ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Tech stuff, Movies, Music...anything but toys.
Post a reply

Re: instagram?

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:02 am

I completely agree but also 99.98% of people don't know any better. Hence peddlers such as Walmart, Spencers and Hot Topic. :D

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:30 am

I'll restate what I said to a friend and then on facebook,
People thinking instagram can make money off their crappy filtered photos is what is funny.

Nobody wants to steal your crappy photos of meals you are about to eat or the shoes you are wearing on your feet (directed at 99% of instagram users)

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:36 am

I think a lot of people are just mad at the fact of it. Knowing instagram WON'T do it, but the idea that they put it there. I know some people have said they just outright feel insulted and no company should put this in their TOS. More of a statement quit then a fear quit.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:41 am

I don't care if its my scungey old socks from the back of my sock draw. I don't want some creepy old man coming into my room and taking em. It is not his decision to make. Ok so it's really his house. But theyre my scungey old socks. I'll pay the rent. But he can't have my old socks. Plus sometimes I hide diamonds in there.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 am

But you don't pay the rent because its free.
It was probably just an attorney trying to cover their asses just in case they would do anything.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:21 pm

goldenstash wrote:
I'll restate what I said to a friend and then on facebook,
People thinking instagram can make money off their crappy filtered photos is what is funny.

Nobody wants to steal your crappy photos of meals you are about to eat or the shoes you are wearing on your feet (directed at 99% of instagram users)

Seriously! There's WAY too many feet shots out there. :P

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Ha looks like I was smart for deleting my account the instant those fucktards at facebook bought the company!

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:43 pm

audiodifficulties wrote:I'll restate what I said to a friend and then on facebook,

It surprises me that you're naïve enough to think that these people care about quality :wink:

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:48 pm

^ as an advertising creative director, i'm more than a little offended at that statement.
OF COURSE we care about quality... but unfortunately "quality" costs money, and most clients are cheap-asses.
blah blah blah arguments about people "not getting paid"... but i can speak from experience saying that if you want
to use any image in ANY sort of advertising campaign, you have to have releases signed out the ass. we've had to
buy out entire olympic training arenas to be sure that there's no random peon walking around the back of a shot and
we have to scrap the entire spot because we can't find out who it is and legal's got their panties in a bunch because
of it. so don't worry... your dumb face/plate of food/pumped-up kicks won't be popped in under a nike/playtex/mastercard
logo anytime soon without you knowing about it.

but then again, if you constantly hashtag #everygoddamnstupidfuckingthing, then yes, you're likely going to turn up in
some media research company's list of "people that we should market our shit towards."

now i'm going to go back and take more pictures of my stupid customs...

Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:50 pm

I have learned something new as a result of this whole mess. Instagram, unlike Flickr, does not let you see all the images that you have liked. There is some limit based on the count of images you have liked or how old the likes are.

I use my favorited photos list in Flickr all the time. It's like my personal scrapbook of awesomeness. I guess I figured Instagram's likes worked the same, but clearly they are more designed to function as a temporary popularity contest for the images in people's streams.

Lame.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:58 am

Headlessking-headlessking666

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:41 pm

Zutphen - Sutfin

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:12 pm

I just noticed some (not all) of my Instagram pics are not being transferred to my Flickr... Anyone experiencing the same thing? Anyone knows why this may be happening? When I noticed, I tried manually doing it again with the Share Photo option, but even though I did not get an error message, they don't appear on Flickr. Weird.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:18 pm

... must be an iphone thing. android instagram (or at least mine) doesn't have a share to flickr option...

Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:45 pm

sbbenhcs wrote:... must be an iphone thing. android instagram (or at least mine) doesn't have a share to flickr option...

pretty sure there is that option on android...

Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:59 pm

ah, it's there when you originally post it. my bad... but why isn't it available after you post?
(there's no flickr under "share" when you look at the more options "..." button near the favorite and comment buttons)

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:32 pm

kroker = dannynofi

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:53 am

kevlo9= kevlo9 :)

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:55 am

AD2LB

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:59 am

dxxe