ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:11 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 101  Next
 Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing? 
Prototype

Post Re: Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing?
booschwobe wrote:
inFamous 2! Makes me remember how much fun the first one was. 2 has the same gameplay but even more powers and the city in 2 seems more detailed, lovin it!

demo was pretty cool...but i'm going with more mindless games like Eat Them! and Dead Nation instead...hahaha :lol:

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Addicted

what is dead nation like? I am trying to decide on my second free ps3 game and can't decide between dead nation and infamous. any suggestions?

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:15 pm
Prototype

T.J. wrote:
what is dead nation like? I am trying to decide on my second free ps3 game and can't decide between dead nation and infamous. any suggestions?

3/4 view kinda like Gauntlet with a few guns and zombies. I think Dead Nation is DLC only. You can go buy infamous for less than $20 new/used probably.
if you want more of a story, buy inFamous. if you want mindless killing, buy Dead Nation.

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Addicted

gatchabert wrote:
T.J. wrote:

3/4 view kinda like Gauntlet with a few guns and zombies. I think Dead Nation is DLC only. You can go buy infamous for less than $20 new/used probably.
if you want more of a story, buy inFamous. if you want mindless killing, buy Dead Nation.

Not paying for either, they are being offered as free ps3 downloads due to the break-in. I do love gauntlet, and i am never able to finish these epic story games. may do dead nation. thanks

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:44 pm
Comment King

was gonna play sf4 AE, but then i remembered i hate the twins. can't wait for 3rd strike.

flickr

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Mini Boss

eric wrote:
was gonna play sf4 AE, but then i remembered i hate the twins. can't wait for 3rd strike.

LOL... my friend has threatened to annoy me with the twins.
i think i might not even download it now :lol:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

T.J. wrote:

Dead Nation is mindless killing but I loved it, gaunlet styled splat fest. Never played infamous.

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:18 am
Fresh Meat

I just picked up Infamous and it's pretty decent so far. It's basically Fable with super-heroes and climbing up the sides of/jumping off of buildings in a city like a GTA game only you can't steal cars, haha. I'm digging it.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:30 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

I never finished half life 2, so I want to get through that. I realized that I need to experience a narrative where I overthrow a corrupt power. Politics in my state and country have been making me feel very powerless lately, and it may be making me a miserable bastard.

I gave bayonetta a shot, which I was set to love, but it rang hollow for me. I hate the way the camera zooms far out, combined with the way that the backgrounds are really busy. It's a visual mess and it makes me feel removed from the action. I was expecting better from the people who made a masterpiece like godhand.

Vanquish is much more respectable, but it never manages to do anything with its levels. You have this interesting dash move, but there's hardlyany advantage to be gained from exploring the battlefield. Makes me wish I was playing gears of war.

Terraria is my recent favorite. It's a sidescrolling, fortress-building, monster-killing, cave-exploring, deep-digging, gear-crafting bag of fun. It's a fungeon crawler. It has laser swords and mini guns shaped like sharks. I love it.

http://www.terraria.org/

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:31 am
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

just quit RIFT, played Warhammer:Online for the better part of 2 years and achieved top 5 for player kills on my server.

I am really looking forward to Diablo III, not too excited about anything else currently.

phantomfauna wrote:
No...that's not all I got. Eat a three inch dick footlong you prick.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:45 pm
Comment King

The new gameplay footage of Skyrim is looking ridiculous, definitely my most anticipated for 2011.

Would love to be playing Witcher 2 right now but my laptop would struggle with it i think so waiting on the ps3 release.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:44 pm
Addicted

RudeBeast wrote:
T.J. wrote:

Dead Nation is mindless killing but I loved it, gaunlet styled splat fest. Never played infamous.

I just got my FREE games and I'm playing dead nation on hard....Its almost impossible where I'm at and its only level 3. Gets annoying having to start again from the beginning of the level since its annoying as hell where I am.
I'm hanging out for Battlefield 3.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:36 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

Just picked up a used copy of Portal 2 for $35 yesterday!

Gears 3/September can't come soon enough...

Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:01 am
Toy Prince

The skyrim demo (blathering talking heads notwithstanding) looks great. A dragon swoops down and carries away a giant! That said, I started reading The Hobbit again, and I'm not sure that playing elder scrolls is more fun than reading said Tolkeinage.

GoldenArmKid wrote:
The new gameplay footage of Skyrim is looking ridiculous, definitely my most anticipated for 2011.

Would love to be playing Witcher 2 right now but my laptop would struggle with it i think so waiting on the ps3 release.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

jacksauce wrote:
The skyrim demo (blathering talking heads notwithstanding) looks great. A dragon swoops down and carries away a giant! That said, I started reading The Hobbit again, and I'm not sure that playing elder scrolls is more fun than reading said Tolkeinage.
GoldenArmKid wrote:

Yeah, Skyrim and the Demon's Souls sequel are on top of my 2011 list for sure!! I can't even start thinking of how many hours I'll spend on those two (still thinking of playing DS after 200+ hrs).

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:29 am
Toy Prince

Wow. I started demon's souls, but I'm a beginner and haven't really dug my teeth in yet. It's definitely a meaty, excellent dungeon crawler.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:40 am
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

I haven't watched all the coverage yet on E3, but from what I've seen, It's definitely going to be an exciting holiday season for gamers this year. Mainly excited for Gears 3 and the Combat Evolved Anniversary. Still debating between MW3 and BF3, but I'll probably pick up both. :)

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Prototype

what is this thing called E3?

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Toy Prince

It's this thing where nintendo unveils various compilings of vast incompetence.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Prototype

I was wondering about all the sirens, but it was just people saying the name of the new Nintendo console.

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Addicted

Been tryin to "play" demon souls more. I say "play" as I die often. But Im getting further everytime and I love when I can get the kill behind the enemy and it's a one hitter stab thru the back kinda move. That bein said I'm still only in that balerian (?) castle which is like the first level. I've been thinking bout the new Sony vita and they should make a Dark souls portable and allow us to continue on the road and then sync it back up to the ps3 and what not.

Downloaded ssf4 ae. Evil ryu and ONI are stupid. Haven't tried the twins yet though. I'll stick with cammy and lose with a little more confidence.

Still playing through la noire, but let someone borrow it while I was on vacation so it'll be a while longer before i can get into it more. I played the first 4 or 5 story missions and I like it. It's keeping me more interested than gta4 at least.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:12 pm
Side Dealer

Just started a new character last night on Demons Souls, giving Royalty class a try this time.

Also played SSF4 again last night for the first time in a long time. No AE for me, I really don't enjoy the game :x I might pick up SF3: Third Strike, but I'm just really dying for them to port Street Fighter Alpha 3 to the PS3. That & MvC2 on my PS3 would keep me happy without needing to turn the Saturn on very often.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:05 pm
Addicted

Picked up Mortal Kombat today, i am just as bad at this one as I was when the origianl came out

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:34 pm
Side Dealer

T.J. wrote:
Picked up Mortal Kombat today, i am just as bad at this one as I was when the origianl came out

All I was good for back in the day was some successful uppercuts, ice-blasts, and "Get Over Here"s. Combos, Fatalities/Babalities/Animalities were a thing of dreams for me as a kid. Does the new one have any of the crazy goofy stuff besides gory Fatalities?

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:09 am
Addicted

Is anyone here playing QuakeLive ( http://www.quakelive.com/ ) these days? Its a free online FPS. I paid to become a premium member (more maps, but few play them). I'm online nightly playing clan games.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:23 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 101  Next