ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Tech stuff, Movies, Music...anything but toys.
Post a reply

Kaiju commercials

Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:06 pm

I'm sure people have tried to youtube "kaiju"...this is one of my favorites on youtube. Does anyone actually have this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tdQRMrj3jfk

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:47 am

Hehe, that's pretty funny.

Thanks for digging that up.

Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:52 am

I love old toy ads! Very cool an silly just what a toy should be! Too bad they dont make shit like that for kids these days.

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:55 am

Isn't that the one at the S7 MySpace page? Gotta love it!

Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:30 pm

xoconostle wrote:Isn't that the one at the S7 MySpace page? Gotta love it!

lol...oops. shows you how much i pay attention to Myspace :D

Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:48 pm

Dude, never apologize for ignoring MySpace LOL. The Super7 page is cool of course but this board and the S7 blog are really the places to get "the news" as we all know. Plus ... I don't think it hurts to revisit that clip. It is deeply cool and fun.

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:23 pm

that commercial is rad!

we have that toy in stock, in case anyone is interested. still with the ancient original box!

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:30 pm

joshuajh wrote:that commercial is rad!

we have that toy in stock, in case anyone is interested. still with the ancient original box!

Damn I must be blind. I haven't seen it in the store...maybe I'm just distracted by other things that I don't see it.

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:38 pm

joshuajh wrote:that commercial is rad!

is it still for 3950 yen??? :wink:

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:53 pm

love it!

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:47 pm

you guys have had this for a long time. I took this last fall.

http://flickr.com/photos/missymazzaferr ... 231741486/

(put a note on it!)

Re: Kaiju commercials

Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Might as well resurrect this thread; seems like it has been long enough. Not sure if this is new or not, but I caught this on the tube last night (can't remember what I was watching exactly, but I am sure it was something really exciting).

I don't know what the story is on the giant Rangeas head, but man is it pretty cool. Anyway, props to T9G for this appearance, random and unappreciated as I am sure it is to be with the general public.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:27 am

what?! it's not the first time t9g has made a western tv appearance, but this is nuts. is that a giant, fiberglass rangeas head? from a "life-size" sculpture they made at some point, or specially for the commercial? so random. unless the same guy who put it on castle is responsible for this, too.

on a side note: lovely paint job.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:27 pm

Came here to post that! Had to do a double take when I saw it, super cool

Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Ultra999 wrote:what?! it's not the first time t9g has made a western tv appearance, but this is nuts. is that a giant, fiberglass rangeas head? from a "life-size" sculpture they made at some point, or specially for the commercial? so random. unless the same guy who put it on castle is responsible for this, too.

on a side note: lovely paint job.

i think TAG did the giant fiberglass versions of them, i could be mistaken though.

Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:24 am

^ that must be it! sounds familiar. i still wonder how it traveled from point a to point b. funny they went for that instead of the more usual godzilla knockoff.

Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Saw this ad on TV the other day also.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:43 pm

I was thinking about making a thread for unexpected appearances by our favorite toys, characters, kaiju, etc. in the media, when I found this, but I think that concept might fit this thread?

I was looking to buy a messenger bag to replace my ancient backpack the other day when I found this on Crumpler's website:

Petroglyph in an aircraft hanger, lion, giant Bullmark Miclas playing with a company lorry, petroglyph-man engulfed in some kind of apparent thermonuclear blast?

... Well if that's the day in the life of one of the bags' designers, then I'm sure the dang things must hold up pretty well under normal wear & tear. Sign me up!

PS- I haven't tried Crumpler's bags yet, so I was thinking of buying one used to take them for a test drive. Any suggestions or opinions on similar bags would be appreciated in a PM.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:20 pm

Thanks to Sokko for bringing this to our attention:

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:32 am

Aloha!
Last edited by Sokko on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:55 pm

That giant Rangeas is for sale in TAG's shop, by the way.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:05 pm

hellointerloper wrote:That giant Rangeas is for sale in TAG's shop, by the way.

Yep! They rented that life size T9G from us for the commercial.

Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:47 pm

Anthony tipped me to this little slice of amazing a short while ago:
https://www.facebook.com/USASevens/vide ... 878992856/

Not exactly a commercial, but it's certainly in support of something!

Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:54 pm

There is also this gem for Kaiju Sakaba in Osaka.

Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Yokai by day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRFPf0dgfSg
Post a reply