ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Tech stuff, Movies, Music...anything but toys.
Post a reply

Christmas Wish List

Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:34 am

Here

I'll take #'s 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 10 - I can do without 9 if I have to.
It was hard not to ask for #4 b/c that purple and pink pony mane has to taste great.

Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:51 pm

Who are these people???
Their criteria for a bad toy could be applied to every toy ever made. I simple ball could cause choking, blunt impact injuries and eye damage - all at once even.

Makes "Brandy" so much fun!!! :twisted:

"Brandy" is a game here that involves some kid being made "it" and given a ball to tag whoever they can in the game as hard as they can. Just like chasey but with pain.
W.A.T.C.H Out!!

Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:23 pm

What about the red rider BB gun? That thing'll shoot yer eye out!

I want that little paintball gun on that list though, I'm packing a Super Soaker CPS 1000 at work right now, ther're 4 dogs here and they bark at everyone that comes to the door, so I need to pack some serious heat to keep them in check. I'd like the paintball gun for my co worker though.

:x

Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:33 pm

hey, I was a serious player of lawn darts. for real.
I had several bb guns.
I can't imagine what it would be like to be a kid today.
Not that one time is better than the other but they are so different.

Oh, I could have done without the whole AIDS thing once I got around to sex. But I digress.
[I think this comment has confused some people - I was trying to point out how it put a stomp on being a young and horny college kid. People in the 60's and early 70's didn't have to worry about that kind of heavy thing. I am still HIV negative fortunately - what sucks is that many many people have not been so fortunate and many are, er, dead]
Last edited by julianmi on Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:08 pm

It doesn't seem all that different to me. My kids shoot bb guns and the bow and arrow in the back yard, and throw knives. We even have a pellet gun range in the basement for the winter months - just like I had when I was a kid. I do miss Jarts, though Julian. Saw some of the old metal ones at a flea market awhile back, but my wife said no way.

Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:14 pm

Betcha its freakin Tipper Gore and her band of do-gooder whores-same group that started the PMRC!!!

Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:20 pm

Okay, nice to hear some kids are still playing with bb guns.

Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:30 pm

Jarts are sweet!!-Didnt they outlaw them when someone caught one in the head..I remember the news,vaguely

Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:47 pm

jarts are known to consumer safety folks as the all-time most dangerous toy. eek.

I feel so proud to have spent part of my childhood perfecting my jart tosses into yellow tubular targets. they were really well made - you could adjust the flights and where the weight was centered - but those were the real Jarts, not the bootlegs that I also had a set of.
OH SHIT! moment - almost taking out one of the dogs when she walked into the path of a descending Jart - she moved just in time

Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:52 pm

I remember painting this lady's house once - a big old 2-story. I found an ancient Jart lodged in one of the rain gutters. Bad shot I guess...

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:36 pm

or an oh shit! good shot depending on the kid's intent
Post a reply