ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Resin Heads have a home of their own.
Post a reply

RAMPAGE TOYS stuff

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:55 am

Hey All. Yep, I've just recently been introduced to the SB forum - by some of the guys over on the new Grass Hut Forum (who are now doubt here as well). I've been casting resin in Seattle for a couple years now - with a tendancy toward snack foods and such. Have a look:

カップケーキ Luchador - MUSCLE resculpt (a somewhat old pic - these still had flash on them..)

A mash-up done using a head given to me by Smash Tokyo Toys (and header art):

Re: RAMPAGE TOYS stuff

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:13 am

yay, jon finally posted! i think you'll end up having a bit of fun hanging out
in this particular corner of the interweb. and looking forward to seeing more
of your emerald city (?) con stuffs... but any thoughts on making it to c2e2?

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:17 am

Welcome aboard. These muscle tributes rule. Keep the new heads coming.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:53 am

Hey Thanks JoeMan!

Sbbenhcs - c2e2... I won't be making that unfortunately - but my buddy TGB will be there, and he's been making some amazing new resin stuff recently! In fact, he's casting a run of toys for me at this very moment - sort of a collaboration since I'm away for a while before Wondercon (...and he does amazing work with Crystal Clear stuff). He'll be at the Onell designs booth - go see him and tell him I sent you :D

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:44 pm

JMRampage wrote:Hey Thanks JoeMan!

Sbbenhcs - c2e2... I won't be making that unfortunately - but my buddy TGB will be there, and he's been making some amazing new resin stuff recently! In fact, he's casting a run of toys for me at this very moment - sort of a collaboration since I'm away for a while before Wondercon (...and he does amazing work with Crystal Clear stuff). He'll be at the Onell designs booth - go see him and tell him I sent you :D

Actually,
I will be @ the Nerd City booth #1026. I am bringing my KC crew w/ me (Adam Smith NECA's master mold maker/prototyper, Adrienne Smith NECA sculptor, Jason Frailey NECA sculptor, & Brian Fyffe Hallmark creator of Zombie Chuck).

I will have lots of exclusives including collabs w/ Matt Doughty/Onell Design/Glyos, Ben Spencer/Nerd City/Galaxxor, Brian Fyffe/Zombie Chuck, Jason Frailey/ClawShine, Adrienne Smith/ (new cat sculpt...not sure what she calls them yet), my sons' MJ/Mammothman Monster & Kobe/Robo Gloop w/ Commander Gloop. I will also have my Kabuto Mushi prototypes, Infection 2.0 Glyos heads. Much of my work will have multiple thermo plastic colorways, gitd colorways, and of course clears.

Make sure to stop by and introduce yourself. Nerd City is gonna have an INCREDIBLE aftershow party Friday night and Pop Culture Network has a suite @ the Hard Rock Hotel for Saturday night!

I will be updating my blog w/ LOTS of photos of the C2E2 goodies this week.

Jon, I have 2 last casts to complete your job...I will try to snap a quick photo, but, this is cuttin' it close. I will ship out before the USPS opens this morning so they go out immediately.

LMK when they arrive (hopefully b4 you leave Thursday).

TGB

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Thanks Marty! I got the pics - so sweet!

Anyone who'll be at Wondercon should stop by my booth - there will be a whole bundle of resin on display, and the stuff Marty Just sent me is amazing! I'll get pics in here soon.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:52 am

Hell yeah!
These Muscle-esc dudes are great!
lookin forward to seeing more work from ya.
I use to live in Seattle...man i miss it up there

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:36 am

Nice MUSCLES! The headsculpts look really clean.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:59 am

Thanks Sean and Spencer! And sean - I'm going to have Cliff do some MUSCLE casts coming up in April - using the mold I just got back from TGB!

About the heads though - the cupcake guy is my own head sculpt, whereas the drill head character's head was supplied to me by Matty at Smash Tokyo Toys (a 3D printed resin piece) ---> I mashed uüp the provided head with the same body I had used for the cupcake head figure.

Since I'm on here and posting, here are a couple more pics of some of my resin work :-)

Another body style commissioned for the same drill head - these are the two 'test pulls' from the mold, which I painted. The mold went to someone else for casting in larger numbers.

