ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Resin Heads have a home of their own.
Post a reply

Re: Ark Kong Bootleg

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:50 pm

You had a chance since the buyer did sell his. more in the making. Going for more of a crystal clear resin this time around

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:12 pm

Crystal clear resin huh? Its gonna be too sweet to handle. Please toy gods help me score one of these beauties. :D

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Yeah Kirkland for a first time resin maker, those looked excellent, I especially think the accessories really topped it off.. I've loved the Ark Kong ever since I saw it for the first time on the cover of #1 Robot... Although I can't really afford the Die Cast version, there's no shame in this monkeys game...

Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:30 am

If I don't get one of these this time around I'm going to slit my wrists. :wink:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:36 pm

toybotstudios wrote:You had a chance since the buyer did sell his. more in the making. Going for more of a crystal clear resin this time around

Can't wait to see the new version. Great job man!

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:37 am

toybotstudios wrote:You had a chance since the buyer did sell his. more in the making. Going for more of a crystal clear resin this time around

Are you gonna throw these up for sale on your website? Thanks!

-Myles

Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:46 am

Kingboy D wrote:

Are you gonna throw these up for sale on your website? Thanks!

-Myles

Kirkland, please do release more of these soon. I am amazed each time I see a picture the effort you put into each piece. Floored.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:36 pm

Oh crap. I keep posting instead of PMs. D'oh!

Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:53 pm

Any word on making a second run on these beasts?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:26 pm

there might be a collaboration with another artist one day.

other than that, another entire run is unlikely unless I re-do the molds.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:46 am

toybotstudios wrote:there might be a collaboration with another artist one day.

other than that, another entire run is unlikely unless I re-do the molds.

Redo the molds :D I will help

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:49 am

I think it is safe to say we would all love to see a run happen [that feeling is the distinct pain of your arm being twisted sharply :) ]

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:02 am

re-do the molds

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:45 am

It might be repetitive, but What they said, I'd love to get a blank in black, or red, or silver, or anything, These guys are rad, If I had the original, I would be all over duplication, for other lovers of the ark series. Better yet, vinyl (probably impossible to pull through molds (I'm guessing)) or pvc.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:58 am

thanks for the support.

i will probably re-do the molds at some point. now that I know a bit more about casting, I can try to avoid all those mistakes made the first go around.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:39 pm

Yay!! count me in.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:14 pm

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Daaaaaaaaayum those are killer

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:43 am

I loved the other ones, but I get really tired of the "Todd Robertson" Mecha look. It's not easy to do, but it's easy to overdo.

I'm a huge minimalist, though. I'm sure these will be right up a lot of other peoples alley.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:56 am

oof....

I missed out on something awesome.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:23 am

Getting a little stretching done (via rearrangement of limbs :) )

Please make more Kirkland!
Post a reply