ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Tech stuff, Movies, Music...anything but toys.
Post a reply

Fri May 26, 2006 3:37 pm

and that might be the closest thing to a weed induced death, some fat slob always high with the munchies has a heart attack cuz of a twinki overdose

I thought those commercials where the guys were in the drive thru and they hit that girl on the bike was so fucking far fetched and lame, not a true representation of the effects of pot

if anything it should have shown them at home on the couch trying to remember what they were just talking about

Fri May 26, 2006 7:19 pm

Roger, the answer to your question is "No".

No deaths have ever been attributed solely to someone smoking cannabis.

Alcohol and cigarrettes kill thousands of peeps every year. Yet they remain legal. Why? That should be obviou$.

Alcohol is a depressent and can also make people act violently. As well as kill your liver.

I've never seen any stoners rob a bank, do a drive-by, try to fight an entire bar...

Either all three should be illegal or legal. the end.

Fri May 26, 2006 7:35 pm

Chad Hensley wrote:Roger, the answer to your question is "No".

No deaths have ever been attributed solely to someone smoking cannabis.
That wasn't what I was asking. If you re-read my posts, you'll see my question is this: "If marijuana was as legal, available and accessible as alcohol, would there be the same number of accidents/deaths/crimes related to it?" At this point, I don't think we can know the answer.

Fri May 26, 2006 10:00 pm

anyone who hasn't checked out their own toy collection while high is really missing out!!!!!!!

Fri May 26, 2006 10:00 pm

Would there be the same number of accidents/deaths/crimes related to weed as alcohol if it were legal?

The answer is No. What, suddenly if weed were to become legal, all these new people would rush right out and light up?

Would you rather drive with a drunk or someone who is stoned? I'll take the head any day.

I did a quick google search and discovered
there were 17,013 alcohol related car fatalies in 2003.

I'm willing to bet the weed fatalies for the same year were way (way) less than that, if not near zero.

Fri May 26, 2006 10:21 pm

turtletooth wrote:
Paulkaiju wrote:But it does cause limp wristed-ness and man boobs.

Oh wait, no, that's too many twinkies.
Unfortunately smoking too much weed is the leading cause of eating too many twinkies. :lol:

WERD.
lol.

i love me some alcohol, but when i was studying it at length in college (admittedly a few years ago now) they had already clinically proven that alcohol has negative and irreparable destructive effects on every single organ in your body, including the brain. (thats not even including peripheral issues such as driving intoxicated etc.)
that said, anybody who thinks they can inhale smoke, any smoke, into their lungs and not run a higher risk for cancer is nuts. i'm not against smoking at all, but i've been there and u can't tell me that smoking weed frequently doesn't turn you into a sloth.

my verdict? anything in excess, inc. alcohol and weed, can be fucking bad for your body and mind.

thank u for tuning into dr. jackie... the only "doctor" u know who's done it as much as they've studied it. :D

Sat May 27, 2006 3:43 am

Just a minute, didn't we already know this?
I mean, REAL people knew - as opposed to the Government, who we all know are actually aliens who only THINK they control us anyway.
Also, 'heavy usage' is classified as lighting up 22000 times... Who WERE these pussies they were testing???
And another thing... Um, s'funny, I've forgotten what I was going to say... :lol:

Sat May 27, 2006 4:30 am

Chad Hensley wrote:Would there be the same number of accidents/deaths/crimes related to weed as alcohol if it were legal?

The answer is No.

What, suddenly if weed were to become legal, all these new people would rush right out and light up?

I did a quick google search and discovered
there were 17,013 alcohol related car fatalies in 2003.

I'm willing to bet the weed fatalies for the same year were way (way) less than that, if not near zero.
I don't think you can say "no" definitively based on just the number of deaths from alcohol car deaths, because the situation is apples and oranges right now. Today marijuana is smoked by a much smaller segment of the population, and the consumption pattern is very different from alcohol. Because it's illegal, people tend to use it privately, usually in their own homes.

For the hell of it, let's go with your scenario, and wave a magic wand that turns all the existing beer and liquor into weed and legalizes it. Now people are smoking up instead of drinking the way they used to. They're smoking joints at family barbecues, at sporting events, in bars, on fishing trips, sneaking one or two in during a long lunch on Friday, etc.

Do you really think these people are going to be any more or less responsible just because the substance is different? I have a hunch that the fatality statistics like the one you quoted would be comparable, but I couldn't know for sure.

Regarding this:
Would you rather drive with a drunk or someone who is stoned? I'll take the head any day.
Is "neither" an option? ;p
Post a reply