ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Tech stuff, Movies, Music...anything but toys.
Post a reply

Re: RADIOHEAD fans - prepare to shit brix ...

Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:59 pm

I think "Bloom" and "Feral" are my favorite tracks so far, but I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed. Nothing really stands out to me. It sounds like a B-sides album or something. Hmm...maybe it is a b-sides and the real album comes out tomorrow? :lol:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:42 pm

Chuck wrote:I think "Bloom" and "Feral" are my favorite tracks so far, but I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed. Nothing really stands out to me. It sounds like a B-sides album or something. Hmm...maybe it is a b-sides and the real album comes out tomorrow? :lol:

Yeah I've listened to it a few times and it reminds of Amnesiac. I loved Kid A but Amnesiac never came across as a solid album for me.

I was hoping "A tribute to Harry Patch" and "THese are my twisted words" would be on it. Seems like a waste of a few really really good songs.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:17 am

meh...I'll pass. Listened to it a couple times and was not impressed.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:49 am

bryce_r wrote:
Chuck wrote:I think "Bloom" and "Feral" are my favorite tracks so far, but I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed. Nothing really stands out to me. It sounds like a B-sides album or something. Hmm...maybe it is a b-sides and the real album comes out tomorrow? :lol:

Yeah I've listened to it a few times and it reminds of Amnesiac. I loved Kid A but Amnesiac never came across as a solid album for me.

I was hoping "A tribute to Harry Patch" and "THese are my twisted words" would be on it. Seems like a waste of a few really really good songs.

yea. my thoughts exactly... I didn't care too much for Kid A or Amnesiac initially, but Kid A really grew on me.... Amnesia did not & this album reminds me alot of Amnesiac. A bit of a disappointment after a few listens as I really liked hail to the thief and in rainbows

Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Alice wrote:I'll take Thom Yorke,

I wish you would . . . far away!

Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:42 pm

if you've seen the new video already.. this should be pretty funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xgeT2hzxrQ

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:00 pm

I was just thinking this morning just how much I dislike this band in retrospect.

I respect them to a certain extent, but the music is horrible at the end of the day.

The biggest radiohead conspiracy is that they somehow convinced everyone in the "biz" they were the arteests of the music industry and so everyone had to name check them for a few years.

play ANY album enough times and people will grow to love it...most people are lemmings. not that liking their shit makes you a lemming, I'd just rather run off a cliff to someone else's tunes.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:25 am

"Kid B", lol.
Something about it makes me want to stop listening & go outside,
which may be a good thing I spose.
Might be best thing since "Kid A" .
Not sure if I care yet or not.

Really love the cover art;
although ... "world's first Newspaper Album"?
Well, no - that would be Jethro Tull's 1972 "Thick As A Brick",
original copies of which come with a complete newspaper
that was just as entertaining to read as the record was to listen to.

And does: "a full-colour piece of oxo-degradeable plastic to hold it all together"
mean the cover's going to just fall apart at some unspecified date in the future?
O.o

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:24 pm

I downloaded the new album. I like Little by Little and Feral, they are pretty cool... but the rest is ehh :| ... Radiohead is cool music to chill to but I have to be in the mood I guess. Overall their songs and albums all sound the same to me....

Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:36 am

waiting for tix to go on presale for San Jose!
anyone want to call me so I don't miss it ? :)

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Gonna see Radiohead on Leap Day. SO stoked!

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:40 pm

I've seen them several times but am wary about another large venue like Hp in San Jose. I'd prefer seeing them in a smaller venue rather than on a grand scale.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:35 am

thanks to my wife scoring a couple surprise tickets, i saw my first radiohead show in phoenix last night. despite being in a stadium venue, it was really good!

Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:03 am

The video screens were pretty dope, huh?

Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:50 pm

yeah, they were pretty cool. really liked the way they could be raised/lowered in different patterns.

TiredChildren wrote:The video screens were pretty dope, huh?

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:04 pm

The only times I saw radiohead I bought tickets at the door and the single was fake plastic trees. There were maybe 150 people at the venue. Its how I like to remember them, almost everything after, not a fan.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:05 pm

audiodifficulties wrote:The only times I saw radiohead I bought tickets at the door and the single was fake plastic trees. There were maybe 150 people at the venue. Its how I like to remember them, almost everything after, not a fan.

did everyone leave after they played Creep?

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:06 pm

I really despise Radiohead but I LOVE Pendericki. I don't know yet what to think of this.
Did anyone ear this yet ?

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:07 pm

They didn't play creep. ;)
Though I couldn't imagine radiohead of that day ever having video screens and other things I've seen since then. They did close with an amazing version of my iron lung.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:19 pm

They finished their final encore with Street Spirit (Fade Out) when I saw them a couple weeks ago. AMAZING.

Sat May 07, 2016 7:22 pm

Haters gotta hate.

Waiting for the big reveal tomorrow on Mother's Day....

Love the new singles "Burn the Witch" and "Daydreaming"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2oS2hoL0k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTAU7lLDZYU

Mon May 09, 2016 12:01 am

downloaded at 11am but just worked 12 bloody hours
its all ive been thinking about, finally pressed 'play' :D

Mon May 09, 2016 3:09 pm

I forgot how much I love the new sounds they create.

Mon May 09, 2016 5:03 pm

So good IMO, well worth the wait...

Fri May 20, 2016 10:54 am

tonites tour time!

live stream saturday 21st, now 11:30am pacific (better crowd, better perfomance)
https://www.periscope.tv/radiohead_fr/1mrGmllAYmZKy

flac:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h2i25 ... lac%29.zip

friday 20th
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1OwxWbDybzRJQ

its killing me i wont see them live for this tour but im looking forward to all the live clips in the next few months
loving amsp!

Last edited by itsa_mia on Sun May 22, 2016 11:50 am, edited 9 times in total.
Post a reply