ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Tech stuff, Movies, Music...anything but toys.
Post a reply

Re: Tattoo Thread! [Post um, if you got um!]

Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:13 pm

I just got back from SF. I didn't do any toy stuff but I did eat, drink, see friends and get tattooed.

Jeff Rassier - Blackheart Tattoo

Theo Mindell - Spider Murphy's

Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:19 pm

Fuuuuuuuck youuuuuu. Rassier and Mindell in one trip? This is me being jealous.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:04 pm

meanmistert wrote:my fresh, self-shot pic doesn't do this justice... but here ya go:

Okay, you definitely win.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:54 pm

BrickBat wrote:I just got back from SF. I didn't do any toy stuff but I did eat, drink, see friends and get tattooed.

Jeff Rassier - Blackheart Tattoo

Theo Mindell - Spider Murphy's

I saw that on Rassier's instagram. Right on man.
I'm heading up to Asbury tomorrow for my several times rescheduled back of the leg outline session. Going to be doing the "nibble and sip' method of tattoo endurance. http://occultvibrations.wordpress.com/2 ... nutrition/

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:36 am

With Robert Ryan? What are you getting? I had him do my whole right inner forearm. One of my favorite tattooers. Post pics if you don't mind and let us know how that method works. I hear that spot sucks (don't they all :roll: ). Nice blog by the way. Been looking at that for a year or so now.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:07 pm

Please post pics man! I need to get more work done. Also I am gonna try that nibble and sip method. I'm getting my stomach done in November, and I'm gonna need some endurance for that madness..

Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:44 am

It goes up onto my butt, but for the sake of all parties... we'll crop it :D
Robert has done a few pieces on me; armpit, full front of the thigh, piece on my hip and now this'n.
Nibble and sip works great. I did 7 hours on my rib/armpit a while back using it, and it truly makes a difference.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:32 am

Nibble and sip?

VICODIN (with a designated driver)

Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:22 am

Nibble and Sip is based on distance cycling nutrition. What your body needs when to make your tattoo sessions more comfortable. I've been using it for a while and can feel a tangible difference in my ability to comfortably sit.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:32 am

Shawn, that is looking really good. It'll be cool to see it finished. I've been wanting to go back to RR for awhile now, but seeing this, it may have to be sooner rather than later. I'll have to give the nibble and sip a try. I don't sit longer than 3 hours anymore though unless I'm traveling and need to get something finished.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:37 am

BrickBat wrote:Shawn, that is looking really good. It'll be cool to see it finished. I've been wanting to go back to RR for awhile now, but seeing this, it may have to be sooner rather than later. I'll have to give the nibble and sip a try. I don't sit longer than 3 hours anymore though unless I'm traveling and need to get something finished.

Last time Robert tattooed me, we went 7ish hours. When Bruehl tattooed me in January we went almost 8.
Now Im really digging the two three hour jawns.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:38 pm

Wow, longest I've ever sat for pure tattooing was 4.5 hours. I can't imagine sitting longer than that. Good on you man!

Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:41 pm

BrickBat wrote:Wow, longest I've ever sat for pure tattooing was 4.5 hours. I can't imagine sitting longer than that. Good on you man!

It's dumb. I once sat 13 hours for Mike Wilson. Never again. Too old for that.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:15 am

3 hours max seems to be a great stopping point, i dont see the need to do any more than that at once.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:43 am

drybones69 wrote:3 hours max seems to be a great stopping point, i dont see the need to do any more than that at once.

Some would say they don't see the need to get more than one tattoo. Takes all kinds, I guess.
I like to get it done instead of drawing it out when I can. Especially if I'm traveling. When I flew down to Florida to have Bruehl work on some old outlines he started years back, I wasn't going to get three hours max and have to fly back down later for more when my body can handle a seven hour sitting and get it all done. I don't LIKE it. But I absolutely see the need to do it sometimes.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:10 am

Man the longest session I've done was about 7 hours on my chest. That was rough, I was quite light headed after that. Wish I woulda known about that nibble and sip back then. Also 13 HOURS!? Ridiculous man! You're a warrior.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:11 pm

I just got my dogs face poked onto me, some of you might remember him fighting off a hoard of Secreter Brains some years ago, he's an OG killa.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:15 am

These dudes

Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:36 pm

Doing David Icke prowd

Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:59 pm

Kick ass! Who put that one on you blood drinker?

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Vince Leblanc at Animal Farm Tattoo here in Chicago. Glad I found this place, he's pretty awesome. Lots of weird flash like this too.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:33 pm

^ Your Mayor gets my vote!

Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Nic from Affinity in Austin did a little 'honey moon phase' jammer on my lady and I.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:41 am

IMG-20131130-WA0000 by frankmysterio 2 APC, on Flickr

much pain

Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:27 am

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:Vince Leblanc at Animal Farm Tattoo here in Chicago. Glad I found this place, he's pretty awesome. Lots of weird flash like this too.

Dude, that looks really good!

So animal farm is legit? I'll have to check them out once I finally get my leg finished.
Post a reply