ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:43 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
 Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing? 
Toy Prince

Post Re: Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing?
Headhunter wrote:
Hows the new Overwatch game so far? Im curious on how well it is because i dont want to invest 60 dollars on something im not going to enjoy lol.

It's great! Probably Blizzard's best rollout of a new game ever. Servers held up perfectly yesterday. The game is so fun. I'm all in so maybe a little biased, but I would highly suggest getting it.

Tue May 24, 2016 8:58 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

FLTodd wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Hows the new Overwatch game so far? Im curious on how well it is because i dont want to invest 60 dollars on something im not going to enjoy lol.

It's great! Probably Blizzard's best rollout of a new game ever. Servers held up perfectly yesterday. The game is so fun. I'm all in so maybe a little biased, but I would highly suggest getting it.

I guess I need to play a demo to see if i really want to or not. Game purchasing would be SO much easier if there were more demos of upcoming games you could play before blindly purchasing expensive stuff.

Tue May 24, 2016 9:08 am
Prototype

Headhunter wrote:
FLTodd wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

I guess I need to play a demo to see if i really want to or not. Game purchasing would be SO much easier if there were more demos of upcoming games you could play before blindly purchasing expensive stuff.

There was an open beta earlier this month. If you buy the normal version, it's only $40.

I did the open beta and picked up Overwatch last night on PC. Great character and level design. Gameplay is easy to pick up, if you're familiar any FPS games. No noticeable issues with the servers last night.

Tue May 24, 2016 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Prototype

akum6n wrote:
If you buy the normal version, it's only $40.

If you play on a console, you only get the $60 version (suckas!).
There's a nice set of goodies if you play all the other Blizzard games especially if you play Heroes of the Storm. Tracer for free is great (she is $10 or you're going to be gold farming to buy her), plus some cosmetic items for other games that you normally can't buy. Blizzard has always been awesome at cross promoting their games.

Can you guess who the inspiration is for my Demon Hunter's colors?

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Tue May 24, 2016 1:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Toy Prince

^^^ Metroid?

Tue May 24, 2016 3:07 pm
Prototype

Headhunter wrote:
^^^ Metroid?

Yup. It's the first thing that came to mind when they added new armor to the game.
Also an example of Blizzard's cross-promo. Demon Hunter from Diablo 3 with wings (cosmetic) from Overwatch and a pennant from Heroes of the Storm. :D

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Tue May 24, 2016 3:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Toy Prince

looks like Metroid... everything is copy.

I played the overwatch beta. It's ok. I don't like the aiming mechanics for some of the characters. Getting a bullseye 1/500th the size of the view screen from one place to the other is kind of daunting to me. and some of them cant focus.

It's gorgeous though.

Tue May 24, 2016 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Is anyone playing Vainglory on iOS?

If you are, holler.. it's much more fun playing with people you know instead of random strangers..

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vainglo ... 64704?mt=8

Wed May 25, 2016 2:08 pm
Prototype

Ok...Overwatch is pretty fun. Add me on battle.net if you want to team up. I've been playing a few AI games in my own to practice and try different toons as well as learn maps, but will play Quick Play matches with friends. When I play against AI, I'll always pick D.VA....just cause I can keep firing and not worry about ammo.

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Wed May 25, 2016 7:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Comment King

The bf is helplessly addicted to Overwatch.
I'm sort of kind of half playing FFXIV, but recently a bit too down in the dumps to really get anything done.
Still playing a shitload of Summoners War on iOS, though.

Wed May 25, 2016 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

This game called Yomawari Night Alone is coming out soon. Looks quite interesting actually.

Well ok maybe not soon soon like October but it still looks fun.

Thu May 26, 2016 7:05 pm
Toy Prince

Are there actually story modes in Overwatch? Seems like allot of money to be wasting in CG animated movies if there are no cut scenes for characters in some kind of story mode.

Fri May 27, 2016 7:13 pm
Comment King

No story mode, characters that hate each other's guts can be on the same team, and you can have multiples of a character on the same team. Makes no damn sense to me, but people are eating up the CGI promos like hotcakes.

Fri May 27, 2016 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

hellointerloper wrote:
No story mode, characters that hate each other's guts can be on the same team, and you can have multiples of a character on the same team. Makes no damn sense to me, but people are eating up the CGI promos like hotcakes.

They could at least have them available for ppl to watch at the start menu? Idk just seems like a huge fucking waste. That could be more money invested in game play instead of trailers. I mean they make tones of money i know they could care less but REALLY? lol

Fri May 27, 2016 7:35 pm
Prototype

Headhunter wrote:
hellointerloper wrote:

They could at least have them available for ppl to watch at the start menu? Idk just seems like a huge fucking waste. That could be more money invested in game play instead of trailers. I mean they make tones of money i know they could care less but REALLY? lol

It's just a game. Enjoy it or don't. Why complain about the story or specific features when you don't even play?

