want to figure out how to cast him myself in various resin colors and various"colorways". But, I also want to figure out how to let other people get their hands on multiple blanks of him to make some their own versions.
I'll get off my lazy ass and get the arms done this week. Promise.

Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:22 am

ImageImageImageImage
Still a lot of cleaning up/ fine tuning to do...

Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:05 pm

Good balance, arms, legs, body they all flow together really well. Looking forward to seeing it cleaned up and finished.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:53 am

I know that it might not look like much difference, but I've been spending a LOT of time fine tuning, sanding, smoothing, painting, fine tuning, sanding, smoothing, and painting. Just wanted to let everyone know that this project is still very much alive. :D

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:34 am

I'm really loving this sculpt, its got that retro toy feel to it.
Can't wait to see it in some clear versions.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:44 am

Ben,
It was super kewl hangin' w/ ya @ C2 E2 and @ the NerdCity after show party!

This figure you showed me @ C2 E2 is even kewler in person!

Talk to ya soon!

TGB

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:54 pm

Thanks Marty!
I'm glad I was able to show him to you in person, man. I really appreciate your input and am totally psyched about the possibility of working with you!

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:03 pm

TrimmTrabb wrote:Thanks Marty!
I'm glad I was able to show him to you in person, man. I really appreciate your input and am totally psyched about the possibility of working with you!

The pleasure was mine and how is that "Infection" Mantis treating you? :wink:

TGB

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:14 am

ooze-it wrote:

The pleasure was mine and how is that "Infection" Mantis treating you? :wink:

TGB

He's awesome, man!

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:54 pm

You need to bring him to my house so that I can see this guy in person.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:43 am

Any new photos brutha Ben? :wink:

TGB

Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:56 pm

Funny you should ask that!
I'll have something up in the next day or two. But yeah, he's pretty much ready to head your way. :wink:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:44 am

TrimmTrabb wrote:Funny you should ask that!
I'll have something up in the next day or two. But yeah, he's pretty much ready to head your way. :wink:

This piece is gonna rock out! 8) We will talk starting of next week.

Have a great weekend brutha! :D

TGB

Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:04 pm

Have you considered something else other than resin? I get the resin for things w/o articulation, but I'd kinda think a more plastic substance would be better? Something more similar to rollerblade wheels? Still hard and solid, but a little less statuey? I only bring it up because of the bootleg Panthor I got recently seems like it was made in a similar fassion to the resin figures I see here BUT it was cast in a plastic like I mentioned. The articulation is real smooth too, would resin move as easily? Just thoughts is all.

Jugs and Buzz are totally there but it reminds me of a Batman Beyond villain too, I can't remember the name I'll have to search it.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:20 am

There are different types of resin, which are a type of plastic.
Either way, I can't wait to see what happens with these beyond just paint schemes.
And looking forward to them.

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:Have you considered something else other than resin? I get the resin for things w/o articulation, but I'd kinda think a more plastic substance would be better? Something more similar to rollerblade wheels? Still hard and solid, but a little less statuey? I only bring it up because of the bootleg Panthor I got recently seems like it was made in a similar fassion to the resin figures I see here BUT it was cast in a plastic like I mentioned. The articulation is real smooth too, would resin move as easily? Just thoughts is all.

Jugs and Buzz are totally there but it reminds me of a Batman Beyond villain too, I can't remember the name I'll have to search it.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:11 pm

Putting some very finishing touches on this guy tonight! Then he's off to Ooze-It for some sweet, sweet resin cloning. I hope to have nice pics of the finished proto sculpt up in the next few days.
Sorry for all of the delays with this and thanks for everyone's kind words on this project, you've certainly kept me going.
I hope everyone enjoys where The Godbeast and I take it from here!
Post a reply