ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:08 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 101  Next
 Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing? 
Comment King

Post Re: Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing?
petitetoilonrouge wrote:
damaged Bryan wrote:
Got Groove Coaster for iOS on a whim. Really fun game. Perfect when you have like 5 minutes.

I tried it yesterday, love it. Thanks for the tip. It looks even better on an iPad! What's different between the free and paid version? More songs? Can you actually unlock all songs in the free version?

Oh, I'm looking for fun games on the iPad too, if anyone has other recommendations. Playing Clash of Clans, Dragonvale, Magic 2013 now (along with some good ol' Tiny Tower and Nemo's Reef for the kids!). Also looking for tips for kid games / educational apps, free or not.

I think it's a rerelease? I wasn't quite clear on that but I think they are focusing on Zero now. Fun games? If you like RPG's Baldur's Gate is the route to go. It's a classic.

You are so good looking! I want to take you to an island and drink doqwiras out of your ass. Who is your favorite band? I like Enya! When your hat lights up I want to bang your pants off!!!
XXOO
Treelover

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Comment King

Thanks for recommending Groove Coaster, just had a couple of games now and it looks like a keeper. If we are on the subject of iOS games i thoroughly recommend checking out Super Hexagon, It's the best quick pickup game for iOS in my opinion, brutally hard but really addictive.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:42 pm
Addicted

Dragons dogma on hard! :twisted:

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:09 pm
Line of Credit

I'm back on Dark Souls, preparing a sorcerer for the DLC (which I can't wait to explore in and out).
After that I'll probably go back for another run through Demon's Souls and then pick up some 2013 releases (mainly thinking of Anarchy Reigns, Ni No Kuni and MGS:R)

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:57 am
Toy Prince

RudeBeast wrote:
I'm back on Dark Souls, preparing a sorcerer for the DLC (which I can't wait to explore in and out).
After that I'll probably go back for another run through Demon's Souls and then pick up some 2013 releases (mainly thinking of Anarchy Reigns, Ni No Kuni and MGS:R)

I really need to buy Dark Souls, and also need to buy The Witcher 2, once I'm done with the first one!

Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

RudeBeast wrote:

I saw that you are back on DS. Enjoy the DLC - look forward to 2 of the hardest boss fights ever (one is optional though . . .).
I just put a lot into INT on my dex built (as it stops buffing at around dex 44 :? ) - just need 5 levels to be able to cast dragon breath ;-)

Ordered DMC - the demo looks really beautiful and the original (Devil May Cry) was the reason to get a PS2 back then.
Oh, and I cannot wait to get my hands on Ni No Kuni - Studio Ghibli and Level 5 doing a RPG?! How awesome can it get?

Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:59 am
Post Pimp

Finally beat Cave Story.
It was neat.
:?

As for more mobile game suggestions, I highly recommend EDGE Extended. Its a great, interactive cube puzzle game with super clean visuals.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Super Deformed

I picked up Batman Arkham Asylum (GOTYE) over the weekend for $10...looking forward to playing it :)

KFHC

KEVLO flickr

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Comment King

Kevlo9 wrote:
I picked up Batman Arkham Asylum (GOTYE) over the weekend for $10...looking forward to playing it :)

It's super fun. I always want to go back and get more trophies, and then I just stop caring and move onto something else.

I picked up my MGS2 collection for like 10 minutes, got frustrated and put it down.

You are so good looking! I want to take you to an island and drink doqwiras out of your ass. Who is your favorite band? I like Enya! When your hat lights up I want to bang your pants off!!!
XXOO
Treelover

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Post Pimp

If you got an iPhone/Android or 3DS, totally recommend Gunman Clive. Its a great wild west tribute to Mega Man.
http://www.gunmanclive.com/

Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

Finally at the end of Shadows of the Damned. I didn't upgrade what I should have so this is going to take forever to finish - very close to chucking the controller a few days ago. Picked up The Walking Dead when it was on sale on Steam. Haven't bothered to install it because it will be incredibly slow. Really should put together a new computer but too lazy to do the research.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:54 pm
Post Pimp

Nice review is up for Ni no Kuni on IGN. I was getting worried after reading the Game Informer review that basically panned the game.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/15/ ... tch-review

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-n ... h/65181466

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

stealthtank wrote:
Nice review is up for Ni no Kuni on IGN. I was getting worried after reading the Game Informer review that basically panned the game.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/15/ ... tch-review
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-n ... h/65181466

Can't wait to play this.
Unfortunately I just bought DMC and Borderlands I . . .
I think I will have to quit my dayjob :lol:

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:57 am
Post Pimp

Yeah, I'm a little worried I might actually dedicate 40+ hours of gameplay to completing the game.

Hammering through Chrono Trigger between bong hits in college is one thing... :)

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:35 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

stealthtank wrote:
Yeah, I'm a little worried I might actually dedicate 40+ hours of gameplay to completing the game.)

I was thinking the same thing. Last time I put that much time into a JRPG was Dragon Quest 8. Ive been playing the demo a lot and love it so far. The animation quality and character design are jaw-dropping.