If you have enough of an attention span to navigate to the Overwatch website, find the Media tab and watch the movies, you'll find they are actually quite well done and add a lot of depth to the featured characters. The digital comics are very good too. But you have to sit there and click and read things, which may not be everyone's cup of tea.

lol

Fri May 27, 2016 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

akum6n wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
hellointerloper wrote:

It's just a game. Enjoy it or don't. Why complain about the story or specific features when you don't even play?

If you have enough of an attention span to navigate to the Overwatch website, find the Media tab and watch the movies, you'll find they are actually quite well done and add a lot of depth to the featured characters. The digital comics are very good too. But you have to sit there and click and read things, which may not be everyone's cup of tea.

lol

Its not that i don't have the attention span its just i don't understand why they would put such crazy work into those CGI promotion stories if they are not going to be included in the game at all? They did it with Diablo 3 and World Of Warcraft. Seems kind of counter productive. I mean that's more money that can be invested into game features if you ask me. And if you like the game and don't care that's fine. Its just my pet peeve to be honest with allot of games nowadays.

Fri May 27, 2016 8:19 pm
Prototype

To encourage people to buy the game?

Fri May 27, 2016 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

akum6n wrote:
To encourage people to buy the game?

Indeed but the in game play alone should be enough without the other lol. But again thats just personal preference i guess.

Fri May 27, 2016 8:39 pm
Prototype

Headhunter wrote:
Are there actually story modes in Overwatch? Seems like allot of money to be wasting in CG animated movies if there are no cut scenes for characters in some kind of story mode.

Each character has their own story and to make a story mode, the game would be gigantic and cost more than $60...not to mention the time it would take to make that game. As far as the game goes, it is just fun. Story is just for all those cospalyers :lol:

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Fri May 27, 2016 9:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Toy Prince

gatchabert wrote:
As far as the game goes, it is just fun. Story is just for all those cospalyers :lol:

Ill just wait till the game gets a few years cheaper than lol.

Fri May 27, 2016 9:07 pm
Line of Credit

Yeah, I'll be waiting for a sale or price drop later for OW as well. It's a great game, had a lot of fun with the beta, but multiplayer only games should not be $60 IMO. I would say its worth it buying on PC, since you can get a vanilla version for only $40, but not at all on console.

Sun May 29, 2016 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

Nate wrote:
Yeah, I'll be waiting for a sale or price drop later for OW as well. It's a great game, had a lot of fun with the beta, but multiplayer only games should not be $60 IMO. I would say its worth it buying on PC, since you can get a vanilla version for only $40, but not at all on console.

Angry Joe actually touches up on his feelings about this pretty well and what some ppl might think about it currently. However he does give the game allot of praise but its still a game with a few faults mainly being the shallow content experience. Again i feel safe in waiting for this game to develop more before i decide to pick it up. The loot boxes are a bit disgusting though even though they are just vanity items.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:27 am
Prototype

Blizzard will probably release new maps (and hope they don't charge for them). They do it for Heroes of the Storm although they do take a while to make. The loot boxes, I don't mind but they should give skins the microtransaction treatment so players are allowed to buy the skins they want. That being said, I am a pretty cheap bastard and want the skins for free so I'd rather grind them out and get loot boxes (we're all collectors here so the blind box thing isn't new to us). I wish we could grind to get other skins in HotS but that is not the case. I can't believe he's saying $40 is still too much to pay for this game. At $40, that is like buying a game 10 years ago...with less content. It is totally worth it for $40. At $60, it is only worth it if you play other Blizzard titles...and the console players, all I can say is, play on a PC ;) (at least on a PC you don't get those annoying kids on their mics yelling at their mom for a juice box).

Yes, no $40 version for consoles sucks and Blizzard probably would have sold a ton more units if they had hit that price point.

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Toy Prince

gatchabert wrote:
(at least on a PC you don't get those annoying kids on their mics yelling at their mom for a juice box).

You get squeakers all the time running around in PC games. Not sure which games you've played but iv run into them far to often on PC. LMAO

Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:27 pm
Super Deformed

Headhunter wrote:
akum6n wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

lol

Its not that i don't have the attention span its just i don't understand why they would put such crazy work into those CGI promotion stories if they are not going to be included in the game at all? They did it with Diablo 3 and World Of Warcraft. Seems kind of counter productive. I mean that's more money that can be invested into game features if you ask me. And if you like the game and don't care that's fine. Its just my pet peeve to be honest with allot of games nowadays.

This is flawed logic, and I see it all the time on the Internet when people who don't understand development complain needlessly. Blizzard's art department made promotional videos. That's it. If those individuals did not spend tones of company time/money making those videos, that does not mean that there would somehow magically be more features in the game. It doesn't work like that.

lol

Anyway, I am personally waiting for a sale to pick up Overwatch as well. There will undoubtedly be more content in the coming months, and I can wait to play it since Battleborn is still holding my attention.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:10 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next