ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Tech stuff, Movies, Music...anything but toys.
Post a reply

In need of advice...please!

Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:52 am

I sold this figure ($200) and sent it out a while back. The person says he has not received it. I do not have any tracking # for it or anything, what should I do?

Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:08 am

Sorry to hear of that. Unfortunately there is not much you can do. Do you have any proof that you sent it out? PO reciept maybe?

if it is just a case of the package not arriving yet, it may put the other party at ease to see a photo of the reciept from the PO. confirming that it was mailed...if you sent it priority it will have the date, and the zip the package was going to...

Did you not get delivery confirmation for the extra $0.45??

Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:29 am

Oh Ichi you gotta track packages big and small (and get insurance for the big), no proof usaully mean you're SOL. Hopefully it'll turn up.

Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:36 am

Yeah, I screwed up big time! I sent my rommate to mail it but (by that I do not mean that it is her fault) she does not know what she did w/ the receipt which would contain such info...I guess I will have to work something out with the buyer and somehow come up with the money to give them a refund.

Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:22 am

Sign-up for USPS and just do the click-n-ship thing. Print shipping labels at home, tracking comes with it I believe and it has most of the options i.e. insurance, international, etc. . .

Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:59 am

This won't help Ichi, I am afraid, but after hearing stories like his, I just routinely always pay for signature confirmation, tracking and insurance - on everything. The price is small for the peace of mind and protection when something goes wrong.

Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:41 am

Well, I tried to get in touch with the buyer and try to solve things in a nice and polite manner since I see how it is my fault...but the buyer instead called me a liar and sent me a nasty e-mail. What else can I do? I admit that I was a lousy seller and was trying to work things out peacefully but instead I get "PM violence".

Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:47 am

ichikill79 wrote:Well, I tried to get in touch with the buyer and try to solve things in a nice and polite manner since I see how it is my fault...but the buyer instead called me a liar and sent me a nasty e-mail. What else can I do? I admit that I was a lousy seller and was trying to work things out peacefully but instead I get "PM violence".

Not on this board is it?

I can vouche for ichi being a straight up seller.

Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:53 am

my suggestion is that if the buyer can't be civil about it and has sent you antagonizing messages, don't willingly give them a refund.

Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:55 am

locomoto566 wrote:
ichikill79 wrote:Well, I tried to get in touch with the buyer and try to solve things in a nice and polite manner since I see how it is my fault...but the buyer instead called me a liar and sent me a nasty e-mail. What else can I do? I admit that I was a lousy seller and was trying to work things out peacefully but instead I get "PM violence".

Not on this board is it?

I can vouche for ichi being a straight up seller.

+1 ichi is an honest seller

Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:13 pm

How long is "a while back"?
If it was international you should wait at least six weeks IMO...
I've had stuff turn up after that long even though clearly marked 'Airmail'.
Postmen are not human after all...sorry, I mean postmen are ONLY human...dammit!
Even cross-country stuff can get misdirected, or stuck in the bottom of a bag somewhere.
It'll turn up! Betcha!

Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:31 pm

Yeah, I had to wait three months for a package to arrive from the US. Turned up eventually and it wasn't sitting in customs either.

Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:52 pm

I can understand why the buyer is so upset but I hate being called a liar. We are trying to work things out right now. Thanks guys for the support and advice!

Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:58 pm

ichikill79 wrote:I can understand why the buyer is so upset but I hate being called a liar. We are trying to work things out right now. Thanks guys for the support and advice!

I think its eBay jading people on sellers pulling scams (not that you are, obviously)

Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:13 pm

i always purchase a cheapo tracking number at will, but not insurance.

i may get fried for this but i generally think the onus is upon the buyer to request insurance.

Sadly what fresh said is right... if the buyer is harassing you i wouldn't give them a refund either.
and this is a two way street... i know people who have been victims of peeps demanding money for toys that actually got there. Even after the post office got their signatures... people are dumb!! :roll:

Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:24 pm

My advice is forget the tracking confirmation. As long as you pay for insurance you are completely covered. I've always felt the tracking confirmation is realy more of a bonus for the buyer than the seller. I think it's well worth the peace of mind to go with insurance. Tracking confirmation only lets you know where it is, it DOES NOT cover any costs if the item does not show up. And also insurance just is not that expensive anyway. Insurance is peace of mind !

Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:55 pm

].
Last edited by rhinomilk on Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:03 pm

rhinomilk wrote:FYI: in another post i complained about ichi about not receiving a figure from her yet... and i have yet to receive it after a longass time.

i did not buy a $200 figure from her nor would i ever send a threatening msg to anyone. So this thread is not about me (at least i hope not)

just wanted to make that clear.

I told you the situation and for the 100th time...YES, I SCREWED UP! I took too long shit happened but the figures where sent...his was sent before yours thus I know for a fact that something went wrong b/c it should have been there. This has nothing to do w/ anyone on this board...But I have learned my lesson...Just don't call me a liar or accuse me of running away w/ anyone's money. How many times am I going to get crucified over this...yes you already made me look bad in public once, and even filed a claim against me w/ paypal, I get it yes, yes, yes,I sucked and was a terrible seller... these couple of months have been hell for me, my freaking childhood friend committed suicide and I was stuck in Costa Rica, I'm so very sorry it took this long for you to get your figure. But please when you get it let me know so that I may sleep better at night.
BTW, the buyer who I was actually talking about and myself are working things out the best we can. Thanks again to everyone for your advice and speaking out on my behalf.

Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:47 pm

i don't think i ever called you a liar (maybe you misread something). but anyways... i won't talk about this matter on the board anymore... i'll shoot you over a PM

Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:54 am

rhinomilk wrote:i don't think i ever called you a liar (maybe you misread something). but anyways... i won't talk about this matter on the board anymore... i'll shoot you over a PM

I did not say you called me a liar although now that I read the post sounds like that...I was just upset, let us all go back to collecting what we love.
Post a reply