ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:24 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next
 Game of Thrones 
Addicted

Post Re: Game of Thrones
Amazon had the season 1 sets on a pre-order promo. $35 for blu ray, $30 for dvd.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:15 pm
Addicted

New trailer http://youtu.be/UV3RflsNxak
Simpsons parody http://filmthrasher.tumblr.com/post/18770920223/jonwithabullet-the-simpsons-intro-couch

Trades

Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:04 am
S7 Royalty

Wish list: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=48478&p=861452#p861452 (ok, somehow forgot html)

Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:49 am
Line of Credit

g_money wrote:
Amazon had the season 1 sets on a pre-order promo. $35 for blu ray, $30 for dvd.

And man is it good!! :) The blu ray edition is simply awesome, with what looks like quite a few extras (haven't had the chance to watch them all yet).

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Last edited by RudeBeast on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:50 am
Mr. Grumpy™

I hate the Lannisters (except Tyrion the Imp). On Episode 4 now and I can't wait to see the day Jaime dies. Also it's really cool that Aidan Gillen is Petyr Baelish. My mind kept saying "I know that actor where have I seen him before?" over an over! IMDB put me out of my misery. He played Councilman Tommy Carcetti on The Wire! Never knew he was British. Seems any good actor/actress on any show I watch these days is British.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Mr. Grumpy™

Did another watch the entire series in 2 day marathon. Pretty good show. Now I can be all caught up and ready for season 2 discussion. So when are these White Walkers going to try and wipe off all of humanity from this world?

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:14 am
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

Lixx wrote:
Did another watch the entire series in 2 day marathon. Pretty good show. Now I can be all caught up and ready for season 2 discussion. So when are these White Walkers going to try and wipe off all of humanity from this world?

Do you want spoilers? :B

You should definitely read the books now... I'm waiting for the paperback to come out in July. It looks like it's already out in Europe though, in two volumes too. Sort of tempted to get it from the Book Depository!

Wish list: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=48478&p=861452#p861452 (ok, somehow forgot html)

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:27 am
Mr. Grumpy™

petitetoilonrouge wrote:
Lixx wrote:

Do you want spoilers? :B

You should definitely read the books now... I'm waiting for the paperback to come out in July. It looks like it's already out in Europe though, in two volumes too. Sort of tempted to get it from the Book Depository!

Ha! Tempted but no (spoilers)! I ruined the last 7 episodes of Walking Dead season 2 for myself by not resisting them online. Season 2 starts April 1st so I'm excited.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:05 am
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

I really enjoyed the first season and I'm looking forward to season two, but the books are another thing altogether. I made it through the first book with my brain intact, but Martin's writing style really drove me nuts by the first 100 pages of book two, and I just started skimming at that point. I think all the description of clothing really just wears me out. It's also a bit tough spending so much time with so many unlikable characters.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:54 pm
Die-Cast

almost done with the 5th book. not nearly as good as books 1-3. But still some crazy shit going on here.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

As soon as I finished watching season 1, I had to read all of the books. It was a several months long feast of GOT. I even dreamt about the characters and stories during that time. I'm looking forward to the 2nd season...and the next book too. I hope that we don't have to wait 5 years for it though.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:36 pm
Die-Cast

Katie wrote:
As soon as I finished watching season 1, I had to read all of the books.

Truth. and this is coming from someone that doesn't read that much. I just finished the 5th book....1,000 pages read almost exclusively on the crapper. it didn't take as long as you might think.

not much resolved in the kingdoms. I also hope it won't take too long for the next book, but i'm guessing with the money train going full steam ahead, it will be out in less than a year.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Super Deformed

toybotstudios wrote:
not much resolved in the kingdoms. I also hope it won't take too long for the next book, but i'm guessing with the money train going full steam ahead, it will be out in less than a year.

Given that the 5th book was supposed to be the final book, and that the 5th book got split into two books (the 6th yet to be released), I'm assuming that a good majority of the 6th book is done. I'm hoping it's released this fall, and that the 7th (and final) book gets released not too long after.
I read books 1-4 straight through thinking that the series was complete. Only once I was into the 4th book did I learn that it was on-going. I'm now trying to wait for the series to be complete before I pick it back up so I can read books 5-7 in one shot. I think I've slowly relearned how to be patient, thanks in part to skullbrain!

Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:43 pm
Die-Cast

In March 2012, the author said to have roughly 200 pages completed at that time and expected the book to be finished in two or three years.[6] Martin stated that the character split occurring in A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons will end with The Winds of Winter.[7][better source needed][not in citation given] He also said that the characters introduced in the preceding two books would be the last point-of-view characters added to the series (aside from one-off prologue and epilogue characters).[7][better source needed][not in citation given]

On March 26, 2012, Martin confirmed that the final two novels will take readers further north than any of the previous books: "What lies really north [The Land of Always Winter], we haven't explored that yet, but we will in the last two books." He also says that the cliffhangers at the end of A Dance with Dragons "will be resolved very early" in The Winds of Winter. "I'm going to open with the two big battles that I was building up to, the battle in the ice and the battle at Mereen—the battle of Slaver's Bay. And then take it from there."[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Winds_of_Winter

Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

*rubbing hands together in anticipation and glee*

Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:55 pm
Super Deformed

Thanks for the info, Kirkland! Looks like I'm in for a long wait...

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:19 am
Mr. Grumpy™

So what does everyone think of the premiere of Season 2? Pretty good opening (even though it was just setting everything up)

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:09 am
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Loved it.

http://greasebatjefflamm.virb.com/

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:54 am
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

Same here, without any doubt my favorite series since season one.
Does anyone know how many episodes are being produced for season 2?

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:01 am
Addicted

RudeBeast wrote:
Same here, without any doubt my favorite series since season one.
Does anyone know how many episodes are being produced for season 2?
They are doing 10 episodes again this season.

When they did the re-cap of season 1, I had almost forgotten how much stuff had happened.
I thought this episode was good. It brought you back up to speed with everyone, and set up new plot lines. Can't wait to see what this season holds.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:28 am
Die-Cast

did they mention Jaime's capture last season? It's all a blur between Season 1 and the books now. Great scene between Joffrey and Cersei. She is realizing what a little monster he is.

Ned will be missed.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Comment King

i effing LOVE slow mondays at the office... great chance to catch up on what i missed the night before. just got done watching the season opener...
looks to be just as bloody an affair as last season.

(and yes, they did go into jamie's capture... think it was in episode 8 or 9.)

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:34 am
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

I think they did, I think Jaime had been captured in Season 1 but again the books tend to blur what I remember from the show.
Loved many scenes from this first episode, starting from the knowledge vs power one between Petyr Baelish and Cersei Lannister or the Baratheon bastard slaying sequence just to mention a couple, overall a great start that makes me want a five hour fix now!

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:40 am
S7 Royalty

They did cover it, but they didn't show the Whispering Woods battle per se (or any battle, really). I read that they were going to show that big battle that might or might not come soon though (*cough* *cough*). Will be watching the s02 premiere tonight myself...

Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:04 pm
Toy Prince

I loved the books, but wondering if I can enjoy the show as much now. When they arrived at Craster's, I thought to myself, didn't this already happen last season? The books are so well written, that my mind has already seen all of this using the actors that are in the show. :)

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:14 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next