ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 4:04 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 45  Next
 The good ol' hockey game 
Mr. Grumpy™

Post Re: The good ol' hockey game
Nope Svedberg is actually pretty good. Rask just falls apart every time he plays Montreal. :roll:

Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

But it was his second game in two nights, right?

Wish list: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=48478&p=861452#p861452 (ok, somehow forgot html)

Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:18 pm
Mr. Grumpy™

petitetoilonrouge wrote:
But it was his second game in two nights, right?

Yeah that too.

Lucic has been playing like garbage lately but I thought tonight at least he picked it up a bit getting two assists. Then he'd disappear again unfortunately. I thought that call at the end was BS though, Emelin turned into the boards at the last second. I mean really how is Lucic supposed to stop? Personally I think Claude should sit Lucic till that wrist is 100%. He just seems off most games. I made the comment over on the Chowder blog that it seemed like the Bruins were on acid to start the third. I wish they kept Boychuk and traded any combo of Seidenberg, Miller, or Bartkowski. They are sucking big time.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Vintage

Bit of an odd one. A lot of weird bounces and choppy ice, which is unusual for Montreal. I wonder if they had some concert or something in the Bell Centre the night before. Plenty of stink on a few of those goals, on both sides, but I am glad it was close. Habs actually turned it up in the third, as opposed to their usual shutting down and showing up too late to make a difference, so that makes me happy for the season's possibilities. I was maybe expecting/hoping for some more antics and passion between the rivals, but it's still early.

I still can't get used to these terrible game broadcasts though. For the life of me, I just cannot fathom how this all happened. To dismantle 70+ years of tradition, and seemingly have no regard whatsoever that you are doing so, shows how little you actually respect the fanbase and have no idea of how important hockey actually is in Canada. I am very sore, and will likely always be.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:12 pm
Vintage

Haha, this is pretty good. :P Jay Baruchel is proof that Habs fans, for all their passion, still have a pretty good sense of humour.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:13 am
S7 Royalty

Hehehe. I don't know if that's why Price stands at .874 now... And Rask at .870? Weird...

Wish list: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=48478&p=861452#p861452 (ok, somehow forgot html)

Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:22 am
Mr. Grumpy™

Sorry Bert the B's needed this win way more than the Sharks. Good game though. Just over 4 minutes to go and the Bruins best defensive forward gets double minor, classic making the Bruins fans sweat it out for the umpteenth time!

Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Grumpy™

Christ on a tricycle can this season GET ANY WORSE for the Bruins? WTF? Boychuk is traded, Chara, Miller, and Krug get injured. I'm elated Lucic is back on track and they are up 3-1 going into the 3rd last night then utter collapse. Zach Parise is a little b*tch with his slash on Krug's hand last night. The pic is gross:

https://twitter.com/Harkins44/status/527489718511218688

Here's Parise' handy work:

http://gfycat.com/VigilantAmusedAoudad

Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

Let's take our eyes off those pitiful whatever threads here and watch the game !
I think the B. have a good chance to win this one with Marchand off the ice :P

Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Mr. Grumpy™

Oh I'm watching. I never miss a B's game but especially when they play the Canadians. The B's aren't playing it's Providence actually. Our team has a ton of injuries it's mostly AHL call ups!

Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Grumpy™

Ok let me just say watching the Bruins lose 7 out of the last 9 games has been painful. We can't buy goals while Tyler Seguin leads the league in goals. Oh the irony. I only watch games to see if anyone will go apeshit with a big hit or fight but we don't even have anyone who can do that anymore. Fucking injuries and the salary cap!

Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

As an ex-Nordiques fan, I understand the feeling. But then again, it's not as if they fell from any sort of height... :D

The Atlantic Division is crazy this year. Will be great to watch how it unfolds post-Xmas...

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:06 am
Mr. Grumpy™

petitetoilonrouge wrote:
As an ex-Nordiques fan, I understand the feeling. But then again, it's not as if they fell from any sort of height... :D

The Atlantic Division is crazy this year. Will be great to watch how it unfolds post-Xmas...

