ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 11:03 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 101  Next
 Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing? 
Die-Cast

Post Re: Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing?
Crab Rangoon wrote:
T.J. wrote:
Picked up Mortal Kombat today, i am just as bad at this one as I was when the origianl came out

All I was good for back in the day was some successful uppercuts, ice-blasts, and "Get Over Here"s. Combos, Fatalities/Babalities/Animalities were a thing of dreams for me as a kid. Does the new one have any of the crazy goofy stuff besides gory Fatalities?

I just ordered it today because Gamestop's having a sale (aka the only time I buy games!)

I heard it was fun, better than all the past MK's minus the first 2 (or 3 if you like 3.) There's like "X-ray" hits where for certain moves you see the bones breaking or the heart getting pummeled with an x-ray in slo-mo. I mean, MK is only good for 1 thing: Gory ass shit! If made right you shouldn't have to try too hard to have a 14-year-old good time. Punch, kick, punch, blood blood blood, cut off heads. It's what it's about.

I feel like I'm just waiting for the new Batman. All other games are distractions. I'll play them but I'm not INVESTED, I don't care, I'm just waiting to stalk criminals in the night and bash their heads together.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:58 am
Line of Credit

Started playing Portal 2. As usual Valve rules, especially if you've played the original Portal.

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:13 am
Die-Cast

reviews for LA Noire are good. anyone playing?

i'm concerned it's too much like Shunmue which I couldn't get into at all.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:46 am
Profile WWW
Prototype

toybotstudios wrote:

maybe more like GTA in a different setting. not interested but my bro seems to be playing it quite a bit.

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:29 am
Profile YIM WWW
Toy Prince

Just picked up Fear 2 - thank you very much Steam. I know it's not as good as the original but I was suckered into it after seeing the trailer for the third installment. I'm also playing Streets of Rage 2 through Playstation plus. It's free for a month so why not revisit it. Plus it has achievements. :roll:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:17 am
B.76 wrote:
Crab Rangoon wrote:
Haven't seen Greg on XBL since 80 days :lol:

He's still kicking around on PSN, just with a handful of games that are NOT Demon's Souls. I think I noticed him playing 3 different games last night.

You guys SPY on each other? :shock:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:27 pm
Prototype

Amry of Darkness for iPhone is pretty fun.

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Toy Prince

gatchabert wrote:
Amry of Darkness for iPhone is pretty fun.

Yes it is. Although I play it on the iPad.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:21 pm
Line of Credit

toybotstudios wrote:

I wish it was like Shenmue, loved it to bits! This it's similar to GTA, just another setting.

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:24 pm
Die-Cast

RudeBeast wrote:
toybotstudios wrote:

I wish it was like Shenmue, loved it to bits! This it's similar to GTA, just another setting.

I believe the gameplay is completely different. The key point is in the interrogations so it's more like an RPG. I don't need to shoot guns all the time, but I don't see how a game based on interrogation is all that much fun....?

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

toybotstudios wrote:
RudeBeast wrote:
toybotstudios wrote:

I believe the gameplay is completely different. The key point is in the interrogations so it's more like an RPG. I don't need to shoot guns all the time, but I don't see how a game based on interrogation is all that much fun....?

mmm... I need to read more about it, the fact that it isn't similar to GTA makes it potentially appealing to me. I liked GTA IV but I hate getting killed and having to drive around over and over again to reach the tricky part of a mission (especially when this takes 10 minutes each time) :evil: When will Rockstar make mission restarts less tedious?

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:48 pm
Fresh Meat

L.A. Noire does have similar GTA elements but really it's all about the detective work. Sure there are some car chases and shootouts thrown in for flavor but the meat of the game is watching the witnesses and suspects and deciding whether or not you believe their story, then relying on your evidence to back you up. I also like the fact that you can make your partner drive which cuts out a lot of the random driving if you don't want to do it.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:10 pm
Post Pimp

Alice: Madness Returns since last week, and loving it. The original Alice is one of my go-back-to-every-few-years favorites, and the followup manages to recapture what made the first great.

Prometheus Rising Studios
Store, Twitter, Tumblr, Wants

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

i got sucked back into ssf4 with this ae update. I was doing awesome the other day going something like 18-4 for a while..the past two nights i am like 2-30.. alot of ibuki users and the twins. I hate the twins, it seems all of their moves get priority over anything i try.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:55 pm
Line of Credit

Kapnobatai wrote:
I also like the fact that you can make your partner drive which cuts out a lot of the random driving if you don't want to do it.

