ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:34 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next
 The good ol' hockey game 
Vintage

Post The good ol' hockey game
NHL pre-season starts tonight (well as far as I am concerned, being a Habs fan :wink: ) So pumped for the new season, and it has been a tough break all around for fans and the hockey community alike. I welcome the return with plenty of changes (though of course there are loads more I would institute), and of course the Jets revival. Now if only I was GM, we'd be all set to go :mrgreen:

One extra thought though, anyone have good suggestions for IP channeling? I am really getting hosed not being able to stream anything from here in Japan. I have heard that Tor is good for anonymity, but I just want to catch some games (e.g. no loss of speed would be ideal). VPN through a local network hasn't seemed to work either.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:59 am
Fresh Meat

Post Re: The good ol' hockey game
thank god the season is starting!!!

Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:41 pm
Mr. Grumpy™

You use to be able to go to justintv and watch streaming games but the NHL cracked down on them. Once in awhile I catch a game there. The place I watched most of my games is here last year:

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/forums/29-NHL-Icehockey

currently the site is down but it should be up during the season. I'm not keen on paying to watch hockey like the NHL wants me too (online or at a game). They rape you. Hell if I want a decent seat here in Buffalo it's like 170 per seat, For a fucking hockey game? Get real! Won't pay for cable either.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

I keep freaking out everytime I ear "Erik Cole", then I realize he's with us a few seconds later :lol:

Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:08 pm
Vintage

I feel the pain Lixx, but you are least somewhat lucky you live in a town where you can go see a hockey game. In nearly every Canadian city you are lucky to get a decent seat for that price, and they are like f@&$#g nags or something to try and get, if not more scarce considering the numbers theoretically available. Then you have to struggle to even catch a game on TV, what with retarded broadcast rights, preference to the Leafs, local blackouts, etc. The NHL has really tried all of our patience in its pure business attitude, but unfortunately it knows that enough fans will always be around with cash willing to throw at it.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:47 pm
Addicted

HOCKEY TIME!!!!!!!! DEVILSSSSS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:53 pm
S7 Royalty

I have the same problem as you Stephen - don't want to shell the 65$ a month to get cable and RDS or switch my cellphone plan to Bell, but would love to catch the games. I don't mind paying, but even the NHL's channel is crap for Habs games. This said, I think that since you're in Japan, there are no tv rights issues and all games are available on the web...
These net live streams are a last resort - the quality is just too awful.

Wish list: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=48478&p=861452#p861452 (ok, somehow forgot html)

Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:17 pm
Addicted

isnt the NHL channel affiliated with the ps3? I think you can stream games on to your tv through that?

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:02 pm
Fresh Meat

IamMordecai wrote:
isnt the NHL channel affiliated with the ps3? I think you can stream games on to your tv through that?

I think it will be a paid service... But hoping it won't be.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:23 am
S7 Royalty

IamMordecai wrote:

Yes, but I don't care much for Phoenix vs Anaheim games, and givenghat the channel does not stream games otherwise available on regular cable broadcast (ie all Habs games)...

Wish list: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=48478&p=861452#p861452 (ok, somehow forgot html)

Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:04 am
Mr. Grumpy™

IamMordecai wrote:

Oh wow I never knew that! I have a ps3. So how does it work? I looked online and it's 9.99 for a season pass, which is totally doable. I never use my ps3 for anything but playing RDR, how would I watch the HD stream through it?

Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:54 am
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

If you manage to do it Lixx, can I come over to watch the games? :)

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:05 am
Mr. Grumpy™

petitetoilonrouge wrote:
If you manage to do it Lixx, can I come over to watch the games? :)

Ha! Sure, but only when the B's play the Habs! :lol: Playstation network is down right now (big surprise) so I can't see it's available yet for 2011-12 season.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

First game on TV for the Bay Area is the Leafs @ Philly. Two teams that I don't really care for but still excited to be watching hockey again!! Will this be another year of disappointment for my finless Sharks?

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:17 pm
Fresh Meat

How do you guys think Jagr will do?

Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:14 pm
Vintage

I expect Jagr will have a decent season, not fantastic, but probably a lot better than a lot of the overhyped overpaid players out there. I am not saying he was worth the money either mind you, but he will put up points, and is a definite presence on the ice. I am more interested to watch Selanne for another season. That guy is a phenomenal machine, and he never dissapoints. And for a guy to take a pay like that, shows his motivation is purely to the game, and his dedication to his team. Of course I would have rather seen him in a Jets jersey, but that is just dreaming. :)

flickr part [2] part [3]

Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:25 pm
Fresh Meat

ultrakaiju wrote:
I expect Jagr will have a decent season, not fantastic, but probably a lot better than a lot of the overhyped overpaid players out there. I am not saying he was worth the money either mind you, but he will put up points, and is a definite presence on the ice. I am more interested to watch Selanne for another season. That guy is a phenomenal machine, and he never dissapoints. And for a guy to take a pay like that, shows his motivation is purely to the game, and his dedication to his team. Of course I would have rather seen him in a Jets jersey, but that is just dreaming. :)

Hahaha...that would be great to see him in a Jets jersey and score 76 goals again. But at least we get our West Side Story again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8R9GiLImSw

Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:54 pm
Addicted

Lixx wrote:
IamMordecai wrote:

Oh wow I never knew that! I have a ps3. So how does it work? I looked online and it's 9.99 for a season pass, which is totally doable. I never use my ps3 for anything but playing RDR, how would I watch the HD stream through it?

Ill take a look at it now. I downloaded Nhl thing that lets you see the scores, but im almost positive if you are signed up with nhl.com streaming you can watch it through that application on your ps3.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:54 pm
Fresh Meat

IamMordecai wrote:
Lixx wrote:
IamMordecai wrote:

Ill take a look at it now. I downloaded Nhl thing that lets you see the scores, but im almost positive if you are signed up with nhl.com streaming you can watch it through that application on your ps3.

It's free if you're a Plus member. Otherwise it is $10 and you have to renew every season.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:55 am
Addicted

ChoroQ wrote:
IamMordecai wrote:
Lixx wrote:
IamMordecai wrote:

It's free if you're a Plus member. Otherwise it is $10 and you have to renew every season.

its not free for psn+ memebers, just the part with the hockey scores.
this is what im reading directly from the program on my ps3...
"To watch nhl games on your ps3, you must have a subscription to nhl gamecenter live or nhl vault and link it to your ps3 system.
Network connection of 1 mbps is required to watch video.
the link to nhl gamecenter is showing a price of is $159, I guess forever?
And you pretty much can watch any game you want.

if your a hardcore hockey fan in the middle of east bumblefuck(or canada), it might be worth checking out.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:03 pm
Addicted

I keep telling myself I will really commit to watching as many rangers games as possible this year. I always space out during the reg season but i will watch any playoff game on. As long as the devils suck I will be happy. I love walking my dog to "the rock" and she then proceeds to go to the bathroom in front of it. I mean, I clean it up, but its still funny to me.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:46 pm
Mr. Grumpy™

IamMordecai wrote:
ChoroQ wrote:
IamMordecai wrote:
Lixx wrote:
IamMordecai wrote:

its not free for psn+ memebers, just the part with the hockey scores.
this is what im reading directly from the program on my ps3...
"To watch nhl games on your ps3, you must have a subscription to nhl gamecenter live or nhl vault and link it to your ps3 system.
Network connection of 1 mbps is required to watch video.
the link to nhl gamecenter is showing a price of is $159, I guess forever?
And you pretty much can watch any game you want.

if your a hardcore hockey fan in the middle of east bumblefuck(or canada), it might be worth checking out.

So let me see if I'm reading this right? You drop the $159 at the NHL Gamecenter site then pay $9.99 to watch it on ps3? For a minute I got all excited thinking I'd only have to pay $9.99 to watch all those HD games all season on ps3.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:39 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Does Xbox 360 offer the same service? As a born Winnipegger it would be awesome to watch their games this year. My beer league hockey season starts next week, we're gonna suck. Anyone else play hockey here?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:40 am
Addicted

@ lixx I think its just the 159 for the service. I dont know if its forever though. might just be a season? I dunno.

I only think its for the ps3 though. no xbox.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:20 pm
Fresh Meat

cellar_door wrote:
Does Xbox 360 offer the same service? As a born Winnipegger it would be awesome to watch their games this year. My beer league hockey season starts next week, we're gonna suck. Anyone else play hockey here?

I quit playing in the beer leagues out here. Too many idiots that think they are playing for the Cup. One of my friends got tired of it as well and started to buy 2 slots at one of the rinks. So now we have a closed pick-up twice a week at 6:30pm and 7:30pm on another night. Awesome time slots and a fun skate where people are laughing!! Gentlemen's off-sides and no icing...light to no contact depending on who the other person is. The one crappy part...we have to run a buzzer for 2min shifts because we get 30 skaters (not counting the goalies). I hate that buzzer cause it's hard to get into any kind of flow.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:52 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next