ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Tech stuff, Movies, Music...anything but toys.
Post a reply

Robot Exhibition at Worcester (UK) Museum

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:34 pm

Dropped in to my local museum/gallery to check out the Robot Exhibition today...

If anyone was thinking of going to the Doctor Who Museum at Bromyard -
http://www.skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39417
this would help fill the day as it's not too far away...

Only on until September 3rd -
http://www.worcestercitymuseums.org.uk/

Not a robot but it was there too!

Re: Robot Exhibition at Worcester (UK) Museum

Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:50 am

Awesome! Wish I could check it out in person - but thanks for the photos!

Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:13 pm

While I'm all for cool robot exhibits, some of those items displayed are pure crap. My kids received these modern-day $15 robot toys as gifts. They certainly don't below in any museum exhibit. Right now they are sitting in my garage after failing to sell in two consecutive garage sales. :lol:

smo9monster wrote:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Things like this, especially in my town, don't really happen here so it was good to see!
Those particular robots didn't mean much to me either - I didn't really note what they were, but there were a bunch of other 'kids' (real ones not grown ups!!) in the museum that were gathered around and excited by them :D
The real stuff from Lost in Space, Forbidden Planet and R2D2 were great...

Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:36 pm

smo9monster wrote:Things like this, especially in my town, don't really happen here so it was good to see!
Those particular robots didn't mean much to me either - I didn't really note what they were, but there were a bunch of other 'kids' (real ones not grown ups!!) in the museum that were gathered around and excited by them :D
The real stuff from Lost in Space, Forbidden Planet and R2D2 were great...

I hear ya. I don't mean to dis the exhibit as a whole. Like you said, its always good to see this sort of thing on a local level. And its always good to see bots get respect. But I just found it funny to see those particular ones included.
Post a reply