I am the fourth wrote:
If you got an iPhone/Android or 3DS, totally recommend Gunman Clive. Its a great wild west tribute to Mega Man.
http://www.gunmanclive.com/

Thanks for the tip! This games awesome.

ブルマァク on parade
Want List

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:34 am
Comment King

stealthtank wrote:
Hammering through Chrono Trigger between bong hits in college is one thing... :)

This sentence makes me happy and sad all at once. Happy for nostalgia, sad cause I'll never do it again.

XXOO
Treelover

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:08 am
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

^^^ I'll never forget Lavos' scream.

Videogames are one thing that makes me feel "old" already, even though I'm just 27. I don't like playing games that look like movies, I miss sprites and the simple days of 2d and 32-bits. I haven't gotten into a new game in years, but every so often I will download a ROM of something classic, or something that wasn't originally released in the US that has now been translated from my childhood era. I recently played Monster World IV originally on the Sega Mega Drive and would recommend it for anyone who likes side-scrolling platformers. Cute character design and mechanics, you can use that little monter to help you jump and glide by holding him when he flaps his ears.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:31 am
Super Deformed

damaged Bryan wrote:
Kevlo9 wrote:

It's super fun. I always want to go back and get more trophies, and then I just stop caring and move onto something else.

I picked up my MGS2 collection for like 10 minutes, got frustrated and put it down.

Correct...really fun! It's been awhile since I've had this much fun playing a game :)

KFHC

KEVLO flickr

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

Kevlo9 wrote:
damaged Bryan wrote:
Kevlo9 wrote:

Correct...really fun! It's been awhile since I've had this much fun playing a game :)

I bought Arkham City and since I play at PCrooms here in korea (better specs and super cheap) It really irked me that you can only install it a limited amount of times and it doesnt support steam cloud. :cry:

Will have to wait until I have a dedicated PC or it comes out for mac.

flickr
Wanted Thread

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:38 pm
Comment King

gatiio wrote:
It really irked me that you can only install it a limited amount of times and it doesnt support steam cloud. :cry:

now i'm not sure if it would work, but could you install it on a portable external drive? that way you'd only have to install it once,
then just plug in the external. or does the game have to be installed on the computer's start up drive? (i haven't played a pc game
in ages, so this may be completely infeasible.)

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Comment King

gatiio wrote:
Kevlo9 wrote:
damaged Bryan wrote:
Kevlo9 wrote:

I bought Arkham City and since I play at PCrooms here in korea (better specs and super cheap) It really irked me that you can only install it a limited amount of times and it doesnt support steam cloud. :cry:

Will have to wait until I have a dedicated PC or it comes out for mac.

I hate Steam Mac support.
I don't even bother with it anymore. It would look so good on a new imac, but new games are like 1 in a 100.

XXOO
Treelover

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

a.tom wrote:
RudeBeast wrote:

I saw that you are back on DS. Enjoy the DLC - look forward to 2 of the hardest boss fights ever (one is optional though . . .).
I just put a lot into INT on my dex built (as it stops buffing at around dex 44 :? ) - just need 5 levels to be able to cast dragon breath ;-)

I currently have a SL102 Sorcerer (64 INT) but still having a hard time with the first guardian in the dlc (he's simply killing me by far every time - while I managed to enter with a SL 192 warrior on NG++++ :twisted: ).
Also picked up Persona 4 on PSV... WOW!

Edit: do you mean that the first guardian IS NOT one of two bosses you're mentioning?! Lol

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Last edited by RudeBeast on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:04 am
Line of Credit

damaged Bryan wrote:
I hate Steam Mac support.
I don't even bother with it anymore. It would look so good on a new imac, but new games are like 1 in a 100.

Yeah, thats a 2012 macpro and it should run stuff fine, but there is just no market for it or developers dont want to bother with it. So im stuck playing crappy games or the ones I buy on steam I have to DL and play at the PC rooms.

And I get it and all, PC is just the norm and you can bootcamp anyways, its just that its annoying.

Witcher 2 plays just fine and the game is great, I dont see why more Developers give macs a shot.

Still in the same topic, I have XCOM and cant play it as often and it kills me. Life would be 10 times better if they just released it in mac (yeah im dreaming I know)

flickr
Wanted Thread

Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 am
Line of Credit

Paging Walt, paging Walt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... AejVR9PSQ#!

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:14 am
Addicted

RudeBeast wrote:
I currently have a SL102 Sorcerer (64 INT) but still having a hard time with the first guardian in the dlc (he's simply killing me by far every time - while I managed to enter with a SL 192 warrior on NG++++ :twisted: ).
Also picked up Persona 4 on PSV... WOW!

Edit: do you mean that the first guardian IS NOT one of two bosses you're mentioning?! Lol

Haha, no, he is just a puppy compared to those two . . . but he almost made me throw the controller into the TV, too. Do not forget to go back into this area later in the game - you will have a great time :wink:

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:23 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 101  Next