ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Tech stuff, Movies, Music...anything but toys.
Post a reply

Weed doesn't cause lung cancer

Fri May 26, 2006 8:51 am

potheads rejoyce.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... pe=science

i am not a pothead, but this is an interesting find.

Fri May 26, 2006 9:07 am

Hooorrraaaayyyy!

I mean...that's very nice to hear. Not for me...but for a friend of mine.

Fri May 26, 2006 9:28 am

Tashkin said that while he still believes marijuana is potentially harmful, its cancer-causing effects appear to be of less concern than previously thought.

Perhaps smoking marijuana isn't likely to cause cancer. Nevertheless, inhaling smoke into your lungs isn't healthy by any means. It's common sense.

Fri May 26, 2006 9:35 am

old news, nobodys ever died from weed, smoke up and enjoy

Fri May 26, 2006 10:11 am

I wish I could meet the pioneering individual who thought it was a good idea to take something that's on fire and put it in your mouth.

Fri May 26, 2006 10:16 am

Just end up with Schizophrenia instead, its all fun. then you'll never be stuck for someone to talk to.

Fri May 26, 2006 11:07 am

Parka wrote:Just end up with Schizophrenia instead, its all fun. then you'll never be stuck for someone to talk to.

thats is not true
Last edited by Pogue on Fri May 26, 2006 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 26, 2006 11:07 am

Knewnan wrote:
Parka wrote:Just end up with Schizophrenia instead, its all fun. then you'll never be stuck for someone to talk to.

thats is not ture

yes it is

Fri May 26, 2006 11:08 am

Knewnan wrote:

thats is not ture

yuo shure?

I fink he si!

Fri May 26, 2006 11:21 am

I used to know a guy who smoked a lot of weed and one day he went nuts and smashed all of the mirrors and windows in his house and cut himself up, he went totally schizo but I doubt it was directly caused by the weed.

Fri May 26, 2006 11:23 am

Hard links have been drawn to schizophrenia and smoking weed.

It increases the liklihood by around 50% if you smoke it heavily before you're 14. I'll have to find the paper, and subsequent review.

but hey, its all good fun, and the key is moderation for everything!

Fri May 26, 2006 11:25 am

Well that's good to know, I didn't start smoking it heavily until I was 14.

Fri May 26, 2006 11:31 am

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm schizophrenic,
and so am I :?

Roger wrote:I wish I could meet the pioneering individual who thought it was a good idea to take something that's on fire and put it in your mouth.

or whoever ate the first oyster!

Fri May 26, 2006 11:41 am

But it does cause limp wristed-ness and man boobs.

Oh wait, no, that's too many twinkies.

Fri May 26, 2006 11:55 am

alcohol is worse for you than weed!

Fri May 26, 2006 11:57 am

Slack wrote:alcohol is worse for you than weed!

don't forget cigs! bleh

Fri May 26, 2006 12:47 pm

Slack wrote:alcohol is worse for you than weed!

prove it?

Fri May 26, 2006 1:12 pm

oh c'mon parks u know its true!

that said i'm coming by next week to go pub crawling :D

Fri May 26, 2006 1:31 pm

prove it lol, I don't need to, all the alcohol related deaths have already proved it

Fri May 26, 2006 1:49 pm

If you had the same amount of people smoking weed as you did drinking alcohol, would the numbers of deaths match up?

Fri May 26, 2006 2:29 pm

Roger wrote:If you had the same amount of people smoking weed as you did drinking alcohol, would the numbers of deaths match up?

Interesting question, I think that would have to be on a percentage aspect, not nearly as many tokers, as far as I know.

Beyond the health issues factor in alcohol is a mood enhancer, nothing like an angry drunk (a lady at work just had her drunk now exboyfiend wake her up with a gun to her head). Then pile on DUI's and the countless inoccents that have been killed due to a drunk.

I believe everything in moderation, but I don't drink anymore 'cause of diabetes.

Fri May 26, 2006 2:31 pm

alcohol kills your body

weed just makes your body lazy

Fri May 26, 2006 2:43 pm

locomoto566 wrote:Interesting question, I think that would have to be on a percentage aspect, not nearly as many tokers, as far as I know.
I'd agree, simply because one thing is legal and the other isn't. It's just easier for anyone to buy a six pack than to buy weed.
Beyond the health issues factor in alcohol is a mood enhancer, nothing like an angry drunk (a lady at work just had her drunk now exboyfiend wake her up with a gun to her head). Then pile on DUI's and the countless inoccents that have been killed due to a drunk.
That's what I'm wondering about. If a joint was as easy to get as a six pack, would there be as many accidents due to stoned people, the way we already have with drunk people? I guess we don't know unless they legalize it.

Fri May 26, 2006 3:10 pm

I drive better while baked

Fri May 26, 2006 3:29 pm

Paulkaiju wrote:But it does cause limp wristed-ness and man boobs.

Oh wait, no, that's too many twinkies.
Unfortunately smoking too much weed is the leading cause of eating too many twinkies. :lol:
Post a reply