Ah that sounds better, thanks for pointing that out. I might eventually have a go at LA Noire.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:15 am
Die-Cast

Lame Mortal Kombat, I gotta pay $10 just to play online? I know, I know, that's how gaming's gonna be now. But still. Whine. Anyone have a Kombat Pass they didn't use they wanna share with me :mrgreen: It's fun so far at least just 1 player though, brings back memories of Mt. Dew and Thrash Metal and pizza. I hate Mt. Dew now. Things have changed.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:25 am
Post Pimp

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:
Lame Mortal Kombat, I gotta pay $10 just to play online? I know, I know, that's how gaming's gonna be now. But still. Whine. Anyone have a Kombat Pass they didn't use they wanna share with me :mrgreen: It's fun so far at least just 1 player though, brings back memories of Mt. Dew and Thrash Metal and pizza. I hate Mt. Dew now. Things have changed.

They're trying to get you to stop buying used and supporting a terrible, awful company and system that is Gamestop.

Prometheus Rising Studios
Store, Twitter, Tumblr, Wants

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:34 am
Profile WWW
Die-Cast

Well not totally, Gamestop is the one selling the used ones. The game companies are trying to get you to buy new from ANYWHERE but just not used.

Eventually, we all know, it's going to come to systems with download games/cloud systems only. No discs. No used anything. New everything. I get where the game companies are coming from, they want more money instead of you buying a used copy where they get nothing.

So they now know you'll buy used so special content is created to make you still give money directly to them for things you used to get for free. It's not evil in my POV, but annoying.

There are things that make sense to me to charge for. Extra costumes, themes, maybe even characters. But just the ability to play online bites for an XBOX player because I'm already paying $60 a year (which I 'm not against since it's never crashed on me, my shit's never been stolen or hacked, I don't have cable because I use the Netflix program on it and I play a lot of games online/use a lot of internet juice.)

I think just to play online should be free. Now for extra junk (costumes, extra levels, characters etc), that's something I don't care about. Like Call of Duty. When their "Elite" thing drops you can still play online w/o paying, you just don't get some dorky perks.

I might drop the extra $10 to play MK online, but not now. I'm happy 1 player. If I want to play a multiplayer online fighting game I'll go back to SSF4. I learned I suck enough that everyone beats me anyway so to pay $10 extra for online play is like me paying a 14 year old $10 to come over and mock me. Over and over.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:40 am
Line of Credit

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:
I might drop the extra $10 to play MK online, but not now. I'm happy 1 player. If I want to play a multiplayer online fighting game I'll go back to SSF4. I learned I suck enough that everyone beats me anyway so to pay $10 extra for online play is like me paying a 14 year old $10 to come over and mock me. Over and over.

:lol: Totally agree, first time I've heard of paying for online matches on a console (besides the actual Live subscription).

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:23 am
Die-Cast

It's gonna be the new normal. If you buy it new you're probably OK, they give you a code, if you buy it used and there's an unused code you're good too. I think Bulletstorm did it too. COD will be doing something similar, but the core online play isn't pay-for-play, just extra crap, but considering they have millions of rabid crack-addicted fans it's only a matter of time.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:36 am
Prototype

RudeBeast wrote:
BloodDrinker6969 wrote:

:lol: Totally agree, first time I've heard of paying for online matches on a console (besides the actual Live subscription).

Is the $10 a one time fee or recurring?

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:06 am
Profile YIM WWW
Addicted

I'm pretty sure ea started it all last year with madden. Now any online ea game requires a code that's free new and $10 if you don't have it. People bought it so now all companies will do it.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:17 am
Die-Cast

gatchabert wrote:
RudeBeast wrote:
BloodDrinker6969 wrote:

Is the $10 a one time fee or recurring?

I think 1 time. Like "if you wanna play online, it'll cost you UNLESS YOU BUY IT NEW!" It's more of a reward for buying it new. eBay has tons for $3-$5, people who bought it new but with no online interest selling the codes. I got it for $3, it worked. GET OVER HEERREE!!!

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:45 am
Line of Credit

g_money wrote:
I'm pretty sure ea started it all last year with madden. Now any online ea game requires a code that's free new and $10 if you don't have it. People bought it so now all companies will do it.

Didn't realize the pass that came with Dead Space 2 was needed for online play. I always just thought it gave you access to exclusive bonus content for the game itself.

So basically you need this pass for every different EA game to play online or is just a one time thing once you actually get a pass code for any EA game?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
Prototype

Nate wrote:
g_money wrote:

Didn't realize the pass that came with Dead Space 2 was needed for online play. I always just thought it gave you access to exclusive bonus content for the game itself.

So basically you need this pass for every different EA game to play online or is just a one time thing once you actually get a pass code for any EA game?

I'm pretty sure each title requires a different pass. It would be like if you play Aion and City of Heroes. They're from the same company but they go to different servers. You have 1 account that you log into and the passes tell the computers which server you should be directed to.
One time fee to play on-line is not as bad as a recurring fee. The biggest difference is with MMO games, you get regular updates and those recurring fees help fund the updates no matter how big or small they are. Those fees also help keep servers up and running. I was totally against a monthly fee in the past but now I can see where the money goes.

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 101  Next