ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:28 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 What was your 'grail' as a kid? 
Addicted

Post Re: What was your 'grail' as a kid?
Deadbone wrote:
MattyBoomBatty wrote:
My 40 yr old brother has a giant Battlestar Galactica launcher that fires five inch vipers at foam Cylon Raiders MIB that he never lets see the light off day and he has a Space 1999 EAGLE for the 12" dolls that the box alone is bigger than my 4 year old and although I've never seen it out of its box I bet that thing is HOOOOGE!
Bastard. Never let me play with his cool stuff when we were young either.

Wow Matty, try to get some pics next time you visit. Space 1999 eagle that fits 12" dolls sounds awesome. :shock:

Turns out I was wrong, he has this, it is 32 inches long.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKGW8lVLQPQ

Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

I was all about "Street Sharks" as a kid but my mom wouldnt buy me any.:( but things changed when i got my first job lol.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:04 am
Team Tsubu

Thanks for the video, MBB. There were a lot of things to love about that giant Eagle, but I think my favorite aspect was that you could detach the nosecone and rear thrusters to be combined into an awkward looking shuttle. I thought that was so cool then.
Your remembering the scale as being way bigger than it actually turned out to be reminded me of a fact about the Vinyl Paradise line I learned here earlier this year - Marmit sculpted the figures to be larger than the sofubi of the '60s and '70s so that in hand they'd make you feel like a kid again! Made me very happy to learn this.

MattyBoomBatty wrote:
Deadbone wrote:
MattyBoomBatty wrote:
My 40 yr old brother has a giant Battlestar Galactica launcher that fires five inch vipers at foam Cylon Raiders MIB that he never lets see the light off day and he has a Space 1999 EAGLE for the 12" dolls that the box alone is bigger than my 4 year old and although I've never seen it out of its box I bet that thing is HOOOOGE!

Wow Matty, try to get some pics next time you visit. Space 1999 eagle that fits 12" dolls sounds awesome. :shock:

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Flickr one and Flickr two

Last edited by toothaction on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:31 am
Side Dealer

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:01 am
Toy Prince

Here is mine:

GT Performer (Freestyle bmx).
That my mom would marry Rambo.
Bigger balls.

No guts no Galaxy

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:14 am
Line of Credit

Loved the slime monster board game:

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:21 pm
Line of Credit

Not to mention a lot of Remco figures like this guy here:

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:33 pm
Addicted

I made the ****er show it to me the other night and the box has about 200 tiny holes in it. I said "What the hell are those?"
He said "That, is why I can never sell it for MIB price. Those are 200 dart holes where the guy who owned it before me used to throw darts at it."
WHAT AN IDIOT!
It's still HUGE. The box is still up to my shoulders and I'm a big mofo.
I've seen those "Wolfman" dolls before...thought it was good but not my scene. Someone on this board posted a pic in the collections area and they had this big 16" Creature that blew me away. I'd get that if I could find it.

toothaction wrote:
Thanks for the video, MBB. There were a lot of things to love about that giant Eagle, but I think my favorite aspect was that you could detach the nosecone and rear thrusters to be combined into an awkward looking shuttle. I thought that was so cool then.
Your remembering the scale as being way bigger than it actually turned out to be reminded me of a fact about the Vinyl Paradise line I learned here earlier this year - Marmit sculpted the figures to be larger than the sofubi of the '60s and '70s so that in hand they'd make you feel like a kid again! Made me very happy to learn this.

MattyBoomBatty wrote:
Deadbone wrote:
MattyBoomBatty wrote:

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:30 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6