I guess you're being sarcastic but I'd say after 2 Stanley Cup finals and winning the Presidents Trophy last season, all within the last 4 years- yeah this is a mighty big fall. I'm just curious if Chia will make a good trade instead of notoriously shipping out potential 50 goal scorers for grinders.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:27 am
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

I just got NHL GameCentre (came for free with my new cell contract) and I have to say I'm impressed. The image isn't perfect if I stream to the tv, but it looks great on phone and tablet. Plus I get to watch old Nordiques games... From when people had mustaches, and there were no ads on the ice/boards. No helmets either, come to think of it. Hardcore.

Otherwise, very tight race at the top! Can't wait for the play-offs!

Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:51 am
Toy Prince

There's an app for it on apple tv and depending on your bandwith the quality is very good.

Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:34 am
Mr. Grumpy™

I can watch national games on NBC on weekends when they have them but that's it. They also show lots of playoffs on weekends when those happen. Otherwise it's illegal stream city for me. No way I'm paying that much for GameCenter stateside.

It's interesting to me that no matter how well the Bruins are playing now unless some movement happens in the seedings with Montreal, Detroit, and Tampa Bay, we're doomed to face the Habs in round 1. Hopefully there will be a different outcome this year. Every time I watch the Canadians I just don't get how they win? Has to be Price.

Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

Lixx wrote:
just don't get how they win? Has to be Price.

Bingo.

I think fighting for the head of the divison has boys out of breath already. I predict an early elimination this year :?

Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:16 pm
S7 Royalty

Price is obviously a huge factor, but the whole team seems to be playing well defensively. Look at their blocked shots! Their passing can also be pretty smooth. A lot more fun to watch then when they were all about dump and chase, which, sadly, seems to be coming back.

As for going out of the playoffs early, I'd say it will depend who we're facing. As it stands, we'd only meet the Rangers in a Conference Finals... Which is a relief! Things are moving though - it's even plausible the Sens will kick out the Caps or Bruins. In which case they'd also kick out the Habs when they meet. It makes for great series, half the city being pro-Habs and the other pro-Sens. :) That Hamburglar kid is pretty impressive to watch too!

Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:07 am
Mr. Grumpy™

I'm watching TB vs Montreal tonight. Very spirited game (fights galore).

Someone on the Stanley Cup of Chowder site pointed out something really funny about Boston, Montreal, and Tampa Bay the other day. So Boston can't beat Montreal, Tampa Bay can't beat Boston, and Montreal can't beat Tampa Bay. It's so bizarre these tops teams each have their own kryptonite within the division.

Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

:)

I'd much rather the Habs faced the Bruins than the Sens, Lixx - care to do something about that? Though there's a good chance we'll face the Caps anyhow...

Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:36 am
Mr. Grumpy™

Bruins aren't making the playoffs this year so you're on your own for easy wins :P

LOL^ at the video. Well Max is from New Canaan Connecticut, which is only about 169 miles from Boston.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:22 am
Profile WWW
Mr. Grumpy™

Fuck hockey lol! I'm actually glad the Bruins did not make the playoffs. Will save me a few weeks of heart palpitations or a brain aneurysm, whichever would come first. Besides my focus is on school and hockey is such a distraction. Thanks though Flyers and Sabres you had one job to do. I can take solace knowing Ottawa will get beat by someone and go down in flames.

Here's to the off season and some serious changes needed in the Bruins organization.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:39 am
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

Lixx wrote:
I can take solace knowing Ottawa will get beat by someone and go down in flames.
I can only hope so ! Sorry for the Bruins, wish they'd make it.

Anonymous fans put up Price's jersey on top of Ju Ming's taichi sculpture downtown :D

Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:46 am
Mr. Grumpy™

Ottawa isn't that great and that Hammond guy is bound to crack. I think they just rode that momentum into securing a playoff spot. The Stanley Cup playoffs as we know is a whole new season and anything can happen. What I'm really hoping now is Buffalo does NOT get the #1 pick. Will serve them right for tanking on purpose.

I may check out what's happening in the playoffs from time to time but I will not be glued to them like in years past.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:15 am
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

What a weird, messy game... :?

Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:45 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 45  Next