A glyos head which I'll have 10 of at Wondercon

Full sized and mini cupcake 'Kaiju' resin

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:42 am

Well, with Wondercon fast approaching, it seemed like it was time to throw up some more pics here! So - here goes:

Header art and figures for collab work with the GODBEAST! The figures still need some flash removed, but I'm on vaca in Europe for a couple weeks right now...

Handpaint and OG painting set of original Cupcake Luchador figure:

Lots of colors:

Hope to see some of you a Wondercon!!!

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:48 am

New pictures of things I had at Wondercon (and still have :-P )

Some "Night Owl" (Nachteule) Handpaints:

Hope you guys dig them!

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:06 pm

Hey Folks. I put this in the 'Hinterlands' section, but figured it wouldn't hurt to have it here as well ;-)

I'll have my very first solo art show opening on May 12th, durring the Capitol Hill artwalk in Seattle!!! I know some of you guys are in the area, and maybe you'd like to stop by that day from 5-8pm at the Cakespy Shop. The show will be up for the month follwing the 12th as well.

I'll have paintings (paper and canvases), handcast resin figures, some customs and some prints as well.

Here's the Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=205642242792412

And here's some 'press release' type info:
'Monsters, Cupcakes and Monster Cupcakes' will showcase paintings and toys from Seattle based character designer Jon Malmstedt - RAMPAGE TOYS! Jon's work focuses on fun and colorful creatures that just so happen to be monsters. Expect scenes of urban destruction a' la the classic films 'Godzilla' and 'Mothra', but with a bent in the direction of silly - instead of Godzilla think 'giant cupcake that has no arms.' The show will include paintings, custom vinyl toys, handcast resin figures and a couple collaborative pieces done with the Cakespy herself - something for anyone who loves monsters, cupcakes, monster cupcakes or all of the above! Oh, and need we mention that actual, real, edible and delicious CUPCAKES will be in attendance? YUMMY!!!'

Thu May 12, 2011 3:08 pm

A little update - some pieces heading out in the mail tomorrow!

And a few zombie mini cakes for this show opening today!

Mon May 23, 2011 12:14 pm

ImageImage

got a couple of jon's new cupcake buddha v2.0 in the mail late last week. two words: wizard sleeves. :lol:

Mon May 23, 2011 2:42 pm

I have four of those little Seismic Ace guys.

Mon May 23, 2011 5:37 pm

Thanks for the posts Chris and Matty! I'll be casting more buddhas soon.

Also - Cliff (Monstrehero) is wokring on some Flex Packs! THis time around there will be a flesh release to the public and something a little special on the side :mrgreen: GH Bored - heads up!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:22 am

These are pretty great! Sure you won't make any more Ace unpaints? Would go great with the other guy. Also, the cupcake Buddha rules!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:43 am

I can guarantee there'll be at least ten new barrel chested mini ACE mash-ups soon that have been recast for Jon to sell from his original work. There will be 2 X 5 different colors.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:04 pm

poysntixels wrote:These are pretty great! Sure you won't make any more Ace unpaints? Would go great with the other guy. Also, the cupcake Buddha rules!

Thanks man! Sorry for the delayed response... I just finished driving across the country (seattle to Maryland), and the computer has been all bagged up for almost a week... I'm in withdrawl...

Anyway, YES! Matty is sending me some figures and I'll try and pull together a little original header art to put on the guys! I'll get them up as soon as I can - once I have them. However...moving to Japan, and this might get delayed :-/ Also working on a couple small resin guys with Monstrehero and Mad Joe - soon! I'll get some stuff in the ol' shop this month. (buddhas, MUSCLE, etc.)

@Matty - e-mail coming!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:24 am

Sounds good....but they're the barrel-bodied guys.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:34 pm

The Mr.T guys should be great fun for painting! Are they on their way? I'll be in NJ in about a week.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:52 pm

A couple of years in the Motherland and ol' Jon has stepped in to the licensed game!
This WF will see the debut of his very first Ultrakaiju, Jamira:

Or Jamila, if you prefer. :wink:

I, for one, am happy to see that he's branching out into my favorite well of sofubi and toku history.

More blather here on his blog.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:17 pm

Doh! Look at that..another Jamila toy I'd like to own. :D Digging the color choices, texture, and most of all the look on his face. And nice header art to boot. This one has a hunchback feel that I definitely like...great work Jon!
Post a reply