ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Resin Heads have a home of their own.
Post a reply

Xenotron WIP (Updated Pics 06.13)

Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:56 am

I wanted to start posting some images of my next figure, Xenotron. I'm currently in that boring stage of sanding and cleaning up the tiny details, but he's pretty close to being finished.
And yes, he's going to have a right arm, too. :D
Last edited by TrimmTrabb on Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Xenotron WIP

Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:13 am

Update:

Re: Xenotron WIP

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:39 pm

Some slightly better pics. Sculpt is still being refined.
http://galaxxor.blogspot.com/2011/10/mo ... n-wip.html

Re: Xenotron WIP (Updated HQ Pics 10.26)

Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:50 am

Looks like this project is coming back to life, courtesy of my friends at True Cast Studio...

Re: Xenotron WIP (Updated Pics 06.13)

Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:35 am

Looking nice!! What's been happening during the past 3 years?

Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:24 am

badteethcomics wrote:Looking nice!! What's been happening during the past 3 years?

Thanks!
It was a combo of getting caught up in other projects and, honestly, I had just reached a point with it where my sculpting skills couldn't finish the fine details off to the place that I wanted them to be. Josh and the guys at True Cast Studio had recently helped me out with adding a certain amount of polish/refinement to my Galaxxor sculpt, so, when I was out visiting them last Fall, I brought Xenotron along.
We worked on the figure a little bit in the studio, and then I left the sculpt there, so that the pros could give him a bit more of the tlc that he needed. The finished piece is going to be split up in multiple parts, so that, for example, the "spheres" of the eye and fingers can be cast in separate color resin. It should be pretty cool. :D

Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:45 pm

I'm in awe of your spectacular sculpting sanding job! I have great difficultly making smooth, round surfaces. Nice work!!

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:57 pm

moonbeams wrote:I'm in awe of your spectacular sculpting sanding job! I have great difficultly making smooth, round surfaces. Nice work!!

Thanks!
But, frankly, I do too. That's part of the reason why it took me so long to get things right and part of the reason that I handed the proto off to the pros at True Cast to fine tune things to get them perfect. :D
Post a reply