ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 2:29 am

Checking up on a seller. 
Mini Boss

Post Checking up on a seller.
(snip)

Last edited by Roger on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:25 pm
Post Pimp

Post Re: Checking up on a seller.
I would think if the guy has 12 months of clean feedback that he's past whatever issue lead to the previous problems.

Prometheus Rising Studios
Store, Twitter, Tumblr, Wants

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
Mini Boss

i don't know. 95% isn't good. i'm an asshole and a super slow shipper, and i have a 100% feedback rating. but i've dealt with some folk (a few on a regular basis) that have complete shit feedback ratings and i have had nothing but good dealings with them. so yeah, when it comes to ebay, its all thrown to the wind. luckily, paypal claims usually side with the buyer...

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:33 pm
Vintage

Yeah, Paypal is usually very great at helping out with security, but ultimately sometimes you just want what you paid for more than your money back :? I have the learned the hard way too, that, at the first sign of doubt, the best course is to just be a d*@k about it, becuase the time on filing a claim can run out, and IF it does, then you are really boned. The problem is for myself, and people who need international shipping, that the clock starts ticking from the day of "sale" and thus if the time to receive it takes long, and then you also need to allot time to mail the item back, add in any intermediate time as well for payment processing, and you are really cutting it close to the wire.

This brings to question whether it would be 'kosher' or not to start a list of questionable sellers, from the various market forms out there. It seems there has been a lot of discussion regarding certain individuals making repeat offences, coming back to the board under aliases, or bad flippers, etc. Maybe some kind of warning, use at your own discretion type of thing.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:10 pm
Super Deformed

When in doubt, don't buy :)

KFHC

KEVLO flickr

Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:55 pm
Profile WWW