ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Resin Heads have a home of their own.
Post a reply

Astrid

Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:44 am

So here is my latest sculpt. His name is Astrid. Im really happy with this one. It has 4 points of articulation. I just sent him off to Oni Creations to get the mold made.

New weapon #astrid #savagefreaks by Savage Freaks, on Flickr

For size reference. #astrid #savagefreaks #toys by Savage Freaks, on Flickr

#astrid #savagefreaks #toys #sculpting by Savage Freaks, on Flickr

FIN! #astrid #savagefreaks #sculpting #toys by Savage Freaks, on Flickr

Re: Astrid

Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:59 am

the effect on the craters is kinda blowin' my mind right now...

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:56 am

Yeah man loving the craters all over him, he's huge! What colors are you thinking for him?

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:59 pm

atom gray wrote:the effect on the craters is kinda blowin' my mind right now...

Thank you Atom!

Acolorfulmonster wrote:Yeah man loving the craters all over him, he's huge! What colors are you thinking for him?

Im thinking clears. Or maybe a red sparkle (kinda like lava). I have so many ideas for paint apps. I cant wait to paint him. Probably get resins by mid september.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:32 pm

This is badass!! Will look incredible in GID :wink: :wink:

Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:27 am

MonstaIslandCzar wrote:This is badass!! Will look incredible in GID :wink: :wink:

Thank you! GID will be soon!

here are some pix of the only one I have painted. I hope to have more soon.

#astrid #savagefreaks by Savage Freaks, on Flickr

Arm #savagefreaks #astrid by Savage Freaks, on Flickr

Painted one of these guys today. #astrid #savagefreaks by Savage Freaks, on Flickr

Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:45 am

dude, that paint app is serious!! really nice work. love the underlayer, molten fades.
this guy kicks ass painted.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:38 am

Great work dude! Awesome paint job.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:05 pm

Thanks guys! I was trying to make it so the core is molten and the outside like oxidized iron

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:25 pm

Thats so kicking, perfect paint for such a great sculpt. Of course, an ice landscape one it would look great

Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:32 am

IronPaw wrote:Thats so kicking, perfect paint for such a great sculpt. Of course, an ice landscape one it would look great

Thank you! Thats a great idea, I never thought of that paint app. I will definitely try that one. I was also thinking trying something with red glitter as my base color. I think it would give me the molten look a little better.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:46 pm

really liking the contrast between the texture and the smooth armor...nice!
Post a reply